• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Character Suggestion Ever: Travis Touchdown!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The Greatest Character Suggestion Ever: Travis Touchdown!​

My fellow Smashers, I realize that we all have your own hopes and dreams of an obscure character that would be positively PERFECT for Brawl, yet has absolutely no chance of making the cut. Whether it’s Jill from Drill Dozer, Bonk from Bonk’s Adventure, Lloyd Irving form Tales of Symphonia or even Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid (As if THAT could happen….) we all have our crazy hopes.

My character suggestion is the star of No More Heroes, Travis Touchdown – a name that is so awesome, it alone should qualify him as the greatest videogame character of all time.

No More Heroes is an ultra violent action game that combines the free roaming world of Grand Theft Auto with the pure Japanese lunacy. Developed by the crazy persons at Grasshopper Manufacture (the same minds that brought you the Gamecube sleeper Killer 7) and published by Ubisoft, this Wii exclusive title was developed from the ground up for the console and is scheduled for release early next year.

Simply put, this game is a shining beacon of hope for Wii gamers drowning in a sea of PS2 ports and waggle-intensive mini game collections. The stylized graphics are stunning, the enemies are so utterly insane they put the craziest Metal Gear Solid boss to shame and the gameplay is reportedly even more violent than Manhunt 2. Oh, and you save your game by taking a dump. I kid thee not.

The storyline is so awesomely cheesy and over the top that it defies description. Travis is a typical nerd who is obsessed with anime’ and pro-wrestling – until he buys a Beam Katana (ie: light-saber) in an internet auction and decides to become an assassin. This every-man tale follows Travis as he kills other hired killers in his quest to become the top ranked hitman in the world. Quite frankly, this has the makings of the greatest game EVER!

So why does Travis deserve a spot in Brawl? How about the fact that he fights with a FREAKIN LIGHTSABER as well as crazy wrestling moves. Or that he drives around on a motorcycle, the Schpel Tiger, which is the most improbable looking vehicle ever conceived. Or that his presence alone would increase the awesomeness of the Brawl roster ten fold.

I know, I know. There is roughly a zero percent chance of Travis making the cut as he is simply too new and too obscure to compete with the Sonics and Megamans. Or maybe he’s just TOO awesome. But whatever the case, I can always dream.

***UPDATE*** I can't believe I didn't notice this before. Two composers from Grasshopper are working on Brawl. TWO!!!

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND

Jun Fukuda
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / contact
The evidence is irrefutable. Travis Touchdown is totally in Brawl.

Is that a gross overexageration? Yes, yes it is. But come on, jumping the gun is what the Character Discussion section is all about!

Check out all the video clips of No More Heroes here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3242.html and use this thread to discuss the awesomeness that is Travis Touchdown.

Oh, and to anyone designs a killer Travis Touchdown moveset I will grant three wishes.

Here's an awesome moveset created by the one and only Flying Dutchman:

Flying Dutchman said:
Here ya go, Wisey. Main sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGtgqw3IsVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIEUDtEN3iE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqtHaeYmm-8

TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN, FUTURISTIC ASSASIN.

STATS:

HEIGHT: *** Travis Touchdown seems like a long, slim person to me. He'd be about as tall as Snake, perhaps a bit taller?
WEIGHT: ** Like I said, he seems long and slim. Not too much equipment, just him and his sword. He'd be a bit less than Marth's weight.
SPEED: **** Dashing speed a bit faster than Pit's.
POWER: * He does multiple hits, so the damage only racks up. Single hits don't have much force, but they do when you have three of them right after each other.
TRACTION: ***

GROUND MOVES:

A,A (Standard Combo)
Travis does a standard slash similiar to Metaknight's neutral A. He slashes at an angle, the first slash aimed to the left, the second aimed to the right.

Forward Tilt
Travis spins and does a horizontal slice. It has horizontal knockback, and does the most damage of Travis' tilts (also the most lag, so be wary).

Up Tilt
Travis does a speedy upward slash, then a downward slash, then another upward slash. The slashes itself don't do much damage, and only the last slash has upward knockback. There's hardly any lag, so it's good for a combo starter.

Down Tilt
Travis uses his legs to make the opponent trip and fall to the ground. It can be teched, but there's only a few frames of lag. The only good thing about it is to annoy your opponent and tech-chasing.

Forward Smash
Travis jumps forward and does an overhead slash, similiar to Link's faithful Jump Attack, only that he spins while jumping. The range is extremely good, as the hitbox begins when he jumps, not when the actual slash begins. However, a character like Kirby could get underneath the actual jump, and it has a good bit of lag. Still, this is one of the most powerful normal attacks that Travis has.

Up Smash
Rapid hacks and slashes, then one powerful upward slash. Sends opponents at a 45 degree angle upward. Pretty good knockback and damage, but still some lag. It's not the best killing move, but it'll send your opponents away for some space.

Down Smash
Travis ducks and kicks, trying to trip the opponent.. If the kick connects, Travis will give a short but powerful jab to it's opponent. If the kick doesn't connect, Travis will stand up normally, but with some lag. It sends opponents away horizontally, at a slightly downward angle. It's hard too use for edgeguarding though, since the kick has to connect first.

Dash Attack
Travis does a 45 degree angled slash upward. Seen in the first trailer, killing Helter Skelter. The lag is pretty bad, but the knockback is quite good for a dash attack. It's not wise to use it often though, especially not in the beginning of the match.

AERIAL MOVES:

Neutral Aerial
Normal sex kick. Not much too say, we know how sex kicks work.

Forward Aerial
Travis does a forward flip and slashes. Good range and knockback, the lag isn't nice to you though. If you can SHFFL it effectively, it might be an approaching move.

Back Aerial
Backward overhead slash. Similiar to Marth's, only a downward vertical slash, not an upward slash. Good range and there's not much lag either, but the knock back isn't as good as the forward aerial.

Up Aerial
Travis jabs upward, having a sweetspot at the tip of his sword. This is the only attack with a sweetspot, and it's your main vertical killing move. It's somewhat hard to hit, but it's lag is very small.

Down Aerial
Travis dives downward until he finds an opponent, which he slashes multiple times. It's dangerous to use in the air since you can only cancel it with an airdodge, so use wisely! It has high damage though, and the knockback is pretty good.

GRABS:

Travis holds his opponents with his free hand.

Attack
A quick, simple slash.

Forward Throw
Travis rapidly slices his opponents three times, then kicks him away. Mediocre knockback and damage, and the lag's okay.

Up Throw
Travis throws his opponent up, jumps and slices. The most lag, but has some pretty knockback attached.

Down Throw
Travis slams his opponent unto the ground, headfirst. Can be chain-grabbed on non-fastfallers.

Back Throw
Turns opponent around and slams him backwards, headfirst into the ground, similiar to Snake's backthrow as seen in 'Snake Joins The Brawl!'. If you don't know what I mean, watch the trailers.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Mega Charge
Travis charges his beam katana for a while. When used, it's an overhead slash that does pretty good knockback and damage. When fully charged, you can shoot off a shock wave which does high damage and drags opponents along (ala Kirby's Final Cutter). You can store the shock wave when it's fully charged by pressing the shield button. You can't interrupt the charge.

Forward Special: Mega Rush
Travis dashes forward until he finds an opponent. When he finds one, he starts slashing. You can move the control stick for different combo's, but you don't have to press the button. He slashes five times, the fifth slash having okay knockback. Watch out though, you won't dash if you use this in the air, your opponent has to be right next to you. The fifth strike semi-spikes when used in mid-air.

Up Special: Schpel Tiger
On the ground, you can use this similiar to Yoshi's forward special. You move over the ground, but you can jump with the jump button. You move around on it, running over your opponents for a full 10 seconds. Your opponents can knock you off the Schpel Tiger, and indeed, they can drag it off so you can't use it. Only when you get hold of it or if it's thrown off the stage, it'll go back into 'hammerspace' so you can use it again. How can you use this as a recovery move though? Simple, just use it in the air and point at a direction while the Tiger charges up. It'll then go into the direction you're pointing at, much like Fox's Up Special. It goes about a bit farther than the Fire Fox.

Down Special: Mega Defense
This move works almost just like Fox's Reflector, only it doesn't push away your enemies, nor can it be jump-cancelled. It reflects enemy projectiles by rapidly moving around his sword, ala Star Wars. This move is also used in the trailers multiple times.

OTHERS:

It's first jump is about the same height as Mewtwo's, it's second jump is a bit longer than his first one.

His taunt is Travis saying "MOE~", as seen in the TGS trailer.

---

Whew. This baby's done. Hope ya like it, I tried my best.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
nooooooooo... I hate 3rd party devolopers, because they always give nintendo kiddy stuff, ps2 imports, or just bad games... this character would be an insult to SSBB..

T-major

Smash Champion
This is the best you can come up with? by the title I hoped it would be better.
I think it's an awesome idea. and what brilliant ideas have you come lately?...

nooooooooo... I hate 3rd party devolopers, because they always give nintendo kiddy stuff, ps2 imports, or just bad games... this character would be an insult to SSBB..
ok, but what do these things have to do with No More Heroes?

Travis would be an AWESOME characters!! he would fit perfectly, and I agree that he would make SSBB 10x more awesome! I would main him if he was in, even though he's impossible.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
No More Heroes looks like an awesome game... but I doubt that Sakurai would even CONSIDER putting Travis Touchdown in.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
OMG a must but sadly not likely. No More Heroes is looking to be really cool, I hope it makes it to Australia.

:034:

Smash Hero
Holy, I never even thought of Travis.. Unlikely, but he would definitely be awesome.

I'll make a moveset for you, Wisey.. After a while, though. Homework and such goes first.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This is the best you can come up with? by the title I hoped it would be better.
For instance...?

Fortunately, No More Heroes is neither a kiddy name nor a PS2 port. It's a modern masterpiece in the making, and it deserves the love and respect of every Nintendo gamer.

He would be cool.
Indeed he would.

I think it's an awesome idea. and what brilliant ideas have you come lately?...

ok, but what do these things have to do with No More Heroes?

Travis would be an AWESOME characters!! he would fit perfectly, and I agree that he would make SSBB 10x more awesome! I would main him if he was in, even though he's impossible.
Thanks for the support, T-major.

No More Heroes looks like an awesome game... but I doubt that Sakurai would even CONSIDER putting Travis Touchdown in.
Sad, but true. Still, we can dare to dream...

The Smiths would be better, and you know it.

The Ice Climbers have met their match...

OMG a must but sadly not likely. No More Heroes is looking to be really cool, I hope it makes it to Australia.
Thanks for bumping my thread! Don't worry Mic, I'm sure Austrailia will get NMH eventually. Probably around 2012 or so... ;)

Holy, I never even thought of Travis.. Unlikely, but he would definitely be awesome.

I'll make a moveset for you, Wisey.. After a while, though. Homework and such goes first.
Take yout time, FD. Just PM me when you have it done. :)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
have you seen the trailers? i like the way he charges up his 'beam katana' (........he kind of....um... masturbates it......)
CLASSIC!

i vote yes!

on top of all that, the game designer's name is SUDA 51. wtf? it has original stamped all over its face!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
having played Killer 7 and knowing what kind of creations Suda 51 can come up with, i would say HELL YES to Travis

however, we know he has no chance in hell to make it. it's a nice idea though and i support him with you Wiseguy

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
You just killed my hopes for the game saying that Ubisoft is going to be publishing it....

Especially with the binge of bullcrap games they have already ****ed the wii with (Rabbids being the exception)

Anywho, a little too late I would assume, but a great character nonetheless...

I was looking forward to the game however, till you mentioned Ubisoft...

Crap....

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You just killed my hopes for the game saying that Ubisoft is going to be publishing it....

Especially with the binge of bullcrap games they have already ****ed the wii with (Rabbids being the exception)

Anywho, a little too late I would assume, but a great character nonetheless...

I was looking forward to the game however, till you mentioned Ubisoft...

Crap....
Easy Chewy, Ubi is publishing NMH in North America (the Japanese publisher doesn't have a U.S. branch, apparently) but they have no say in the actual content of the game. Like I said, a crappy PS2 port this ain't.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wiseguy, you're always great for promoting insanity, I love it! (Plus, you get props for mentioning Jill...) At the very least, I can't wait for NMH.

*Sigh*

Why do I always support the characters with no chance?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Easy Chewy, Ubi is publishing NMH in North America (the Japanese publisher doesn't have a U.S. branch, apparently) but they have no say in the actual content of the game. Like I said, a crappy PS2 port this ain't.
As long as they don't **** with the product, I am cool with it.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah like you need the biggest IQ on earth to think about this
have you thought of something better? no?... gee, I wonder why...

... stop trying to pick up fights
no

and why the hell do you have to stand up for a thread that isn't even yours?
why the hell shouldn't I? you must be some kind of arrogant **** to only care about things that are your own... lets say you saw someone trying to set your neighbors house on fire; it's not your house, so your telling me you wouldn't try and stop them?

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
@Wiseguy
You my man...
made the best choice ever, i was thinking right on that and 2 ppl working in brawl r also on NMH?!?!?!?!?!?
definitely travis will be in brawl and i just cant wait for NMH!!!!!
i need that game
-drools on poster-

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I doubt they'll add a character whose game is released almost at the same time, what if his game sucks and flops, we're left with a crappy character noone likes.

Have you seen the trailers for NMH? The chances of this game sucking are nil. Besides, the previews for this game at TGS were very positive.

And remember: Roy was in Melee before his game was released (correct me if I'm wrong...)

vesperview

Smash Hero
Have you seen the trailers for NMH? The chances of this game sucking are nil. Besides, the previews for this game at TGS were very positive.

And remember: Roy was in Melee before his game was released (correct me if I'm wrong...)
Actually the game looks really good, I just don't think Nintendo would risk a third party spot with an unreleased character, I would give him a higher chance if he wasn't third party.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Actually the game looks really good, I just don't think Nintendo would risk a third party spot with an unreleased character, I would give him a higher chance if he wasn't third party.
Ah, but Nintendo isn't choosing the roster: Sakurai is. And he might just be insane enough to include a character like Travis. This is the same guy who thought that Solid Snake would be perfect for Super Smash Bros.

Top Bottom