• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'm not even a Ridley supporter and I still think he has a chance.
Sakurai is a confirmed jokester (ZS Samus) and has joked around with the idea of Ridley before.
He mentioned an enemy from Samus' past may appear when talking about Pyrosphere, he keeps bringing up how size doesn't matter.
He is building up to much more than just a stage hazard I think.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
...Don't kill me for this, but until we see Ridley as a stage hazard for sure, I don't want to put him in yet.

Or Mii, for that matter. They don't have enough evidence behind them yet.
While not explicitly stated that he was a boss, Ridley should be put in the Graveyard if Toad's in there. There was no explicit confirmation that there is no playable Toad (Blue, probably), but he was put into the graveyard regardless do to his severely wounded chances. We should be consistent in this.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
While not explicitly stated that he was a boss, Ridley should be put in the Graveyard if Toad's in there. There was no explicit confirmation that there is no playable Toad (Blue, probably), but he was put into the graveyard regardless do to his severely wounded chances. We should be consistent in this.
I know, but...

I wanted to rub it into Shokio's face so hard. And now they're going to get all up & mighty about it. They can't win.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't think it's time to write Mewtwo's obituary just yet.
Indeed.

There was going to be a new generation representative for Pokémon anyway, the question just was if Pokémon Trainer or Jigglypuff would be axed, and we just got our answer with Charizard's reveal.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I know, but...

I wanted to rub it into Shokio's face so hard. And now they're going to get all up & mighty about it. They can't win.
Be professional. You are the owner of this thread and should not let bias influence your decision on what does and does not go into the graveyard.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Be professional. You are the owner of this thread and should not let bias influence your decision on what does and does not go into the graveyard.
I concur; Toad should be removed.
The list should be kept to only completely unambiguous disconfirmations.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Can someone make me a list with all the disconfirmed characters? please? XD
Pong Paddles
Midna
Saki
Dark Samus
Samurai Goroh
Zoroark
Meloetta
Victini
MetaGross
Devil
Knuckle Joe
Meowth
Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur(alluded)
Ridley(alluded)
Chandelure
Kremlings(sans K.Rool)
Lyn
Fennekin
Eevee
All other forms of Megaman
Elec Man

ones off the top of my head.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Quoting myself from the other thread:
Also, here's another thing of interest about Ridley.

Anyone else find that wing to be a little... Not purple? There's probably a good reason Sakurai has yet to show us Ridley directly. I want to pull the Robo Ridley card (not Meta Ridley, his wings are yellow), but he doesn't even have wings.

Still, it provokes thought. Sakurai doesn't seem above the idea of including different incarnations of a character on the battlefield, as seen with Samus and ZSS as their own characters while Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy.

Is Ridley deconfirmed, or is a Ridley deconfirmed?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I know. I'm just a bit butt-sore, that's all. It was a pretty good Direct.

I'll add them as time goes on.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer 100% deconfirmed with Sakurai taking out transformations and focusing on character's being alone. Ridley, we can't tell yet.

Don't know about Ivysaur and Squirtle though. They could be stand alone characters as well, but I doubt it. Charizard is a lot more popular, and there might be too many Pokemon reps since I'm confident Jigglypuff is in.

That's our first non-returning veteran huh?

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
@ APC99 APC99 Would you have put Toon Link in the graveyard had you made this thread before his reveal?
Nope. I would have stated Conductor Link, much like it is now. Besides, I got a lot of backlash for putting Sheik in for a few minutes, my main reason is trying not to jump to conclusions. And in Toad's case, Toad has been shown multiple times as Peach's move again, so it looks as if he's not going to be playable. In the meantime, I need to go tweak my roster. A lot.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pong Paddles
Midna
Saki
Dark Samus
Samurai Goroh
Zoroark
Meloetta
Victini
MetaGross
Devil
Knuckle Joe
Meowth
Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur(alluded)
Ridley(alluded)
Chandelure
Kremlings(sans K.Rool)
Lyn
Fennekin
Eevee
All other forms of Megaman
Elec Man

ones off the top of my head.
Darn I wanted playable pong paddles!

Others: Tom Nook, Arceus

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nope. I would have stated Conductor Link, much like it is now. Besides, I got a lot of backlash for putting Sheik in for a few minutes, my main reason is trying not to jump to conclusions.
That's good then, that's all I wanted to know.

mr.boombastic

Smash Rookie
pretty much pokemon trainer, squirtle, ivysuar and, zoroark are dead and buried. also, I don't think they would wait this long just to announce jigglypuff as the last pokemon.

to be honest if mewtwo and ridley aren't shown by E3 it might be time to start digging graves.

speaking of graves, i am off to cry and lay down the flowers on zoroark's grave.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'm sorry, but ridley deserves to be in the dead section, he has way too much evidence pointing against him. If he does get revealed down the line, that's cool, but for now he's kind of dead. on the plus side, if he comes back, we can call him Jesus or whatever.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I don't recommend mentioning any other Pokemon from the Charizard/Greninja trailer.
Once again; too ambiguous.

Perhaps a separate section could be made for those characters teetering on the precipice?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow...... unbelievable!!!! So many deconfirmations in one day. So many people must be bleeding from their butts right now. :teeth:

Let's see... the big ones.... Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Midna, Dark Samus, Meowth (I will always love you), Eevee, Deoxys, Victini, Mii (please let it mean that the Wandering Heroes are in :awesome:), Tom Nook (sorry BluePikmin :crazy:), and especially Ridley... we might need to lease that Ridley Memorial now. :troll:

Honorable mentions go to Devil, Knuckle Joe, Dr. Wright, Elec Man and all the other Pokemon that I don't want to list.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure just because a Mii is on a stage it doesn't count them as deconfirmed because they always act as playable characters and background characters at the same time. Besides it just the King Mii we've seen other Mii's along side him.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm sorry, but ridley deserves to be in the dead section, he has way too much evidence pointing against him. If he does get revealed down the line, that's cool, but for now he's kind of dead. on the plus side, if he comes back, we can call him Jesus or whatever.
InB4RaptorJesus

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wow...... unbelievable!!!! So many deconfirmations in one day. So many people must be bleeding from their butts right now. :teeth:

Let's see... the big ones.... Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Midna, Dark Samus, Meowth (I will always love you), Eevee, Deoxys, Victini, Mii (please let it mean that the Wandering Heroes are in :awesome:), Tom Nook (sorry BluePikmin :crazy:), and especially Ridley... we might need to lease that Ridley Memorial now. :troll:

Honorable mentions go to Devil, Knuckle Joe, Dr. Wright, Elec Man and all the other Pokemon that I don't want to list.
****ing stinks. :(

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm pretty sure just because a Mii is on a stage it doesn't count them as deconfirmed because they always act as playable characters and background characters at the same time. Besides it just the King Mii we've seen other Mii's along side him.
They need to put the Wandering Heroes in Smash instead. :awesome:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer 100% deconfirmed with Sakurai taking out transformations and focusing on character's being alone. Ridley, we can't tell yet.

Don't know about Ivysaur and Squirtle though. They could be stand alone characters as well, but I doubt it. Charizard is a lot more popular, and there might be too many Pokemon reps since I'm confident Jigglypuff is in.

That's our first non-returning veteran huh?
Brawl had 6 pokemon reps, (if we're counting pokemon trainer as 3 characters) and currently we have 4 pokemon. There's still room for Jiggs and Mewtwo. With the inclusion of Greninja, I doubt we'll get another completely new pokemon though...but anything is possible though.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
sakurai wouldn't reveal any pokemon in a cinematic trailer (beides pika/char/gren) that will actually be characters in the game.

All of them are dead

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I saw Kamek in the new 3DS mode so he's deconfirmed as well.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sounds good, Ridley and Mii can chill in purgatory until they have a confirmed fate.
Here's my recommendation:
Graveyard (Outright Deconfirmations Only):
Balloon Fighter (?)
Skull Kid
French Bulldog Nintendog
Starfy
Ashley
Viridi
Waluigi
Isabelle
Cranky Kong (In Jungle Japes)
Samurai Goroh