• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spear Pillar as Brawl past stage deconfirmed.... Pokemon Stadium 2 as Brawl past stage confirmed. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Spear Pillar as Brawl past stage deconfirmed.... Pokemon Stadium 2 as Brawl past stage confirmed. :(
Honestly, I didn't enjoy either of those, so it didn't matter which came back.

It's sort of like with the DK stages. Unless he decides to bring back Kongo Jungle for some reason, I'm stuck with Awful and Awfuler. Ugh.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
RIP Palkia

The guardian of space couldn't find a space on the roster.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I suppose Spear Pillar could still be the past stage if Nintendo will be featuring past stages again. They could have the stage devoid of stage hazards.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, um...

Apparently, my parents are still mad at me because I was holding off a certain piece of homework for study hall today, and now I no longer have access to my laptop anymore.

I'll still update the OP (as I shall do right now, I don't go back on promises I made less than 24 hours ago), but I'm not going to be as frequent as before in other areas of Smashboards until I earn my laptop back.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ APC99 APC99 , I heavily recommend removing Balloon Fighter from the graveyard.
I feel that a character is not deconfirmed until shown as a non-fighting character.
Balloon Fighter hasn't been seen yet, so he hasn't technically been deconfirmed.

Just my recommendation as a friend.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@ APC99 APC99 , I heavily recommend removing Balloon Fighter from the graveyard.
I feel that a character is not deconfirmed until shown as a non-fighting character.
Balloon Fighter hasn't been seen yet, so he hasn't technically been deconfirmed.

Just my recommendation as a friend.
By that logic Nintendog needs to be removed because the Golden Retriever isn't deconfirmed yet or Toad because Blue Toad.
Be realistic, the Villager's helmet is an obvious reference and deconfirmation of Balloon fighter.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
By that logic Nintendog needs to be removed because the Golden Retriever isn't deconfirmed yet or Toad because Blue Toad.
Be realistic, the Villager's helmet is an obvious reference and deconfirmation of Balloon fighter.
Then @ APC99 APC99 can change the OP to say "Red Toad" is deconfirmed' and the Nintendog that is a Smash 4 assist is deconfirmed.

He could put these back in the morgue.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm just saying that Balloon Fighter could still happen, and a character site deconfirmed until they are ACTUALLY deconfirmed.
He is in the graveyard for a reason.
You are obviously not the first person who think that.
All the characters in the graveyard are discussed before their fate .

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Balloon Fighter has no chance because Villager took what made him unique.
Balloons.
There is nothing else to the character besides balloons.

D

Deleted member

I think that the Balloon Fighter is done. The way the Villager is animated when he is using those balloons is an obvious reference to Balloon Fight.

Perhaps we should have another poll?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know he is incredibly unlikely, and I don't even want the character, but it just bugs me that he is deconfirmed when he is technically not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No other poll should be necessary. If somehow he's in the game, then we're just wrong. It honestly doesn't matter anyway, and all evidence this far points to him not being playable, or possibly even there.

Everyone should feel free to support whoever still though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No other poll should be necessary. If somehow he's in the game, then we're just wrong. It honestly doesn't matter anyway, and all evidence this far points to him not being playable, or possibly even there.

Everyone should feel free to support whoever still though.
Evidence is the keyword that backs up my point.
As unlikely as Balloon Fighter is, this thread is for characters who are DECONFIRMED, not characters who are unlike by evidence.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes, but for all intents and purposes, most posting here (and elsehwere) do view him as disconfirmed due to Villager's up-b.

While you're technically correct that he could still show up, if you want to get technical, Alfonzo could take Viridi's place as a stage element. :shades:

So I think characters that are placed here should stay as they are.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know he is incredibly unlikely, and I don't even want the character, but it just bugs me that he is deconfirmed when he is technically not.
I actually agree with this sentiment, we should call these characters "potentially de-confirmed" or "de-confirmed by a preponderance of the evidence."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yes, but for all intents and purposes, most posting here (and elsehwere) do view him as disconfirmed due to Villager's up-b.

While you're technically correct that he could still show up, if you want to get technical, Alfonzo could take Viridi's place as a stage element. :shades:

So I think characters that are placed here should stay as they are.
And Alfonzo can also ride on Villager's head and pull him up into the air when Balloon Fighter joins the battle.

I actually agree with this sentiment, we should call these characters "potentially de-confirmed" or "de-confirmed by a preponderance of the evidence."
The most logically thinking and smartest person I know on this site agrees with me.
That's very reassuring that I'm not going insane.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The Balloon Fighter is unlikely but not completely disconfirmed, yes, but has been voted down, and his entry even states this is questionable, but highly likely the disconfirmation of Balloon Fighter.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The most logically thinking and smartest person I know on this site agrees with me.
That's very reassuring that I'm not going insane.
This really doesn't mean much to the Balloon fighter argument as everything in it is totally subjective and I honestly am not interested I knowing more.

However, APC99 has given his piece on the subject, so lets not discuss it any longer.

D

Deleted member

Balloon Fighter is not going to be in the game. Get over, and move on.
Villager completely deconfirms him, if you ask me. Why would Sakurai put two characters in with the same Up-B move?
It wouldn't make sense.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Balloon Fighter is not going to be in the game. Get over, and move on.
Villager completely deconfirms him, if you ask me. Why would Sakurai put two characters in with the same Up-B move?
It wouldn't make sense.
Link and Toon Link both use the Spin Attack. Likewise, Fox and Falco share the same third jump, but Falco's Fire Bird scores multiple weak hits, instead of one strong hit.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I dreamt that Diddy Kong's mother, father, aunt, and uncle made it into the game.

But Captain Falcon didn't.

I think we can safely bury those four kongs.

D

Deleted member

Link and Toon Link both use the Spin Attack. Likewise, Fox and Falco share the same third jump, but Falco's Fire Bird scores multiple weak hits, instead of one strong hit.
I understand that, but it still doesn't make sense to me to have Villiager, and than Balloon Fighter with the exact same looking, functioning move.
If Balloon Fighter were to be a character as well, would he not have his Balloon's at all times? Thus making it even more confusing?

I don't know I just don't see it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dreamt that Diddy Kong's mother, father, aunt, and uncle made it into the game.

But Captain Falcon didn't.

I think we can safely bury those four kongs.
Aww... Donkey Kong deconfirmed. :ohwell:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I understand that, but it still doesn't make sense to me to have Villiager, and than Balloon Fighter with the exact same looking, functioning move.
If Balloon Fighter were to be a character as well, would he not have his Balloon's at all times? Thus making it even more confusing?

I don't know I just don't see it.
This of course raises the Captain Falcon/Ganondorf counterargument.

Now I don't think the balloon fighter/kid will be in either, there was a valid point made that anything could be possible. The most well known example is Marvel vs Capcom 3, where after Taskmaster was released everyone thought it deconfirmed Hawkeye. Next thing you know Ultimate comes out and Hawks is playable and has a whole unique move set.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
don't be so soon to say that

i mean, they've got to have some pokemon past stage, right?

Saffron City or Pokemon Stadium 1 please
Yes... but I am not expecting past stages from Smash 64 nor Melee... :ohwell:

Melee had past stages from Smash 64... then Brawl had past stages from Melee but none from Smash 64... so following that pattern... SSB4 would have past stages from Brawl but none from Brawl, Melee, nor Smash 64.

I hope Sakurai at least adds new stages that are similar to past stages...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mother Brain is now an Assist Trophy character. So I would suggest adding her to the list.

D

Deleted member

When Mother Brain joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of tossing Froot Loops at Samus.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

.....I think this joke is played out.....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When Mother Brain joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of tossing Froot Loops at Samus.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

.....I think this joke is played out.....
Maybe. Maybe not. But Alfonzo would throw the **** out of the Killer Cheerios. You can't deny that. He'd throw them like no other. He's just that much of a hard worker. And that's why we like him.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Maybe. Maybe not. But Alfonzo would throw the **** out of the Killer Cheerios. You can't deny that. He'd throw them like no other. He's just that much of a hard worker. And that's why we like him.
I get the feeling an alfonzo cereal box shop is coming, "Alfonz O's" practically needs to exist at this point.

Guys, Mother Brain was my favorite character. Could we please not put her in the graveyard? Just because she is an AT doesn't mean she can't be playable later. You can't prove that she isn't going to be. Pls guys.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Damn it!

I was pretty convinced Mother Brain was the only shoe-in, too.

Looks like Sakurai's ****ed up the roster again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom