• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Good Side of For Glory

Which have you experienced more in For Glory: The "Good Side" or the "Bad Side"?

• Total voters

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Alright, so most if not all know how For Glory is like most of the time. Sometimes you'll get a Camper, sometimes a Spammer or two (or more) as well. You'll also occasionally get one of "Those" types of players at times...

The ones who like to taunt or tea-bag you. The ones who just seem overly cocky and/or salty and will even go as far as to fling insults at you left and right whether or not they win or lose. Most if not all have experienced a lot of this in For Glory and there are actually some Sm4sh players who are convinced For Glory is just an awful place because of this. I honestly wouldn't blame them though and can understand why they would feel that way because well, sometimes For Glory is ridiculous.

We are all aware of this "Bad Side" inside of For Glory; however not many seem to often talk about their good experiences.

There is always a silver lining if you look hard enough. Although there can be a lot of bad within For Glory there is also a lot of good in it as well. This is the thread to talk about those great experiences within For Glory that you may have shared between another player. Someone who you truly had fun with and enjoyed playing against no matter what happened.

Was it someone who made losing against them enjoyable and worth while? Someone who perhaps got you to laugh and genuinely had a good time with? Someone who you seriously wouldn't mind finding here just so you can thank them personally?

Talk and discuss any wonderful moments you might of had in For Glory that actually made it fun and enjoyable!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need to vent about something that annoys you in For Glory?
Feel free to refer to @Engage 's Thread | "What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)"

Want to talk about your experiences with the "Bad Side" of For Glory?
Feel free to head over to @aethermaster 's Thread | "Have you ever been called names on FG?"

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
Frankly, I don't see the problem in FG, but then again, I'm playing it only on the 3DS version and maybe most of the remaining people are cool and the annoying ones migrated to the Wii U asap. Usually I stay for a few battles, something between 3 or 6, and someone who's really good and even up for good sport appears. The kind of people who like to taunt-greet, which is fine since it's originating from good spirits or who generously SD themselves to make up for stupid mistakes or who actually deploy a wide range of characters which adds a lot of diversity to the battles. And often they stay for many battles. Until then I mostly meet people who are not as good as I am (I don't know how to express this in a less arrogant-sounding way) or who leave after one or two matches. And some of them deploy a mildly annoying aspect, but seldom do I meet someone spamming or excessively taunting. And those hardly give me a hard time. It's a reasonable pace and most of these battles are still entertaining.
Most of my 1v1 FG experiences are positive.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
nobody has ever said anything mean to me on FG, at least I am lucky about that,
Most of the time I find extremely good players and try to beat them. :b:

1FC0

Smash Lord
It depends on your definition of good and bad. I would say that I definitely meet more of the good side but my good includes campers, spammers, and even taunters and teabaggers. I think that for me bad only consists of laggers. Those are the only players that I dread playing against.

Obviously if you mean good or bad in skill then I have met more bad. But you do not mean that so I voted more good.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Pretty much what 1FC0 said.

Spammers, campers, taunters and teabaggers aren't "bad".
Taunting is a harmless part of the game, which only the overly sensitive get offensed about. Heck, in Japan it's actually called "appeal!" as in, appealing to the crowd.
And teabagging is just "meh". Seriously, why should you care?

Spammers and campers are easy to beat simply because of their predictable nature. (honestly, i never had problems with those.)

And yeah, only "bad" side in online FG are laggy connections.
...and man, those are NOT FUN.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
I'v run into some respectable players, like ones where if i SD they SD as well, if i pulled off an epic kill and taunt they taunt too as a good one m8, played pingpong with my DrMario with another mario's fireball and there are ones where i just dance with throughtout the entire match xD

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I had more good experiences than bad ones o/ I agree with @ 1FC0 1FC0 too... there is really nothing that makes me "mad" on FG, except for Laggers. I have lots of "WTF's" from it, but nothing that I really deslike. I get salty sometimes, but it is my fault, not the opponent's. It's a fun mode!

Kung Fu Treachery

Smash Apprentice
I was trying out Roy a few days back on 3DS (Friday morning? Don't remember.) against someone's ZSS. Can't recall their tag. In any case, I must have played this person for an hour straight, and had a really great time. Lost most of those games, but that's alright. They were very sporting, in that they'd SD after I inevitably threw away a stock going for Roy spikes when his recovery is lackluster.

The best part was when, apparently, they'd had enough of beating me or had something else to do. They switched to Zelda, did the wave goodbye taunt several times, then SD'd twice. A whole game, solely consisting of taunts, entirely for the sake of saying goodbye. Definitely my favorite opponent thus far.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I've had a lot of good experiences in For Glory. Most of the time, when the match starts, I wait to see what they do. I usually start with a friendly taunt, unless they actually come at me first thing. I'm fine with losing, since I mostly use For Glory for practice and not really to win, but it annoys me whenever someone beats me due to spam/other stuff I could deal with if I was using one of my mains and not someone I'm using just because.

Now if the match is too laggy, on the other hand, that's when it gets to the point where you can't enjoy the match. Especially when you main characters like Marth and Greninja, where it's very fatal if there's any lag at all (between spacing and specials). I've played a few games where I legitimately didn't care to win or to practice, and those were the best ones I've had yet. This also could just be because I'm on the 3DS version only for now, as most people who are striving to be good use the Wii U version if they have it, and they are probably a lot more serious (or spammy) than most on the 3DS version I've run into this far.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It depends on your definition of good and bad. I would say that I definitely meet more of the good side but my good includes campers, spammers, and even taunters and teabaggers. I think that for me bad only consists of laggers. Those are the only players that I dread playing against.

Obviously if you mean good or bad in skill then I have met more bad. But you do not mean that so I voted more good.
I do not mean skill at all in this thread, but rather the people you meet on For Glory. It's true that everyone has their definition of good and bad as well, but a lot of those things that I've listed are generally considered the bad part of For Glory more or less.

What it boils down to is finding a respectful person whom you really enjoyed playing against. Someone who might of made you laugh, was a really good sport despite being pounded into the ground the whole time, whichever. Good sportsmanship is what I'm going for here I guess you could say, as it is rarely talked about and I haven't really seen a thread about it on here yet.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
i've had good experiences and bad. I get a lot of hate sometimes for playing my main Tink but sometimes i get some "RESPECT" tags and i'll play that person a few more times. I once went for an hour on the 3ds with this guy named Alien it was so much fun i recorded like half of our matches just to relive the glorious hilarity!
Then there are times where i'm not playing at my best or trying out other characters and even though i know i'm not gonna do very well, i just want to have some fun, i usually run into all the douche bags all at once when i play unfamiliar characters and it makes me not want to play the game anymore then sometimes i run into nothing but good sports or exceptional players and i'll either feel inspired to improve or terrible for my lackluster play. Either way i continue playing FG whenever my friends aren't on and until i feel confident enough to hit Ladder.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"Good side" of Glory? Where is this "good side" you speak of? And what do I have to do to my connection to get there?

Passcety

Smash Rookie
I've had the funnest when you fight against someone all serious and suddenly something makes you both stop fighting and mess around instead, then you punch each other lightly and it builds up to smashes and you're at it again

This one dude was super cool where we had one serious match and the rest we'd say random characters and try to up-B each other to death, it lasted like an hour lol

KirbCider

Smash Ace
"Good side" of Glory? Where is this "good side" you speak of? And what do I have to do to my connection to get there?
Its simple: You send the great Nintendo a sacrifice and they'll hook you up to the nicest area of For Glory ever.

On a serious note, I have a few Good FG Experiences to share as well. One being very recent, is that I actually went up against a Captain Falcon player who was legitly respectful and not a cocky little brat. I've had so many terrible experiences with Captain Falcon mains I can't even begin to count them. They're always cocky, rude, and think they're the best at everything. This has led me to dread seeing a Captain Falcon player on For Glory; however, a miracle had been bestowed upon me one day.

The moment I saw that Captain Falcon my first thought was "Oh great, it's Captain Disrespect. What fun." Turns out this guy proved me wrong and shown me Captain Falcon players do have hearts. They totally do, you guys! He always started off with friendly taunts and even occasionally taunted after I KOed him as if he were saying "Nice KO". He'd even change his tags to thing like "Good Games" & "Ur Good" and so on. He actually made it enjoyable to play against a Captain Falcon. He was a pretty good one too.

I really wish there were more Captain Falcon players like that on For Glory. It made me hate him a lot less.

There was also an older experience where I probably played against someone for just about 2 full hours. The matches were always close yet I seemed to win more of them than he did. He always said "Good Game" afterwords, do a taunt greeting, and he was also actually the first player that I ever encountered that would SD if I ended up SDing by mistake or out of stupidity. He even wanted me to add him and I still have him on my friends list today. These are the people who I wish I saw more of on For Glory.

Added Bonus Experience:

There was also a guy who was losing badly to me, but was one hell of a good sport about it.

No words could explain how much I respected him for it. He offered "Good Games", complimented my Tech skills on a few matches, told me I was good, and just... Well, was no where near a sore loser at all. He chose to stay and most importantly, he chose to have fun rather than become salty over losing. I honestly wish I added him, but I hope by some bizarre chance I'll end up seeing him again on For Glory. I couldn't possibly give him anymore respect or praise for being such an amazing sport than I was already giving him.

It's these Good Experiences that make For Glory worth it for me, even if it's typically full of salt at times.

Last edited:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I've had some great For Glory matches.

I played a really respectful and friendly Mewtwo who SD'ed for me once when I'd accidentally ridden a Loid Rocket instead of sending it out (fatal for Villagers recovering away from the ledge). Had a couple more battles with him, we were pretty evenly matched, was fun.

I also played a Kirby player named James, we played Kirby dittos for like a dozen matches, he won 70/30 of the time, he was really good at reading when to get the kill haha. But we had a bunch of fun, really intense battles. Short hop aerials everywhere.

And there was a Rosalina and Luma player who I'd fought for a bit and then we both tried to dash toward each other and ended up missing and jabbing, both facing away, and we stopped and turned around, paused, then she did Rosa's crazy hilarious back crawl and I dancetaunted. Good times.

Last edited:

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
I fought this really good Mario. I won, but barely, and we were at something like the 30 second mark when it ended. At the CSS, we gave each other a bit of praise.

Shame my dinner just finished, I would have loved to play against him some more.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Probably one of the most positive FG experiences I've ever had was in 2v2's. I'm normally a 1v1 kind of person, but occasionally I'll go to teams because it feels less frustrating when you lose. In any case, I happened into a group off three other players who had already been going, and for the most part things were average. In particular though, one of these players seemed... unique. Playing a relatively under-represented character (though I can't for the life of me remember which one), this person was a bit better than the other two, and always very respectful and fun. We got partnered a number of times, even as other players came and went, and generally had a good time I even remember commenting to a friend who was there at the time watching how much I enjoyed this player's vibe.

In any case, a match closed out eventually and I noticed that this mysterious individual was taking a long time to move off of the results screen. Worried that they might be considering leaving, I rushed into the next match in hopes of them staying for it so I could send them a friend request afterwards. Sadly, they did not, and I was disappointed to have missed my opportunity. I didn't stay long after that, but reminded now of the existence of friends on the Wii U, I decided to check to see if I had any requests. And that's when I saw it.

This person, who I had been having such a good time playing with, who had been such good and friendly competition, had sent me a request a few minutes ago. A total stranger whom I had never spoken with, never even had direct tag chat with, had apparently felt the same vibe I did, and had taken the time to send me a request before leaving for the evening. Needless to say I accepted, and it made my evening.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For Glory is perfectly fine for me, the issue is not with the mode, but with the many disrespectful people playing it. If there's one thing I would change about For Glory is Omega/Final Destination Mode to Omega/Battlefield Mode, so people would shut up about For Glory sucking for having "only one stage".

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
My favorite ever is when I am playing 2v2 FG matches, and my teammate is the most awesome guy. Not as in skilled and wrecks the enemy team, but as in they have that synergy with me and we seem to be thinking the same thing.

Exhibit A: I was playing little mac and my teammate was mega man. I was bullied off the stage and had no hopes of recovering, so my teammate mega man used his up-B right at the ledge I was under, and Rush fell down. I was able to jump on Rush and make it back.

Exhibit B: There was a time when I was playing Ganondorf and my teammate was Falcon, and the game went to sudden death. We both thought the exact same thing, and used our down-Bs immediately, and simultaneously destroyed both opponents in style!

Exhibit C: While I was playing King Dedede with a Marth, the Marth would use his neutral B to break people's shields, then he knew that I had the most powerful punish with my down-B, so he left the dazed victim to me while he kept the other guy at bay.

There are more, but these highlights are extremely memorable because these guys all had a way to play the game that would benefit them more, but they chose to take a risk and increase the fun factor for everyone involved. I would say that even the enemy team would have to laugh at these situations. Nothing is more fun than synergizing so well with a random person

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Eh, pretty much everyone I meet on For Glory are some cocky douches that taunts after every kills, going for mad disrespect and ends the matches with an insult on their gametag

Last edited:

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
wait how can people say mean things to someone in for glory? does the wii u version have like a chat or something? I only play the 3ds version

KirbCider

Smash Ace
wait how can people say mean things to someone in for glory? does the wii u version have like a chat or something? I only play the 3ds version
The Wii U has Gamer Tags in which someone can change that shows up on screen. It's limit is 10 characters/letters I believe but that doesn't stop people from insulting you. Anyways, they can cycle through them whenever they wish on the Character select screen, thus throwing insults and the like. Gets pretty annoying actually. I wonder why they did this for the Wii U and not 3DS.

Sounds like the Wii U should be like the 3DS so all the insults and salt on For Glory can finally stop.

EDIT: Please refer to this post here to see what it looks like as someone posted pics of how it looks like on the Wii U.

Last edited:

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
The Wii U has Gamer Tags in which someone can change that shows up on screen. It's limit is 10 characters/letters I believe but that doesn't stop people from insulting you. Anyways, they can cycle through them whenever they wish on the Character select screen, thus throwing insults and the like. Gets pretty annoying actually. I wonder why they did this for the Wii U and not 3DS.

Sounds like the Wii U should be like the 3DS so all the insults and salt on For Glory can finally stop.

EDIT: Please refer to this post here to see what it looks like as someone posted pics of how it looks like on the Wii U.
Did Nintendo think all the salty scrubs would be on the 3DS version, and therefore not include gametages? Of course, I don't have a Wii U, so I don't know the worst part of it.

Seriously though, does Nintendo not punish people for online behaviour like that? Do people just not report? Or are there people abusing the report system, and therefore Nintendo can't keep up with who actually needs punishment?

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Did Nintendo think all the salty scrubs would be on the 3DS version, and therefore not include gametages? Of course, I don't have a Wii U, so I don't know the worst part of it.

Seriously though, does Nintendo not punish people for online behaviour like that? Do people just not report? Or are there people abusing the report system, and therefore Nintendo can't keep up with who actually needs punishment?
You can't report players on the character select screen, so it is common for the players who do that to leave before the next match starts in order to bypass the system. It's unfortunate that they can do that, but what can you do?

Now if they decide to stay and play one more game, then we can.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
On the topic of Captain Falcon being mostly played by pricks... I, too, once met a Cap'n Respect. Guy would always change his tag to "Good Game :)" and "Fun times".

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I mostly find bad players, honestly. 90% of my matches are either against VERY bad players who for example spam Smash Attacks, players who camp, players who rolls around the stage the whole match, or players who write things like "Lol noob" in the name tag before leaving. Only a few times do I actually meet people who actually are decent or very good, or just generally fun and nice people who says GG and taunt at the beginning of the match.

カワシさん

On the topic of Captain Falcon being mostly played by pricks... I, too, once met a Cap'n Respect. Guy would always change his tag to "Good Game :)" and "Fun times".
Me too. I've met only a few Falcon players who were nice and respectful. Other than that, most I've seen were rude.

On the subject of the 3DS, I have met a player who,really had the salt. I was using Dr. Mario against a Donkey Kong. He tries to attack me using his recovery in the air, and went slightly over the edge. When he was trying to go back to the ledge, I caped him and he died. Then he proceded to kill himself on the second stock. So yes, there are ways to spread the salt on the 3DS.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Many of my fun For Glory experiences come from the 2v2 side. In the case of 1v1, it's not a case of getting outright bad experiences. In fact most of the time I get more 'neutral' experiences than anything. Player comes in, fights for a few rounds, leaves. Another player comes in, fights for a few rounds then leaves again. These players kind of don't change their tags period, not even to say GG or haha/lol at funny moments or whatever. So it's like this weird awkward tension whenever I put GG and don't get a response back for several rounds and it's like I'm just waiting for them to put up an insulting tag or something, but then they just leave so it's like. 'Oh... okay.'

I have come across those players who are genuinely fun to play, chatty in the tags, have great battles and dittos despite the matchup but it feels so far in between from people who leave like after one round or fighting the same hordes of characters over and over.

This is why I love 2v2. You run into more variety in the roster and I just like the overall atmosphere. Especially when you get that group of players who just stay in the same room for several rounds and you're all at the same level of skill and challenge and you don't care who you get paired up with.

And like what was stated above, it's really great when you get those teammates who just naturally sync up with you so well. Sometimes you get those teammates who are like, 'Okay I'm fighting this guy and you fighting that guy. You cool. Okay? Bye! Wait you getting bodied over there huh! No problem you'll make a comeback!' I like teammates who rush to protect you when your shield breaks or when you're in a grab about to be comboed and your teammate jumps in to hit the opponent. Or when they see you fly across the stage and the opponent is just waiting at the edge, all calm and cool, just chilling and waiting to kill you, your teammate runs up and hits them lol.

Though sometimes signs fly right over our head. Like I remember one time with this Ganondorf who was my partner, he had grabbed Shulk and was waiting for me, as Roy, to kill him off. But I didn't get that's what he was doing at first, I was waiting for him to do some combo or whatever. So we just stood there for like three seconds, before I'm like, 'Oh!' Shulk breaks out of the grab but me and Ganondorf both used our side smashes at the same time (when I finally realized he wanted me to hit him lol). Just that natural team dynamic has led to many great moments in 2v2. Most of my saved replays are mainly from 2v2 cause a lot of crazy/hilarious things happens. Not to mention I also like having a teammate to suffer spammers and campers with me haha.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Mayne, today I left my 3DS on and went to the bathroom for a piss (because I had to take a piss). When I returned, I saw that a Roy player killed by first Kirby stock and was trying to finish the fight. So disrespectful, you gotta wait for God Kirby to move.

So I hammered him. Bloaw. Easy. Triple taunted all over the stage. Dancing like John Travolta. Humping everything. Bag that tea for me young boy. Don't be scared. Inhale. You a star stuck under the stage now. No problem. Why do you even try to up+special? It's okay bruah. Don't feel bad. I'll give you a chance to revenge yourself.

Here, listen to 50 good bye songs from Jigglypuff.

It was a beautiful day.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I am trying to be the one thats on the good side of FG there I example SD if the opponent accentantly SD when its not on purpose, together that when they kill me in a really awesome combo/attack I usually taunt when I respawn

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Disregard my previous post. I just fought a defensive Captain Falcon. What's wrong with those people?

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I mostly play on 3ds so things then to go neutral, but whenever I got into for glory from a friend's WiiU I have gotten equal amounts of peeps who says things like "ur Good!" and others who say things like "Got Lucky" "U suk"

A lot of fun comes from the teams and smash modes imo, lots of people that goof around or do silly things in smash mode and lots of peeps that just really enjoy team battles on the other side.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Haven't dealt with mean players, but I try to say "GG" when someone played decently, win or lose.
I mean, when they say it after every match, I feel kind of obligated to say it back because I don't want to come off as pompous. After a while, it just loses it's meaning to me.

Escappy

Smash Rookie
I don't really have too many "super good" experiences on 1v1 For Glory, but I played against someone yesterday for a really long time - probably the most fun I had on it in a while. The specific match I remember is when I guess they were trying to ditto me because we had been playing for a while and they went Zelda but I had gone Jigglypuff. On our final stock I was just super determined to land a Rest. Like, ridiculously determined. At the end I managed to pull off Sing, but as I tried to use Rest I still managed to miss. Then they woke up and then just ran off the stage a SD'd.

I assumed they were just fed-up/annoyed because I kept trying to hit Rest (which I wouldn't blame them if they were), but I was pleasantly surprised when they changed their tag to "LMAO" --> "SHOULDAHIT" --> "GG"

Easily the nicest guy I've ran into on For Glory ever.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I meet a lot of courteous folks on For Glory, actually. Folks who, at the least, will exchange friendly "GG" messages. Folks who have a laugh over silly shenanigans and deaths. Folks of varying skill levels who also just want to have fun. A few names I recognize from Youtube and the like, like Spines Alien or a courteous fellow who may or may not have been the actual Kirbopher of Brawl Taunts fame. Sure, there's the salty sore losers, but those are forgettable - I have a laugh at them, goad them a little to make them even saltier, and leave to find a worthier opponent. I don't hold the bad players' skill levels against them - what matters much more to me is their conduct. If someone can take a thrashing and continuously lose to me, but still be a good sport about it, then they're someone I can really respect.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I have to give a shout out to my run on FG 1v1 today after what feels like a long while, I actually fought a variety of players today! My first match was against a Dark Pit that I literally stood in awe for a few seconds haha. Then I had battles with a Peach, Fox (I always get a herd of Falcos), Ike, Robin, Palutena and Pikachu! I didn't run into a single Ness or Link. Captain Falcon is unavoidable.

And I stayed several battles with all of them since everyone was playing to the best of their ability and using their whole arsenal of moves instead of standing at the edge camping or spamming and stuff. Which people can play as they want, but it sure as heck is boring to fight against. So no one felt flow chart-y and it was fun fighting against different characters for once.

And then I found a gem. A player that was so freaking fun. He started off the battle as an Ike (since I was Ike last round I had switched to Roy for this one). I was a bit fearful at first, wondering if this would be a good Ike to fight against or would I just be in for two minutes of smashes. Once that Ike got me with the Eruption edge guard I was sold!

I even complimented him at the CSS with, 'NICE IKE'. By then he had already pressed ready so I was hoping that he was still Ike and hadn't switched after one round (I find a lot of Ikes do that so I get disappointed). He stayed as Ike so I was so hyped! And he started the battle with a greet taunt. I went in with Roy again, since I didn't want to switch to Ike right away just because I also mained him lol, I still wanted to get a good feel for his Ike.

On the third round he had switched to Roy and we had a fun ditto there. And then he switched to Ike again (me as Roy still). That's when I decided that I'd finally bring my Ike out (and put some tags indicating the switch). Anyways when we went in he was Marth haha. I get a 'Nice' from him after that battle haha. But after that battle, finally he picked Ike. Fun times. Then he indicated that there would be one more battle left and I'm like, yeah one more final Ike ditto! But he was Captain Falcon lol. Did I mention he's unavoidable?

But yeah it was still a good run of fights.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I met this pretty awesome guy on For Glory yesterday, really lifted up my spirits after I've been having such a strenuous week so far. First match I played Ness and won, and to my surprise he changed his tag to "GR8 NESS!". It legit warmed my heart, especially since I feel like I've been flubbing with Ness and Lucas in this game compared to earlier. So I shot him a "THANKS" his way, so on next match he chose DK, and I was Dedede.

I beat him rather narrowly, his DK was awesome. He knew how to cover most of my options and was so good when it came to moving around the stage, at the beginning of the match we even did a taunt greeting where I crouched and he walked next to me and did DK's down taunt. We complimented each other and I told him "GG!" after most of our fights, and he changed his name tag to "ADD ME" after nearly two hours of matches. We did a bunch of silly crap: DK dittos, Kirby/Puff crouch contests, Dark Toon Link/Dark Link dittos etc. So, I added him to my friends list and I wouldn't mind having him as a sparring partner of sorts. There needs to be more people like this on For Glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I met this pretty awesome guy on For Glory yesterday, really lifted up my spirits after I've been having such a strenuous week so far. First match I played Ness, and to my surprise he changed his game to "GR8 NESS!". It legit warmed my heart, especially since I feel like I've been flubbing with Ness and Lucas in this game compared to earlier. So I shot him a "THANKS" his way, so on next match he chose DK, and I was Dedede.

I beat him rather narrowly, his DK was awesome. He knew how to cover most of my options and was so good when it came to moving around the stage, at the beginning of the match we even did a taunt greeting where I crouched and he walked next to me and did DK's down taunt. We complimented each other and I told him "GG!" after most of our fights, and he changed his name tag to "ADD ME" after nearly two hours of matches. We did a bunch of silly crap: DK dittos, Kirby/Puff crouch contests, Dark Toon Link/Dark Link dittos etc. So, I added him to my friends list and I wouldn't mind having him as a sparring partner of sorts. There needs to be more people like this on For Glory.
The same thing happened to me with a couple of people. I was bored in FG once so I went ganon( I don't main him) to my suprise my opponent also went ganon and I set up a techchase situation and rekd him. He actually complemented me on my techchase and we went dong dittos later on.( his DK was better than my DK.
Another example is when I met a person who was a Lucas and I played him with my main shulk. I beat him, and he said that I was good. So we played random dittos and he decided to friend Me. The problem was that he didn't know how to add me from the results screen. So for two hours I was trying to tell him how to go to the menu and add me! Lmao
I frequently meet these sorts of players, and sometimes I meet the spammers, but 90% of the folks I meet are pretty nice and friendly.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I met this pretty awesome guy on For Glory yesterday, really lifted up my spirits after I've been having such a strenuous week so far. First match I played Ness and won, and to my surprise he changed his tag to "GR8 NESS!". It legit warmed my heart, especially since I feel like I've been flubbing with Ness and Lucas in this game compared to earlier. So I shot him a "THANKS" his way, so on next match he chose DK, and I was Dedede.

I have met a couple of people like that on For-Glory. I know that there are much bad as they're is good out there, but it is something to consider, yeah.

As a matter of fact, the other day I fought against someone who was playing quite on par with me as Dr. Mario/Pac-Man and Fox. It was a fun experience and it really made me have hope on the community that there ARE good-mannered and overall good-sports about the game online.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have had some good and bad sides of For Glory. Can't say which of the two I had more experience with. On the bad side, I had some campers, spammers, taunters, teabaggers and, most of all, laggers. Only had a few of "those" players with the most recent one being a Rosalina user whom I've beaten three in a row with my Rosalina. Now on the good side, I've had a lot of respectable players who would change their tags like "GG", "Nice one", etc., taunting as a way of saying "hello", someone who doesn't taunt nor teabag at all like I don't and...well...overall just having a good time just like I always do.

Top Bottom