• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Good Side of For Glory

Which have you experienced more in For Glory: The "Good Side" or the "Bad Side"?

• Total voters

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
i typically run into relatively nice players, but even if not it doesn't bother me. My worst experience was a guy who played a good Marth and was absolutely pissed he didn't beat my Lucina/Zelda. it was just juvenile but he seemed pompous and felt he should have won at least once. His last words were (WTF) (Bruh) (Tryhard) Typically when i play i relish the chance to play someone who consistently beats me and tend to have more fun that way. My FG experience has been mostly positive with a few bad eggs and the on occasion lagger.

Last edited:

ShadeShock

Smash Rookie
Did a Falco vs Fox kind of thing, first match I beat him with a mid air laser and Falco phantasm meteor him. He changes his tag to "DAMN" and then we played for hours, I wished friended him, I had dinner and I never got around to do it. I regret everyday of that mistake

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I fought a guy named Roy way back when. I was working on my Ganondorf at the time, so I decided to stick with him for the entire set, even though I was getting beaten every time.

Some three or four matches on, I changed my tag to "WOWISUCK!" and ">w<;;" just to demonstrate that I wasn't salty about it and I quite enjoyed the experience; he changed his tag to "KEEPTRYING! :)"

Eventually he said he had to go - before he signed off, we entered the next match, both taunted and then Roy SD'd twice. He then changed his tag to "YOUWON! :)"

I swooned~

I think that was my best experience on For Glory, but a close second is the time I played Pit dittos with a guy who was quite happy to join me in taunting and doing silly tricks every time we played, to the extent that we didn't even get to fight!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Wow. That sounds like the nicest guy enough to do that. Props to the guy for that.

Anyway, when you fight against a semi-clone like Fox and Falco, Roy and Marth/Lucina, Mario and Dr.Mario, etc.

The matches can get heated up so much that it looks to be some DBZ stuff at times. And especially when the guy/girl is cool about it. Had that quite a few times. :)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It's a bit rare for me unfortunately but people who change their tags to GG after a match are commendable.

Taunting after an SD or after a good play by either of us is also a sign that they're a generally friendly player.

GreekSquad

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmethystCG
I have a Scrouge Mcduck kinda story. So I was playing on for glory, and I happen to come across this individual named red. Now red wasn't very good. I would always destroy him each game. I would spam tags like USUCK or GITGUD. After about the fifth game I was about to do it again, but across his tag it read "Ur Good"... What? You're honestly going to compliment me after I've insulted you so much? So I went easy on him. I let him win. Then he put up 2 tags, "ULETMEWIN" and (these were over two tags, and one game but conveyed one message) "WannaBe" "Friends?" I had to eat dinner after that, but once I booted up my Wii U again the home button on my gamepad flashed blue. I checked my messages and I saw what was a friend request from Red. That gave me a feeling that I've never felt before. So you know what I did? I sent him a message, reading "You're amazing" and gladly accepted his request. From that day forward I never insulted anybody on For Glory again.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ That is just to sweet that someone can get diabetus from that.

Anyway, yeah, when someone compliments you and asks if they can add you is pretty nice at times. :kirby:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
I've seen more good people from For Glory. In fact I saw a fellow WFT main who is on Smashboards!(I don't think he knows I'm here >u<)Also there was this one guy who had an amazing Mario and Kirby. I griped since those are some bad MUs of mine but we said GG to each other and he moved onto his Link which he was pretty good. I honestly don't know how people have that many characters they're great with. It's pretty cool to see that. He dittoed my WFT which needless to say he lost. Which I hope for him to give me criticism on my Kirby as I give some to his Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
When it comes to the good side, I've met people that change tags to "GG" and "UR GOOD". There have also been people that were willing to SD whenever I SD'd, though I'd rather they don't do that and there's been people that recognize my SD and hold down crouch(not teabagging), which I assume means something along the lines of that they know my SD was very unfortunate.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I do that from time to time. I crouch everytime that the other player SD's him/her/self to show that it was an accident or mistake. I appreciate when people do that as a sign of 'condolence' or something.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Decided to hop into For Glory for the first time in weeks the other day.

First person I meet is the same guy that bodied me in the last tournament I went to, whom I'd only met since on Smashboards.

He still bodied me, but it was good fun.

Serendipity, eh? :3

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
You meet all kinds of people on For Glory, but never would you think to meet the same person from another time...

Small world, indeed.

:bowser:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Here is one I had recently the night before last at around 2 or 3 in the morning when I just couldn't get to sleep for some reason:

I had a few matches with several others before this guy had entered, some were good and some were rather annoying (had one where a Lucario did nothing but dodge and grab, dodge and grab). Well, this guy made my okay-ish night within For Glory into a great night.

The first match I had with him was me as Pac-Man Vs him as Villager. Needless to say I took the guys first stock with only 14% damage. As soon as he re-spawns he taunts as if to say "That was nice!" to which I responded back with a taunt of my own. Anyways this guy made a nice comeback like he had already adjusted to my Pac-Man, managed to take a stock off me, and get me to around 60% damage before his second stock got taken away. Soon as we get back to the CSS he gave me two or three quick compliments.

I stayed as Pac-Man for 2 or 3 more matches, all which I won against him (some were harder than others) and he threw out these Tags:

"Dude" "U R Best" "PACMAN" and cycled through them a few times to make sure I read them before starting another match I'm assuming.

He stayed for a few more matches afterwords and even tried to play as Pac-Man himself. I am not sure if he was a Pac-Main too or if he wanted to try him out after seeing me play as him, but I didn't mind either way. This guy ended up losing every match he played with me and gave me compliments each and every time. I was actually very saddened when he had finally left and regrettably I did not add him.

This guy was seriously the best and was just an insanely respectful Player. It's nice seeing people like this on For Glory.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Damn. That sounds reallly nice. Sad that some of us encounter as of late only FG Links, Counter-WIELDING Pranks, Captain Jerks and Zeruda Nancies. :facepalm:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly, every time I find a player that begins by taunting and refuses to move until I've finished taunting too, I know it's going to be a good match.

Even better if it's dual Pit "C'MON!" or Palutena "Ready when you are!"

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ Honestly, I do that from time to time. Glad I'm not only one doing so. That's a good indication that a match is friendly. :)

Also, to add, good things of FG. Like I said in the 'names you got called in FG's' thread, someone (seemed like a girl by the name of "Kawaii Cat") praise me after a couple of matches. which although nothing to bat an eye were still alright, in between those this person went quiet for a little bit, and then just flat out wrote on the name quote thingie of the selection screen and I quote, 'wannabbf?'...

Not sure if trolling or real, but I found that amusing. Not everyday you'll find someone asking you that kind of things in FG, I must say. :gova:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
^ Honestly, I do that from time to time. Glad I'm not only one doing so. That's a good indication that a match is friendly. :)

Also, to add, good things of FG. Like I said in the 'names you got called in FG's' thread, someone (seemed like a girl by the name of "Kawaii Cat") praise me after a couple of matches. which although nothing to bat an eye were still alright, in between those this person went quiet for a little bit, and then just flat out wrote on the name quote thingie of the selection screen and I quote, 'wannabbf?'...

Not sure if trolling or real, but I found that amusing. Not everyday you'll find someone asking you that kind of things in FG, I must say. :gova:

Funny thing, I fought a pretty mediocre Captain Falcon before that kept beating me and changing his tag to the usual kinda shenanigans.

Then, just before leaving, he changed his tag to "ILOVEYOU:)".

The wonders of having a female Mii~ ;3

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Just had a few matches with some of the chilliest guys in 2v2 with my friend. (Had the tags Roxas and Sora from the KH series so that was a bonus).

They were SUPER friendly and kind saying "nice" ":D" "GG!" and "LOL" through their tags after each game. Every match all of us would taunt before fighting so everyone was genuinely playing for fun and having a good time.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Funny thing, I fought a pretty mediocre Captain Falcon before that kept beating me and changing his tag to the usual kinda shenanigans.

Then, just before leaving, he changed his tag to "ILOVEYOU:)".

The wonders of having a female Mii~ ;3
As soon as someone sees a female mii, a strange sensation enters the mind, leading to believe feelings and stuff. Kind of like those anime situation where once you overcome the opposite sex in anything, then those become infatuated. :yeahboi:

Anyway, that sounds rather amusing whatever the case.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yall who meet cool people online and forget to friend them, remember you can go to the list of people you've played with and find them again, to send them a request :3

Also, I actually have had many good experiences in FG.

I feel that, like the actual world, there will be toxic people, but its up to each and every one of us to bring happiness and fun into this game :3

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I had two dittos in the same day: one with Ganondorf and one with Greninja. Both players were pretty good and some crazy shenanigans ensued from both sides, such as synchronizing up smashes and pulling off disrepecttful stunts. All in good fun!

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Ya know, For Glory can sometimes be filled with mixed emotions. It's funny how the script suddenly flipped from salt to friendship...

I decided to practice my Pac-Man today in 1V1 For Glory, where I met a player who I first thought was one of those disrespectful players that want to make you furious. He won the first three matches but the most notable one was when he was playing as Captain Falcon. He taunt spammed "SHOW YA MOVES!" as often as he could and it was obvious I was out-matched by him as well.

He wiggled in some taunts in the previous matches too whenever he could, but this one made me the most furious.

He even did some Tea-Bagging too. The next match we played I got more serious and chose King Dedede, while he chose Little Mac. Within the first 20 seconds I managed to break his shield, taunt, charge up my Side Smash to KO him, then taunted again to give him some of his own medicine. In the end the roles got reversed and he still ended up winning with a pretty good combo to KO Punch. Hey, I guess it serves me right for trying to bring the disrespect myself, huh? I lost yet I had to admit that was pretty beautiful.

At the CSS I put up the Tag "Wow! XD" followed by "GG!" and what do you know, he said "GG" back.

It was after that point things became much more enjoyable. I began to win 50% of the matches afterwards and every time either of us KO'ed each other we would taunt almost in unison. He even started to do Taunt Greetings as well in some matches, not to mention he put up "GG" after each match too. Best part? At some point he even put up the tag "ADD ME" which I did during our matches.

Turns out he wasn't as bad as I thought.

It goes to show you that sometimes, even if the other side is being the type of person you hate a little respect can go quite a long way.

Last edited:

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
I've experienced them quite a number of times that FG is now something I rarely ever do anymore. When I do find the good parts(Respectable, beast players who go a number of rounds and end off with "GG"), I stick to them for a bit and try to savor them. Then there's the bad that I run into 70% of the time-horrid players who win one match after I mess around, those with atrocious connections that force me to SD to avoid playing in that BS, people who RQ too frequently, people who call you names just for winning or when you lose one match and the names are offensive as all get out, etc.

Long story short, I don't think I've ever played any online mode in a game that's actively made me want to quit that mode altogether besides Brawl's god-awful online...

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Alright so I go into 2v2 For Glory for the first time, and it was one of the best experiences I've had in For Glory. In the group I was playing with, we kept using a multiple characters, and they were also good players. Most of our matches went to Sudden Death where we have alot of fun trying to kill each other.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I'm usually the one who says nice things to the other person through name tags. I also add people if they're good sports.

Most of my message tags are seductive (it just ended up to be that way :love:) so IDK where I fall on that "bad/good" spectrum.

Friday nights seem to be the worst in For Glory mode. IMO We need to get rid of the tags feature during Friday nights.

Top Bottom