• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Good News" about the Delay

orintemple

Smash Lord
I can only hope that they are delaying it for a good reason like ether adding in more chars. or balancing out some of the chars. moves "for example Ike"
That won't happen. First of all, Ike was already fixed in the JumpFesta demo.

Secondly, the delay was for localization reasons, nothing more, nothing less.

Someone earlier said not to think a small bug will be fixed quickly. That is relative to the programmers, if they find the source of the bug, they can fix it quick, but it may take a LONG time to search through thousands of lines of code to find that a variable is off by 1.

Also, they could technically add a new character in a week if it was already designed and coded and tested, just not yet inserted into the main games code, but that's crazy unlikely.

Sonic Zero X

Smash Apprentice
Courte Mega Man Sucks Zero Man He Can Own Mega Man Why Cause They Have Blasters But Zero Has A Sword And He's Stronger Than Mega Man

martianman

Smash Rookie
lol,he's exactly right I'm 70 percent on Lego star wars complete that i got for Christmas.:laugh:

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Man, why all the hate against this dude? He did have some good points. We get more time to finish games before Brawl gets here, plus we'll have a bunch of info. I won't be seeing any of it, but it's nice for anyone who wants to know. Why must you all be so **** negative??? All he did was suggest what they COULD be doing. I mean, I sure as hell want Mega Man in Brawl, even if it is a false hope. You're all angry little haters
Thanks man. I appreicate that.

As one of my buddies pointed out to me, I was going to get some hate the minute I bashed wavedashing. I still stand by that comment though, it's a glitch. Hence why it's not in the game this time.

I just hope this time around there won't be anything so cheap that is glitchy with the game this time. Though with 1 million people (exaggeration) working on the game, thankfully might not happen.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
*Facepalm* So what if its a glitch? If wall jumping was a glitch would you base people for using it?

starmandeluxe

Smash Rookie
*Facepalm* So what if its a glitch? If wall jumping was a glitch would you base people for using it?
Everyone has the right to their own opinion about it. Besides he's not attacking anyone. I personally wasn't a huge fan of wave dashing and other advanced techniques (they're too "twitchy" for me, but maybe that's cause I rarely play other fighting games), but I did like how it offered a kind of hidden technique in the game to master. If Brawl ends up allowing for the implementation of something similar to separate masters from neophytes, I think that'd be great. ...Even if I'm still not able to master it :laugh: At least I'll have a blast trying!

More on topic, the time of putting in characters is over. That's something that'd need to be finalized much earlier on to avoid holdups in the entire Brawl production pipeline. I agree that the delay is to fix remaining bugs and to allow time for American localization; though I have no idea how the localization process works.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
The whole point of ADV techs is that its another level of depth for the more skilled players, it doesnt affect the casuals because they are casual and wont play at that level, if someone beats them with ADV techs it wont make much of a difference considering they would be beaten anyway.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
Given the 2 Games Per Week Ratio, I'd say we'll see the 200th Virtual Console game on February 3rd, and it might mean that Super Smash Bros. (N64 Edition) might be the 200th game. If that rumor is true, then we might have a month's time to embrace the Classic Controller Style of gameplay before the game comes out in America.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
word. the game is actually finished. as of now for US they are stress testing the servers because NoA knows there will be more online users in the US than in JP

J18

Smash Journeyman
i really don't think they're gonna be changing anything about actual gameplay, at least nothing substantial. i think it has to do with localization and online play getting worked out for us in America.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet

The whole point of ADV techs is that its another level of depth for the more skilled players, it doesnt affect the casuals because they are casual and wont play at that level, if someone beats them with ADV techs it wont make much of a difference considering they would be beaten anyway.
..............that's not the freaking point! He was merely stating his opinion about wavedashing. Hell, it's not even an opinoin, it's fact. Wavedashing is sort of a glitch. So what? He wasn't bashing it.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
"Other possible good news is that they fixed that glitch in the game that allowed for semi-cheating, err I mean wave dashing. None of us want any glitches, and this might be all this is for."

.............................................Actually he was bashing it, unless you cant read that is.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Whats next soon it will be brawl delayed one week, then delayed 2 days. then brawl delayed 12 hours. lol

any ways if they just have made that the realiece date last October, it wouldn't feel so bad.

rove

Smash Apprentice
Man i'm so tired of all the wait. I preordered my copy when I knew it would come out on febuary 14th.
Us americans could have all been smashing since valentines day.
but oh well, i hope they dont change it again or I dont know what i'l do.
I have guitar hero but I already beat that, I play online but it takes so long just to connect to somebody.
And my mom already made a new years resolution not to get me anymore games.
But it's weird thuogh, she doesn't want to pay for anymore games, but if i dont have the balance left to get brawl (which I preordered) she'll give me the money...
Weird..

-rove-

DQP

Smash Ace
it may sound weird, but i would be very happy if they delayed it again. but then again, it's a personal problem, and most of you won't care, so i'll stop complaining.

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
From what I hear (from a friend who works at Gamestop) the reason for the delay was because there weren't enough copies. If they would have shipped on the 12th then many of us wouldn't have been able to actually get the game. (By the way, is this what you guys were talking about when you said it was localization?)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
..............that's not the freaking point! He was merely stating his opinion about wavedashing. Hell, it's not even an opinoin, it's fact. Wavedashing is sort of a glitch. So what? He wasn't bashing it.
Please. You don't even know the definition of the word "glitch". Glitches don't involve skill, or not often. Wavedashing is a result of an unconventional multi-directional air dodging physics. If wavedashing was a glitch, it wouldn't have been in the PAL Version of Melee, just like Sheik's Chain Grab. Wavedash was known, and was left in, and further balanced the game (it upped Luigi become average on the tiers, and lower Link to become average on the tiers, and helped out Ness, Mewtwo, Roy, and other low and bottom tier characters). It was left in on purpose in Melee. You don't even know the definition of the word "glitch", for crying out loud.

Glitch: Falling through the center of Pokémon Stadium

Result of Physics: Wavedashing, L-cancelling [actually, that's probably in there on purpose], Wavelanding.

Wavedashing isn't a glitch, and that is a FACT!

Zeyeth

Smash Cadet
Are you serious? Are you seriously trying to say that wavedashing is a glitch because
it makes you fast and makes your combos better cuz you have no skill
"

Evidently, you don't understand the concept of advanced game play. Seriously man, most people like you only spit that "Wave dashing is 4 t3h suck4g3" because such advanced techniques surpass your mental capacities.

davemg

Smash Rookie
I originally tried to be optimistic because i too thought that other games would sway
me from missing it so much... but the truth is after you beat gh3, galaxy, metroid, spaper mario
and zelda, you just cant stop thinking how god **** awsome brawl will be

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yes it is it makes you fast and makes your combos better cuz you have no skill
I guarentee you I can beat you. It gives you more mindgames, and puts your opponents on the edge. Every big name smasher knows how to use ALL of the big name techs. The fact is, you are not a competitve smasher (nothing wrong with casuals who aren't scrubs like this fool; we're all smash fans! :)). Stop trying to act like a competitve player. I guarentee you, I can beat you, easily. If you were to face me, you'd feel the power of advanced techs in a real meta-game. And I'm not claiming to be a pro, big name player, etc. either! :laugh:

It's just the fact that 99.9% of people who know how to apply and uise wavedashing can beat those who cannot. I don't even know if there is a 0.1%, to be honest! :laugh:

And ya, davemg, I agree. The Wii games all got boring, because I beat them all 100%. So now I'm on Xbox games...on my 360! :laugh: (I'm playing Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic; great game, intresting, and seems very long). Maybe I should have gotten some Virtual Console games! :laugh:

jetfire19

Smash Rookie
Thank you Smash Master JohnKnight1 for defending us n00bs and casual gamers.
We will forever remember you.
I must logout now and go finish my science report.

Top Bottom