• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Golden Guardian of the Formidable Oak: Plasm Wraith for DLC! (Cast your vote today!)

Do you support the Plasm Wraith?

• Yes

Votes: 81 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 34.7%

• Total voters

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that was the other grab option I considered. But, does the Plasm Wraith ever engulf anyone? They had Olimar inside their body, correct?

D

Deleted member

So, I've just finished Pikmin 3, which I've downloaded thanks to the MK8 offer. Exquisite game, just like the other two.

About the Plasm Wraith.

If I want it as playable ? Clearly not.

If I want it as a Boss ? Clearly yes.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hey Plasm Platoon!

Pikmin is currently being voted on in the Smash 4 Speculation Chart thread, so if you want to go vote for Plasm Wraith, I ask you to do so. Make sure to give good reasons for why it should be added to the chart!

Also, I discovered that searching Plasm Wraith on Google brings up this thread on the bottom of the first page or somewhere on the second page, so that's pretty cool. Our influence grows. :laugh:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
It might be a bit late at this stage, but could you add me to the supporter list? I think Plasm Wraith would be the perfect choice for a second Pikmin character. People talk about the other captains, but to be honest I'd rather have a unique character in the Plasm Wraith than someone who'd more than likely be a clone of Olimar.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
It might be a bit late at this stage, but could you add me to the supporter list? I think Plasm Wraith would be the perfect choice for a second Pikmin character. People talk about the other captains, but to be honest I'd rather have a unique character in the Plasm Wraith than someone who'd more than likely be a clone of Olimar.
Thanks for your support! I'll add you to the list.

I agree that Plasm Wraith is the best choice for a Pikmin newcomer. It's a villain and also represents the weird creature side of the Pikmin series.

Also, does anyone have some ideas for stuff to add to the OP? I've been meaning to update it, but I can't think of anything good to add.

Last edited:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for your support! I'll add you to the list.

I agree that Plasm Wraith is the best choice for a Pikmin newcomer. It's a villain and also represents the weird creature side of the Pikmin series.

Also, does anyone have some ideas for stuff to add to the OP? I've been meaning to update it, but I can't think of anything good to add.
Details about possible idle/movement animations maybe? Or potential custom moves? Other than that I think you have everything pretty well covered.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Details about possible idle/movement animations maybe? Or potential custom moves? Other than that I think you have everything pretty well covered.
I can't believe I haven't thought of adding custom moves. I'll get to work on adding that. Idle animations sound good too.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Wow. You seem to be a pretty heavy supporter of the Plasm Wraith. I like that. I agree, that chase was absolutely nerve-wracking.

Welcome to the Plasm Platoon!

Agreed. With all these arguably niche series getting more than one character, I think it's time Pikmin got one. Plus, with most of our newcomers so far being humans, we need some diversity, and the Plasm Wraith offers just that.

Also I was thinking. A lot of the newcomer trailers have used different artstyles. I think a cool thing for the Plasm Wraith trailer(mine anyway), would be to make it a bit like a horror movie. Everything could be in black and white, except for the lights that the characters use. The Plasm Wraith would also be a colored thing. It would certainly express the Wraith's general creepiness. Maybe even do it like an old tape that skips at random parts of the trailer, if that makes sense.
Thanks! One of the things that really made me a fan of the Plasm Wraith is the mystery behind it. You don't know why it likes Olimar so much and neither do the captains. I really hope he appears in future Pikmin games. He's also got a lot of potential for a moveset.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
D-day is nearly upon us. I've got to say, even though this support thread was very small and mostly consisted of 2-3 people, I still had fun. At this point I doubt we'll get any more Pikmin representation in any form, but hey, it ain't over till it's over.

Claire Farron

Smash Rookie
Wow , I'm surprised how thought out of a character you made him, I'd love to see him in. Pikmin definitely needs a second rep. Now it's between Plasm Wraith and Louie controlling the monsters as my most wanted Pikmin rep.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
D-day is nearly upon us. I've got to say, even though this support thread was very small and mostly consisted of 2-3 people, I still had fun. At this point I doubt we'll get any more Pikmin representation in any form, but hey, it ain't over till it's over.
Yep. Thanks for hanging around here, and that goes for everyone else who stuck around. The Plasm Wraith's chances are miniscule at best, but I do feel like more people know what it is as a result of this thread. I'm still pretty ticked about the overall Pikmin representation though. If we don't get a lot more Smash Run enemies, then Pikmin will be criminally underrepresented, especially when compared to Kid Icarus.

But once again, thanks for sticking around. The speculations and discussions were fantastic.

Perhaps if the Plasm Wraith doesn't make it in, I'll try to do some DLC propaganda for it, similar to what the K. Rool thread is doing.
Wow , I'm surprised how thought out of a character you made him, I'd love to see him in. Pikmin definitely needs a second rep. Now it's between Plasm Wraith and Louie controlling the monsters as my most wanted Pikmin rep.
Thanks for your support! Welcome to the Plasm Platoon!

Yup, those are my most-wanted Pikmin characters too. Both of them have so much potential.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
So sad i just now found this thread. I haven't had a chance to play pikmin 3 but I love the series and I love this idea. Only other possible thing i could want is like Claire said is Louie controlling bulborbs and dweevils and the like.

Glooper Blooper reporting for duty

Claire Farron

Smash Rookie
So sad i just now found this thread. I haven't had a chance to play pikmin 3 but I love the series and I love this idea. Only other possible thing i could want is like Claire said is Louie controlling bulborbs and dweevils and the like.

Glooper Blooper reporting for duty
That's exactly what I'd want! Kinda surprised there's no Louie thread! I could see his FS being the Titan Dweevil and his Recovery being the Swooping Snitchbug. Would be so awesome!

@ Headcrab Jackalope Headcrab Jackalope
Yeah, I'm new to smashboards so I'm sorry that I couldn't have been here earlier.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I would've supported this sooner if I didn't join Smashboards recently. I really like this idea. Pikmin 3 is my favorite Wii U game and I've played through it about 3 times. I hated the Formidable Oak, but loved the final boss. I know his chances are very slim, but you never know with Sakurai! And add me to the supporter list!

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
This may actually be one of my favorite new comer ideas now. I am a villain loving guy and I never thought of Plasm Wraith as a possible candidate... Now in my top 3

Plasm platoon for life

Also perhaps a costume that makes him light blue with two orbs inside to resemble a goolix and perhaps a dark version with glowing eyes to look like the Smokey Prog

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
This may actually be one of my favorite new comer ideas now. I am a villain loving guy and I never thought of Plasm Wraith as a possible candidate... Now in my top 3

Plasm platoon for life

Also perhaps a costume that makes him light blue with two orbs inside to resemble a goolix and perhaps a dark version with glowing eyes to look like the Smokey Prog
And one for the water wraith!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Welp Plasm Platoon.

This is it.

We win or lose it all in the next few days.

Of course, we don't exactly have the hope for Plasm Wraith as one of the last slots the same way Ridley/Dixie/Wolf/most other characters' supporters do, but hey, I'll keep believing until the end. If you guys haven't noticed, Alph is now confirmed as an alt costume for Olimar, so I think that slightly raises the Wraith's chances.

I'd just like to offer my thanks to @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , @Amical, @Mega Bidoof, @Swamp Castle, @Sobreviviente, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @Elite Gaymer, @ Haydossy Haydossy , @God Robert's Cousin, @KingofPhantoms47, @ Snagrio Snagrio , @ H Hexaped , @Chandelure, @mini paincakes, @Pacack, @Mega Hawlucha, @Primid, @The Salamander Within, @PlasmWraith, @ Lucimar Lucimar , @TheSeanMan, @ Petrichor Petrichor , @ Claire Farron Claire Farron , @ Gooper Blooper Gooper Blooper , and @ ♦ Neosquid ♦ ♦ Neosquid ♦ . Thank you all for supporting my most-wanted unlikely character. I've had a blast with you guys, and who knows, if Plasm Wraith doesn't make it this time, there's always DLC or Smash 5. Until then, I encourage you all to make the Plasm Wraith a bit more well known.

~Thanks for playing!~

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Of course, we don't exactly have the hope for Plasm Wraith as one of the last slots the same way Ridley/Dixie/Wolf/most other characters' supporters do, but hey, I'll keep believing until the end. If you guys haven't noticed, Alph is now confirmed as an alt costume for Olimar, so I think that slightly raises the Wraith's chances.

~Thanks for playing!~

Really? How? Well, I'm going to be detaching from the internet until I actually get the game, so I won't know for quite a while. But good luck! Let's all cross our fingers!

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
It's over guys.

Plasm Wraith is essentially disconfirmed, unless it's an extremely unlikely timed release.

Thanks for supporting.

I'm still hoping it'll be at least a trophy, lest it remain in the unknown darkness even longer.

Support it for DLC.

Spread the word.

For the Wraith.

Badly photoshopped defeat picture coming soon.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
WE BACK BOYS

PLASM PLATOON IS REBORN

MEWTWO IS OUR SAVIOR

DLC is confirmed yo. Plus, Mewtwo proved that characters that are trophies can become DLC characters.

And as you may have noticed during the Direct:
PlasmTrophy.png

Plasm Wraith is a trophy, with a cool pose to boot.

Mewtwo has rekindled the small chance that it has to become DLC.

PlasmPhoenix.png

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Added a DLC pack concept to the OP, lemme know what you guys think. I'm not entirely sure if the price is right though.

I'm currently working on custom moves and more palette swaps for Plasm Wraith right now, so I'll let you know when those are done.

If Plasm Wraith is announced as DLC, I'm wondering about how it will happen. Maybe alongside a new Pikmin game?

Thoughts?

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's in US dollars, and things are priced differently in Australia, so I don't know about the price but the pack looks cool! I was always under the impresion that you would have bought groups of characters, though, not just single ones....
Also, just a thought, but maybe they could also have a trophy of "Mysterious Lifeform" (him in blob form with olimar possibly being insde) and maybe - this will never happen - one for each of the elemental prisms. I'll sit in the corner until the fanboyishnes goes away. Also, I've got less than 10 fruit left before I complete Pikmin 3! (For the first time) I've been putting it off for a while now (more than a year).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still holding out for the inevitable Pikmin DLC character and the Golden Fury is the best option for now since he isn't a Pikmin captain like the other possible choices.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You can count me in as a supporter, I'd love to play as the wraith. Also, it would seem we have an bit of evidence for our lovable gel/slime/whatever she/he is, although take it with a grain of salt. This is a unused palutena's guidance that has a noticeable similarity to one of the ships messages in pikmin 2. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KivwmAoIq3 (although it kinda helps another character called Magolor, but that's another story)

"What is this?!? I can see it with my optical receptors, but my sensors cannot detect it!"

"Could its physical form be anchored in another dimension? ...Attacking it is futile!"

"If only we could force it to take on physical form... But in its current state... Krzzzt-zrrrk!" Taken from Pikmin wiki
I also made this crappy image, you can use it if you want (albeit it's terrible)

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You can count me in as a supporter, I'd love to play as the wraith. Also, it would seem we have an bit of evidence for our lovable gel/slime/whatever she/he is, although take it with a grain of salt. This is a unused palutena's guidance that has a noticeable similarity to one of the ships messages in pikmin 2. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KivwmAoIq3 (although it kinda helps another character called Magolor, but that's another story)

"What is this?!? I can see it with my optical receptors, but my sensors cannot detect it!"

"Could its physical form be anchored in another dimension? ...Attacking it is futile!"

"If only we could force it to take on physical form... But in its current state... Krzzzt-zrrrk!" Taken from Pikmin wiki
I also made this crappy image, you can use it if you want (albeit it's terrible)
Thanks for your support!

Yeah, I was pretty pumped after hearing the whole "intruder from another dimension" thing. Probably just a generic placeholder for any DLC character, but a little bit of evidence is nice.

Also that Plasm Wraith hype train picture is glorious. When I get around to adding a fan art section to the OP, that will definitely be added.

What kind of person would honestly support this......

And the point of coming into a character support thread to say this is.......?

But to answer your question, I would imagine a person that supports the Wraith is a fan of the Pikmin series, thinks Pikmin needs another character, is a fan of the creatures in the Pikmin series, and they might even think gelatinous creatures are cool. So yeah, there are people who support the Plasm Wraith.

Shocking I know.

ANYWAY, I'm planning on adding some custom moves and more palette swaps to the OP when I have time, so stay tuned.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Thanks for your support!

Yeah, I was pretty pumped after hearing the whole "intruder from another dimension" thing. Probably just a generic placeholder for any DLC character, but a little bit of evidence is nice.

Also that Plasm Wraith hype train picture is glorious. When I get around to adding a fan art section to the OP, that will definitely be added.

And the point of coming into a character support thread to say this is.......?

But to answer your question, I would imagine a person that supports the Wraith is a fan of the Pikmin series, thinks Pikmin needs another character, is a fan of the creatures in the Pikmin series, and they might even think gelatinous creatures are cool. So yeah, there are people who support the Plasm Wraith.

Shocking I know.

ANYWAY, I'm planning on adding some custom moves and more palette swaps to the OP when I have time, so stay tuned.

But why THIS RANDOM BEAST rather than, idk, ANOTHER SPACE EXPLORER?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Plasm wraith isn't exactly a random beast, more like the closet thing to a main antagonist in the series (heavily implied to be the same entity as water wraith (they even share japanese name in one form), and every final boss in the series except emperor bulblax (I think) turns into gel when their beaten, which kind of implies they are all the same) so I think she's/he's kinda important.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
The Plasm Wraith is an intelligent creature, not just some random beast to help populate your Pikmin squad (if you want proof of this, look up Olimar's journals in the Formidable Oak). The Plasm Wraith is way more unique than another captain since it could even have an anti-Lucario mechanic in a sense that the more damage it gains the smaller, faster and weaker it gets.

Also, Sakurai didn't even make Alph a clone like he did with Dark Pit, so he didn't seem to think "Another space explorer" was worth putting effort in to upgrade from Alt (though I disagree with this because they could easily give him Rock and Winged Pikmin)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd say I like the concept of this guy being a boss, but having experienced first-hand the whole Ridley debacle, I wouldn't wish that on anybody's favourite characters.

And yeah, it's as close to a primary antagonist as the series has. It's also incredibly spooky and charming in its eldritch weirdness. I love the concept of it fighting with shifting elemental attributes and altering its body mass to fight - it would be a hell of a fun character and a rewarding playstyle in its own right.

And Pikmin is fun and could do with more love.

Sure, I'll support this!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244641-...elda-wii-u-work-starfox-dual-screens-and-more
- Miyamoto has a lot of ideas what he wants to do with Pikmin, but nothing is decided yet
- Nintendo will continue to make Pikmin games

- Nintendo likes to focus on less-traditional racing games
- F-Zero may return if they come up with a controller interface that makes sense for it
- Miyamoto would like to be Yoshi if he could be one of his own creations
- Miyamoto finds that drawing is the easiest way to convey ideas to people
- he still makes quick sketches to show the team his ideas
- when drawing Mario, Miyamoto starts with eyes, then eyebrows, nose and mustache
- Miyamoto says the Splatoon devs are putting way more work into the title than he thought
- every idea the team has for Zelda Wii U, they can implement right away
- version of StarFox Wii U ready to play at E3 2015
- StarFox benefits greatly from having two screens
- Miyamoto likes the look of the main character in Assassin's Creed
- Miyamoto teases more games for Wii U in 2015, but can't talk about them
This makes me so hyped on so many levels.

Top Bottom