• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The God(s) of Rock

Who is/are the God(s) of Rock?

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • The Rolling Stones

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • AC/DC

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other (Tell who exactly you think)

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

__Lewis__

Smash Cadet
Someone tell me two things:

Why "rock" music needs to have a definitive "god" band
Why people have to rely on others' opinions about it?

Granted, it makes good discussion but I place my bet on someone like Bill Haley or (to be typical) Elvis.
If it weren't for those two leaders, their respective bands behind them and the gradual change from a swing feel to a straight 8th note feel, then we wouldn't have any of the bands listed.

That being said, I know plenty of my fellow Australians would say AC/DC...
Unfortunately.

Siddhartha Gautama

Smash Cadet
Led Zeppelin because of how all of them are extremely talented at what they do. Besides Plant. He just likes to wear girls pants. Does Muddy Waters count?

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Hendrix is probably the most iconic rock musician there is (nay, is the most iconic), which would make him most entitled to the 'God of Rock' title.. but this will probably be interpretted as a 'Who is/are the greatest ever rock artist?' question, and there're just way too many correct answers to that..
The Stones as a personal choice though.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
You ask this question and don't include Eric Clapton? Haven't you ever heard the old adage "Clapton is God"? Anyway, this poll is meaningless. There is no answer. And AC/DC should be removed from contention right now. All of their songs are in A minor. I mean, come on.

Spire

III
BRoomer
David Bowie. Yeah, he's spacey, but he's been 20 years ahead of everyone forever.

Siddhartha Gautama

Smash Cadet
I think Zappa has actually taken the title for the most talented musician of the 20th century. And quite possibly the weirdest man in history who didn't do drugs...>_>

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone tell me two things:

Why "rock" music needs to have a definitive "god" band
Why people have to rely on others' opinions about it?

Granted, it makes good discussion but I place my bet on someone like Bill Haley or (to be typical) Elvis.
If it weren't for those two leaders, their respective bands behind them and the gradual change from a swing feel to a straight 8th note feel, then we wouldn't have any of the bands listed.

That being said, I know plenty of my fellow Australians would say AC/DC...
Unfortunately.
Just for the crap of it.

Also, for me it's Aerosmith, but eh I'll pick Acadaca (once again, just for the crap of it).

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Though the poll is pretty much meaningless, my answer is Led Zeppelin for one specific reason. If you asked a regular person if they've heard of Led Zeppelin, 93% of them will respond a resounding "of course, who hasn't?" Teh term "god" obviously refers to worship, and the fact that more people love Led Zeppelin than there are people in many religions, I'd say they deserve it.

Active would have to be a toss up between Pearl Jam (my personal fave) and Motley Crue (they are crazy)

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I'd like to be a Greek in this situation and have multiple Gods...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Out of the choices, The Rolling Stones. "Beggar's Banquet" is a personal favorite album of mine.

My personal favorite artists that could classify for this

Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Television
The Velvet Underground
They Might Be Giants
Primus
Patti Smith
Dinosaur Jr.
The Replacements
Hüsker Dü

= God status

Spire

III
BRoomer
Out of the choices, The Rolling Stones. "Beggar's Banquet" is a personal favorite album of mine.

My personal favorite artists that could classify for this

Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Television
The Velvet Underground
They Might Be Giants
Primus
Patti Smith
Dinosaur Jr.
The Replacements
Hüsker Dü

= God status