• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Bayonetta's recovery is absolutely godlike.

Also this might just be me but Bayonetta seems to have some really good stage control going for her considering how much momentum she maintains off of things like FAir chains. It seems like she can immediately gain stage advantage after just one hit.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The initial reaction of Bayonetta so far seems to be underwhelming thus far. I haven't got to play as her since I'm currently downloading her.

What have you found good about her thus far?

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The initial reaction of Bayonetta so far seems to be underwhelming thus far. I haven't got to play as her since I'm currently downloading her.

What have you found good about her thus far?
Underwhelming in what way? She was never going to have readily amazing kill options and this was evident in the trailer. She's really good at racking up damage though.

Bullet Arts is not going to see as much use as Fox's Lasers/Sheik's Needles cause they only do 5% for one cycle. Bullet Climax feels like it's only going to get mild usage in terms of dealing with short hoppers. BAir is really good. It's basically ZSS' except it kills 30% or so later from the middle of the stage. UAir is probably also going to get a lot of mileage. Tilts are great. FAir chains are great for positional advantages. I'm not really good with combos but she seems incredibly promising so far though it's hard to say whether that'll result in an overtuned character.

Her weaknesses seems to mainly be reliable kill moves (with the exception of an edge guard BAir) and the fact that for a character as combo reliant as her, some of her frame data is not the best. Right now her best way to kill seems very much contingent on Witch Time which is easily the best counter in the game. If it hits you while you're in high percents, you're angel dust.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
all aerial except dair SHAC

dair is probably the best stall then fall aerial because you can act out of it really quickly and it spikes

aerials don't have that much landing lag. nair has almost no LL at all
fair and dair are the laggiest, but they're not that bad

you can only do another afterburner kick if you connect with the first one (so you can't use both for recovery purposes)

her frame data doesn't feel as bad as i thought it would

her pummel is really fast and does like 3%

overall, she feels solid

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
So I know we are all busy playing Bayo, but I wanted to ask some questions, is it just me or is it hard to chain After Burner Kicks? I feel like the input doesn't work sometimes. Also it's super hard to kill without Witch Time. Still super fun nonetheless! Still very much getting used to her!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@Lavani is an amazing gorl and did some preliminary frame data for us<3
Take this with a grain of salt, as we don't have data dumps for the exact numbers yet (afaik), but his numbers should be close

Lavani said:
some preliminary bayo data

jab1 9f 1%
jab combo 1% + 2% + 2% + multi + 6% (13% min)

dash attack 15f 10%

ftilt 12f 3% + 3% + 8% - may be punishable between hits on shield
utilt 7f 5%
dtilt 7f 6%

fsmash 20f 16% fist 14% arm, sweetspot kills Kamui at 87% from Umbra starting position
usmash 18f 17%, kills 103%
dsmash 20f 5% bayo's foot, 28f 15% wicked weave

4f jumpsquat
nair 9f 8%, 10f landing
fair 8f 3%+3%+6%, 14f landing
bair 12f 13%, 12f landing, kills 120%
uair 9-16f going back-to-front, 9%, 12f landing
dair 7% drop 5% landing impact (landing kills 105%?!), 29f landing

grab 7f
dash grab 9f
pivot grab 10f

pummel 1.5% + 1.5%
fthrow 10%
bthrow 9%
uthrow 7%
dthrow 8%

neutralB 18f 1.x% per shot (uncharged)
sideB 15f 9% ground, 8f 6% air
upB 4f 8% (7% air), isn't going to kill without carrying off the top
downB 5f?

nair/bair/uair can be safe on shield, I think everything else is punishable and her startups on everything but upB are pretty depressing

too lazy to count frames for kamui but dtilt>usmash combos at mid% and dtilt>uair kills bayo at 109% on umbra

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I was not expecting her down air to be this powerful. I've killed mid weights with it below 100% which is incredible considering it has good potential as a combo ender.

Despite the high start up on her attacks, they have amazing interruptibility. Bayonetta feels great.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
So I know we are all busy playing Bayo, but I wanted to ask some questions, is it just me or is it hard to chain After Burner Kicks? I feel like the input doesn't work sometimes. Also it's super hard to kill without Witch Time. Still super fun nonetheless! Still very much getting used to her!
I have this problem myself. Can't seem to combo well with Heel kick, Afterburner kick... I can only connect with basic combos.

And OMG Corrin's counter is way strong. It kills me with a single jab.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Can we just appreciate the fact that Let's Dance Boys! made it in this stage?!

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
I may have found some Bayonetta combos. Up throw to F-Air combo seems to work and Side B to N-Air then follow ups work nicely as well. Also Down tilt to F-Smash seems to work at low percents as well. I've been testing it out in training mode so take it with a grain of salt. The CPU's I used in training mode were Captain Falcon, Kirby and Mario.
Edit: Possibly found another, Aerial Side B angled downwards to another aerial side B to B-Air seems to work. If you're late with B-Air you can use Up-Air instead.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
So, first impressions!

-jab does a lot of damage
-filt and dtilt are amazing
-uptilt is so-so but has combo potential
-fair and nair are good
-bair is fast and can kill offstage
-dair is surprisingly strong, spikes, and you can act out of it
-upair can kill off the top, and holding the button can catch airdodges
-smash attacks are all strong, downsmash spikes and upsmash can be used as an anti-air
-neutral B is an ok edgeguard
-sideB isnt as OP as it seemed to be; do the hadouken input for divekick
-upB is purely for combos and recovery; cant even kill off the top with corrin at 160%
-downB is easily the best counter in the game; usually enough time to fully charge a smash attack when at high %
-bat within does indeed activate to cover rolls, airdodges, sidesteps and witch time
-dash attack is decent, but has a small start up and is pretty unsafe
-dthrow SEEMS to combo into dtilt at lower %. need further testing
-Fthrow is her moon of mahaa-kalaa parry and can kill near the ledge
-upthrow SEEMS to combo into uptilt at 0%, and maybe upair: need further testing
-very high jumps, short hop feels tricky
-fast fall nair may become a thing
-she officially has the sassiest walk in the game (sorry zelda)

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So far, i'm loving how Bayonetta plays in Smash 4!

Also, Bayonetta's up ariel bullet arts is way too overpowered in the credits, lol.
IMG_20160203_233840.jpg

(Terrible quality brought to you by my cell phone)
It seems possible, and very easy to hit every single name in the credits. I nearly hit all of them.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
OG Bayonetta render ripped from 3DS version!

I really really like the artwork tbh

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I've literally only been able to do the dive kick once by accident. has anyone been able to consistently perform the downwards Afterburner Kick? if so....hooowww (I keep doing the Hadouken input but...it's not working for me lol)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm gonna try and make gifs of Bayonetta's victory poses (with a fitting purple background ;0 ) So sad the kiss didn't make it in ;(

So far, I love her! I might need to change my controls a bit though. It's a bit difficult to chain ABK and WTwist together consistently.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Just dropping by still practicing some Combo's but so far Side B into Up B True combo's at early percentage's along with D'Tilt into grabs and D'tilt into forward Air also seems to work at early to mid percentages

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I love the Virtua Fighter reference she makes. JUUNEN HAYAINDAYO! Caught me by surprise I think she only says it when does her Tetsuzanko throw.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Just like in her own games, she can wall-jump, though she doesn't seem to gain TOO much vertical height in comparison to her own series. Her wall-cling, however, is GDLK, greatly boosting her recovery ranges to the point of exceeding those of Cloud's & Mac's. :D Just make sure that you're not SO deep that you're off-screen when you're clinging onto the wall AFTER using up your 2nd jump, 'cus you might not be coming back, even after using Side B after Up B. Speaking of those Specials, if you cling onto the wall AFTER using both Side B & Up B, you will NOT be able to use them again until you either grab the ledge or you lose your stock. Haven't tested whether or not getting hit will let you use them again, so keep that in mind.

Like Cloud, we're going to want walls for not only going deeper for the edgeguards, but also for boosting & mixing up our recoveries. Thus, out there in FG Anywhere, I'll be crossing my fingers for a Walled Omega to show up when I bring her out. As a DH main who's been repping Cloud, both since his release and for this week's Conquest, I'm used to it.

Also, she can fire off her guns after seemingly EVERY normal she has by holding :GCA:. Even after her Smashes are over, she can fire off her guns by holding A. She can even fire them off after Side B by holding :GCB:. Speaking of those guns, think those will rip :4ryu:'s Focus Attack to shreds? If not, at least our numerous multi-hit attacks will definitely do the trick. :>

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Couple of things I have doodled with so far:

shff nair is amazing. It true combos into bullet climax at at lot of %s and can steal jumps to lead into dair spikes offstage. Can also net a grab off nair also. Fair's first hit is also good for continuing combos since it has good reach and pulls Bayonetta towards the opponent. You can cancel Bullet Climax which is nice!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You can do extended aerials with c-stick set to smash, but not with tilt stick.
But you can't nAir with smash stick, which sucks hard.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So is dash grab > down throw > down smash any good?
I've been doing it in practice and it kills Corrin at around 50%-70% without fail, but it doesn't seem to be a true combo.

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
So here are 2 alleged 0 to deaths,
Not sure if these a true since they were done on computers..
Edit: Apparently somebody did the fair to multiple fair on a person and it worked for them.

Last edited:

Fulcan_Ryst

Smash Rookie
I'm playing on 3DS and I'm having trouble making the Side B downward strike. I'll do it sometimes accidentally, but haven't figured out how to do it manually. I've tried tilting the stick down-right, but if I go too far, it just does the witch time backflip. Am I doing it wrong?

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So here are 2 alleged 0 to deaths,
Not sure if these a true since they were done on computers..
Edit: Apparently somebody did the fair to multiple fair on a person and it worked for them.
My god, that aerial combo is sick.

Top Bottom