• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If anyone cares; Chris informed me he will have enough time to finish character X aka 3D Bayonetta in time for July since they 'planned around it'. And that he is 'very particular with this one'.

Yay. :)

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

yo

if you got the listing that ended sunday or monday

**** you i wanted that but my mom didn't bid because she was asleep due to working

but not actually
Ended Monday morning. Which one was it like?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh BTW I beat Bayonetta 2.
It's amazing. Everything a sequel should do, take everything from the first game and make it better and expand upon it, Bayonetta 2 does.

I feel like perhaps Bayonetta 2 was a bit too easy though? Maybe it's just experience from playing the first game but I never died once in this game except to bull**** OHKO moves that I didn't see coming. Never even used healing items except for the final boss.
I played Normal (or 2nd Climax) on both games.

Since I love this game and I thought it was too easy, now I'm going to play as Jeanne through the whole game on 3rd Climax (if that's possible).

Balder is an amazing character

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Discord and Skype groups kill boards though. I'd prefer if we stay away from them. :v
Like, there were over 200 members in the Lucas Skype Group when i was in it, and it was a mess.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
EWWWW WHAT IS THIS she would never touch Luka as anymore than a joke

Delete this and draw redraw this with Jeanne if anything
She "might" touch him if she thought he was dying....I mean I think it's obvious that she cares about him on some level so if things were serious she'd probably carry him or something. (but then I think you could say that about most of the main characters she knows....except maybe Enzo :p)

Although on the other hand beating up angels and demons doesn't really leave much time for lugging people to hospitals.

I definitely don't think she'd be hugging anyone, she probably wouldn't even hug Jeanne like that.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
She "might" touch him if she thought he was dying....I mean I think it's obvious that she cares about him on some level so if things were serious she'd probably carry him or something. (but then I think you could say that about most of the main characters she knows....except maybe Enzo :p)

Although on the other hand beating up angels and demons doesn't really leave much time for lugging people to hospitals.

I definitely don't think she'd be hugging anyone, she probably wouldn't even hug Jeanne like that.
Nahww. She'd hug ... mummy.

I shed a tear in B2 actually on my first go.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I never liked Balder in the first game but in the second I did like him.

Also is it just me or do humanoid-based fights like Jeanne or Alraune (first stage) or Lumen Sage simply the most fun?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never liked Balder in the first game but in the second I did like him.

Also is it just me or do humanoid-based fights like Jeanne or Alraune (first stage) or Lumen Sage simply the most fun?
Oh definitely. They're the most intense fights for sure.
The final fight with Jeanne is probably my favorite between the two games.

EDIT: And honestly I liked Bayo1 Balder.
Aaalthoooough heee diiid taaalk veeery slooowllyyy.

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Oh definitely. They're the most intense fights for sure.
The final fight with Jeanne is probably my favorite between the two games.

EDIT: And honestly I liked Bayo1 Balder.
Aaalthoooough heee diiid taaalk veeery slooowllyyy.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'd like him more if he wasnt voiced by yuri lowenthal. Seriously, that guy is everywhere and I'm so burned out on his voice.
Yuri lowenthal isn't a bad voice actor and you want someone who's been everywhere? Check out Troy Baker or Nolan North they're everywhere ( not saying they're bad I love all of them as Va's )

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Jeanne and Alraune are fun but the Lumen Sage
and Loptr/Prophet
piss me off with their tendency to dodge absolutely everything outside of Witch Time. That could be the reason why I slightly prefer Bayonetta 1 over 2, despite the insta-death QTEs.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't think Bayonetta would even be that excited about the Smash invitation, considering she basically fights 24/7. Maybe she'd welcome the challenge but nothing to make her hug anyone.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Discord and Skype groups kill boards though. I'd prefer if we stay away from them. :v
Like, there were over 200 members in the Lucas Skype Group when i was in it, and it was a mess.
I don't think Discord and Skype groups kill boards. If there is anything interesting particular that people find out, they often open a thread for this. Discord and Skype both have the problem that useful information is easily lost. That's the main reason why people who actually care about their findings will most likely share them here in the board anyways. And Discord and Skype are useful for faster smalltalk. Sometimes there are discussions about match-ups and people discuss this over and over again and always answer if someone later on asks again about a certain MU. In the board, the match-up thread has all important pieces of information in the first post collected, so people can find the information pretty easy on smashboards. (which isn't possible in Discord or Skype that way)

So I think Discord and Skype only helps to avoid pure smalltalk stuff here in the specific character boards while keeping a good overview over everthing people discover and also over what has already been discussed in the threads. Also Discord and Skype are nice for the social level between different bayonetta players later on ;)

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Discord and Skype groups kill boards. If there is anything interesting particular that people find out, they often open a thread for this. Discord and Skype both have the problem that useful information is easily lost. That's the main reason why people who actually care about their findings will most likely share them here in the board anyways. And Discord and Skype are useful for faster smalltalk. Sometimes there are discussions about match-ups and people discuss this over and over again and always answer if someone later on asks again about a certain MU. In the board, the match-up thread has all important pieces of information in the first post collected, so people can find the information pretty easy on smashboards. (which isn't possible in Discord or Skype that way)

So I think Discord and Skype only helps to avoid pure smalltalk stuff here in the specific character boards while keeping a good overview over everthing people discover and also over what has already been discussed in the threads. Also Discord and Skype are nice for the social level between different bayonetta players later on ;)
oh hey another olimar/soon to be bayonetta main! How do you think the transition from playing olimar to bayonetta is going to be? I personally haven't played a combo based character in smash but I've been trying to practice with the likes of sheik and zss.....

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
oh hey another olimar/soon to be bayonetta main! How do you think the transition from playing olimar to bayonetta is going to be? I personally haven't played a combo based character in smash but I've been trying to practice with the likes of sheik and zss.....
I recommend adding Ryu to that list as well. He is also a combo based fighter and has the thing where press and holding buttons does something - more power/speed/ect for his attacks while for Bayo it would be the guns shooting.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Hey^^
Well I've trained a pocket Diddy too, so I have a bit of pratice with a more combobased character and it also helped me a lot to get better at spacing aerials. I think it's hard to tell yet how difficult the transition from Olimar to Bayonetta will be. Of course you can't play Bayonetta in the more defensive way you're most likely used to as Olimar main. Also being able to go for trades in the air is something unusual as an Olimar main too, so that also is something to look forward. I feel like Bayonetta can space with her aerials later on. Spacing with bairs and fastfalling upairs could be a thing. Working on approaches may be an issue at the beginning during the character transition, but I think it won't be as hard as it may sound at first.

I have to admit I also sometimes play ZSS for fun because some aerials like bair and upair look similar to the ones of Bayonetta. Also getting a feeling for her jump and her fastfall may be nice to practice with ZSS, while Bayonetta's grab of course will be much different from ZSS grab.
Honestly I'm sad we still have no official dlc release date we can get hyped for and the waiting kills me day by day xp

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, speaking of release dates, I hope they tell us in a Nintendo Direct or something. Sakurai said "once the dates are finalized, we'll announce them on the official website", but if that was the case, that would require someone to just randomly check the DLC page of the website, and maybe they'd get lucky and find out the release date.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Now, I have NEVER played a bayonetta game(ordered one, should come in next week), but I am hyped! I am maining Bayo cause I said i would main the next DLC characters after Roy/Ryu/Lucas, and she looks awesome!

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I watch the Bayonetta breakdown scene so much everyday that when I listen to the OST I can hear Sakurais dubbed voice in my ear.

Is this bad?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I watch the Bayonetta breakdown scene so much everyday that when I listen to the OST I can hear Sakurais dubbed voice in my ear.

Is this bad?
I have the opposite problem.
I just watched Bayonetta's trailer and had to resist the urge to sing and dance to the music since I actually listen to the music!

(Spoilers: I couldn't resist)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't think Bayonetta would even be that excited about the Smash invitation, considering she basically fights 24/7. Maybe she'd welcome the challenge but nothing to make her hug anyone.
"Oh, how quaint."

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
She'd probably enjoy the chance to get her hands on Palutena, but other than that, most of Smash is child's play.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Soooo, I just beat Bayonetta 2 in third apotheosis and unlocked the:
Chain Chomp
and oh my god is op as hell (no pun intended :upsidedown:).
I'm using it in combination with Kafka and I can do ton of damage with a simple PPPPK combo without worrying about incomings attacks since I can stand well outside the reach of enemies and witch time when needed.

Prepare to see my revenge Witch Trial 5! :4bayonetta:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I don't get why people say Chain Chomp is op
The shortened range with such little damage is t worth it, IMO
If I wanted a short range, strong weapon, I'd go Takemikazuchi/Salamandra on Hands, and Salamandra on Feet. Second most broken weapon in the game, for me.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I don't get why people say Chain Chomp is op
The shortened range with such little damage is t worth it, IMO
If I wanted a short range, strong weapon, I'd go Takemikazuchi/Salamandra on Hands, and Salamandra on Feet. Second most broken weapon in the game, for me.
Yes it have small range but it's "Wicked Weaves" launch 2-3 copy of himself which every single one doing a lot of damage and they are autoaimed to the enemy so it's pretty useful even at distance. Maybe now I'm just seeing it op because of the initial hype but for me it still a cool weapon anyway.

I'd like using Takemikazuchi too, for me it still a bit difficult to use and I'm learning the timing for the longer combo since it's slow and sometimes I miss the input, but is really funny to see a charged attack destroying an enemy or even a group.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chain Chomp is basically Bayo 2's Kilgore, and Kilgore was one of the best weapons in the first game. Not just cause of the stupid million rockets glitch either. It just takes some getting used to.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Chain Chomp is basically Bayo 2's Kilgore, and Kilgore was one of the best weapons in the first game. Not just cause of the stupid million rockets glitch either. It just takes some getting used to.
OMFG I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED THAT GLITCH SO MUCH ;V;
I also miss Durga :c
I honestly liked a lot of the weapons in Bayo 1 more than most in Bayo 2. RIP Odette.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The ice skates and Shuraba were my favourite so I'm glad Shuraba (that is the long sword right? Lol) came back!
Hoping for some sort of Axe type weapon next time, also Crosabows just to show Bayo is better with them than Linkle. ;p

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It says something when my two main weapon sets in 2 are Scarborough Fair on hands and feet, and Shuraba + Chain Chomp. In most cases, I'd take a Bayo 1 weapon over 2. Bayo 2's whips are 100x better than Kulshedra though.

Bayo 2 has a couple cool things that I wish were better though. Kafka bow's complete lack of stun makes a cool idea not-so-great. I understand you have to sorta just play differently with it, but it's not fun to play keep away in Bayonetta. I wanted it to work like Zelda's light arrow attacks in Hyrule Warriors. The big hammer and the motor revving thing is also really cool, but the fact that it's so slow that you have to dodge before most attacks even get out makes it far too niche for general use. Basically only good during witch time or vs specific enemies. I've been able to play around it a bit by using a fast weapon on feet and using feet attacks as starters, but that's still not great. I find the whips on feet are a good compliment cause you can pull single enemies out of groups to make the hammer safer. That whole idea just seems counterproductive to how a big ass hammer with a motor in it should work though. It should unleash hell on huge groups, not pick off singular enemies away from the main fight.

Top Bottom