• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
She's designed to have a smaller bust.

She's supposed to be a different kind of sexy, as far as her creator says.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
hunTy,

I've mained Zelda for over a decade.

It is literally impossible for my standards to get any lower.
You've got me there.

I've mained Roy for a long time too, so I know what it's like to have low character standards.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Melee Roy was hilarious. He was essentially Fsmash: The Character. I also loved how his hitboxes were broken, as seen in his dash attack.

However, Melee Zelda only had 3 useable moves, so I guess Roy wasn't the only one with a bad design.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
tbh I kinda hope Bayonetta is terrible, just to disappoint everyone
DLC characters tend to be lucky with patches. Just recently Mewtwo arguably became the biggest winner of 1.1.3 (with Bowser a close second), along with drastically safer grabs for Lucas. And remember when Ryu had hitlag problems that kept him high tier at best?

At this point Roy is the only DLC to not get any buff treatment, which unfortunately is likely due to not quite shaking the shackles of being a Marth clone.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think their mentality of buffing DLC character comes from the fact people have to buy them. If Mewtwo was on the original cast, I highly doubt he would have gotten buffed as massively as he did. Sakurai doesn't want to disappoint players with lackluster DLC characters.

As for Roy not getting buffed, idk. It's evident Sakurai thinks Roy's fine if he's not buffing him.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know, for all the sexual flak Bayonetta games tend to get, her breasts are really nothing to write home about by game standards. Even the cleavage doesn't really stick out in the first game..
Bayonetta's always been meant to be more sensual than sexual.

If that makes sense.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think their mentality of buffing DLC character comes from the fact people have to buy them. If Mewtwo was on the original cast, I highly doubt he would have gotten buffed as massively as he did. Sakurai doesn't want to disappoint players with lackluster DLC characters.

As for Roy not getting buffed, idk. It's evident Sakurai thinks Roy's fine if he's not buffing him.
If Mewtwo was around from the start he probably would have gotten his buffs more slowly, but likely still would have reached this point. It's not like they just went "oh, let's give Mewtwo an unprecedented movement buff because he's DLC and special", since Kirby got one too.

For Ryu the hitlag was a clear unintended weakness so it was only natural to patch it. Then he indirectly struck gold with the shieldstun patch.

Well, I can say one thing about Roy: he's at least not (obviously) worse than Marth anymore.

Bayonetta's always been meant to be more sensual than sexual.

If that makes sense.
TBH, that comment came about due to me noticing how noticeable her anime breasts are compared to the game ones. Though maybe that's just the art style.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Speaking of Bayo 1, has anyone else been watching @AceStarThe3rd's blind playthrough? There have been some cringey moments, but he's been doing pretty good so far! :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

Hello, friend~ Casually walking in is the best way to enter a social thread~ Welcome to the number 1 spot for people to talk about Bayonetta, the rightful winner of the Smash Ballot!
Thanks for the welcome! :p Wow i'm late at replying LOL. Bayonetta's going to be the first DLC character i'm gonna main and i'm excited adfgjdhsfkdl ^o^

You know, for all the sexual flak Bayonetta games tend to get, her breasts are really nothing to write home about by game standards. Even the cleavage doesn't really stick out in the first game.

That reminds me about how I really wanna play at least one Bayonetta game. I have yet to do so ;-;

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
You know, for all the sexual flak Bayonetta games tend to get, her breasts are really nothing to write home about by game standards. Even the cleavage doesn't really stick out in the first game.
that's because her breasts aren't supposed to be that big. Bayonetta was designed to have the body type of a run way super model. Long slender legs, a slender torso, and average chest size. However the animated movie made her hips and bust size larger than they should be. At least we can say that her appearance in SSB4 is more accurate.

Just look at here here compared to ZSSamus. Samus has a more voluptuous body type; bigger breasts, hips, and thighs. While Bayonetta all about being slender; modest bust size, average hips, and long slender legs.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
that's because her breasts aren't supposed to be that big. Bayonetta was designed to have the body type of a run way super model. Long slender legs, a slender torso, and average chest size. However the animated movie made her hips and bust size larger than they should be. At least we can say that her appearance in SSB4 is more accurate.

Just look at here here compared to ZSSamus. Samus has a more voluptuous body type; bigger breasts, hips, and thighs. While Bayonetta all about being slender; modest bust size, average hips, and long slender legs.
IMO, I like Bayonetta's physique MUCH more than ZSS in Smash Bros.
Bayonetta's sleek, slender and moderately sexy.
ZSS looks like she can't fit in her own clothes because she's so disproportionately busty (which doesn't even fit her as a character IMO but that's for another day).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any of you gorls in here Sia fans?

Her new album released today, and overall, it's pretty good. It's not as good of a mainstream pop record as 1000 Forms of Fear was (and it's nothing compared to Some People Have Real Problems), but it's still worth a listen. Sia's unique fingerprint is present in all of the songs. Sia's vocals are killer as always, so it's worth listening to just for that.
I don't really think this is something that we should be discussing in here, but I guess as long as it's not a prolonged conversation.

Her new album is pretty meh, after a few songs it starts getting very samey and boring tonally/thematically, and it doesn't improve later on. That said, a lot of the songs are good enough as a single unit and will rack up a few plays in my playlist, but there's nothing notable or fantastic about the album overall.

On the topic of Bayonetta's sexuality, It's generally done in a overly exaggerated way as a parody of modern games more than anything else. I usually can't stand fanservice like that but Platinum does a great job of never taking itself too serious with the Bayonetta series. There's so much more depth to the character and storyline it never feels like they're doing it just to do it, it feels natural for the character and I don't think I'd like her as much if that weren't present, even though I get no outward pleasure from it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
IMO, I like Bayonetta's physique MUCH more than ZSS in Smash Bros.
Bayonetta's sleek, slender and moderately sexy.
ZSS looks like she can't fit in her own clothes because she's so disproportionately busty (which doesn't even fit her as a character IMO but that's for another day).
Athletic females tend to have prominent breasts. Dunno if it's a thing in real life but you also see it with characters like Tifa in FFVII.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Athletic females tend to have prominent breasts. Dunno if it's a thing in real life but you also see it with characters like Tifa in FFVII.
Yeah, Samus being athletic is definitely why she has big breasts in Smash 4.
On the topic of Bayonetta's sexuality, It's generally done in a overly exaggerated way as a parody of modern games more than anything else. I usually can't stand fanservice like that but Platinum does a great job of never taking itself too serious with the Bayonetta series. There's so much more depth to the character and storyline it never feels like they're doing it just to do it, it feels natural for the character and I don't think I'd like her as much if that weren't present, even though I get no outward pleasure from it.
All of this.
It's done in a competent and likable way. What would normally completely detract from a game's charm and dignity actually helps in Bayonetta's case.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Have you all seen this? https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/693394209085091840

Translation says there will be a demonsration of Bayonetta and Corrin in a championship before the release.

Google trad: In the "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U niconico championship", fighter February delivery schedule "Bayonetta" is also planned demonstration battle using "Kamui". Do not miss it.

Live on: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv249429484?ref=top&zroute=index
It's gonna be shown off tonight probably

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Yep. At 2 am for me so it'll be tough. I slept all day in order to be in shape for PAX so I'm kinda prepared. Timezones right?

Last edited:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
1am for me, I just want to watch Bayonetta footage so can't wait to see it! ^^.

btw, why is there no alt costume bayonetta emoji?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
1am for me, I just want to watch Bayonetta footage so can't wait to see it! ^^.

btw, why is there no alt costume bayonetta emoji?
Since we don't have her Bayo 1 render yet we don't really have anywhere to pull one from. I mean, we could get one from Bayo 1 art but I wouldn't fit with the rest of the icons.

What time is the Nico Nico stream in EST? I really wanna watch •o•

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Since we don't have her Bayo 1 render yet we don't really have anywhere to pull one from. I mean, we could get one from Bayo 1 art but I wouldn't fit with the rest of the icons.

What time is the Nico Nico stream in EST? I really wanna watch •o•
Ah, alright thanks for the answer :), I'll wait...

Well 1am is UTC, so thats 8pm EST I believe. (about 7:30 hrs from now)

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
My Bae's are officially bbf's in my headcannon. =D
View attachment 94286
That is a VERY good drawing. This is just the kind of art style I'd love to have for mine fantasy and sci-fi novel covers. Again, I wish I had that kind of talent in visual art. [Shrugs] But alas, writing and programming are mine only strong points.

[EDIT] Whomever drew that should do an artwork of Bayonetta and Elma fighting side by side.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, hold on a second. If we're getting to see the new characters, does that mean they'll also be on 1.1.4?

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Have you all seen this? https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/693394209085091840

Translation says there will be a demonsration of Bayonetta and Corrin in a championship before the release.

Google trad: In the "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U niconico championship", fighter February delivery schedule "Bayonetta" is also planned demonstration battle using "Kamui". Do not miss it.

Really hoping on a release date for her after the demo.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Ohohoho, I am excited for this. I am also in the boat of people thinking that these two have to be released sometime soon if they're demoing them live on stream.

But hey, maybe that's just me being hopeful because I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE

David Viran

Smash Lord
Ohohoho, I am excited for this. I am also in the boat of people thinking that these two have to be released sometime soon if they're demoing them live on stream.

But hey, maybe that's just me being hopeful because I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE
You know Nintendo. They like to announce a release date 2 days before the actual release. They actually do that a lot.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One of the best parts about this upcoming event is that we'll get to see the CSS with Corrin and Bayonetta.

With luck, maybe we'll even get to see Bayonetta's Bayo 1 costume artwork.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
From what I've heard, 1:15 AM, Sunday morning.

But if you wanna check for yourself, here's a handy time zone converter for ya. http://thetimezoneconverter.com/
Thanks, I'll watch it tomorrow morning at around 9AM then. Don't want to mess up my sleep cycle, besides, the faster I go to sleep the quicker I will be able to watch. ;P

EDIT: (not to double)
Dunno if this has been posted yet.

Let's assume the Smash characters are celebrating Bayo + Corrin coming soon.

Also......this.......is a REALLY good idea. Too bad I have a ALBW XL.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
It's days like this i'm glad I have a Niconico account. Shame i dont have any capturing software, i'd love to stream it for you guys

:<

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's days like this i'm glad I have a Niconico account. Shame i dont have any capturing software, i'd love to stream it for you guys

:<
I'll give you the same recommendation I gave someone over in the Corrin boards.

Open Broadcaster Software.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
*runs back to this board*
huff....huff....got...both...games....
beat....both...games...
I'm ready!

Top Bottom