• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bayonetta's imminent release on Smash 4 has compelled me to go back to playing Bayonetta 1&2. I dare say, I am rusty as hell. I used to be able to time mine dodges perfectly (most of the time) without rapidly mashing the button, but right now I'm struggling to get back into the habit. Also, mine eyes have lost some of their sharp edge, making me vulnerable to surprise attacks.

Still, going back to playing Bayonetta has improved mine insight on the game's mechanics. With the default guns, I always stuck with the punch-kick-Wicked Punch combo, since it was quick and efficient. I STILL stick with the combo, but I have been trying out new strategies as well, and experimenting more with the different weapons. I used to like the bow-and-arrow a lot, which I paired with either the whip or double blades, but since it doesn't work well on some bosses, I ditched it in favour of the double blades (hands) and guns (feet). Plus, the guns's ranged attacks seem more powerful than Kafka's. Chernobog and the Hammer are awesome, powerful weapons, but they're too slow for mine taste. As of now, the two weapon setups I use in Bayonetta 2 are the default guns and the double blades (hands) and guns (feet). I like using the double-blades for crowd control. I always trade power for speed; I can't help it.

Once I finally beat the fifth Witch Trial (which I'm hoping is the last) and buy all of Rodin's wares, I plan to replay Bayonetta 1--if nothing else, for the story. I might also try getting all-platinum rank on both games.

Until Bayonetta is downloadable, I think I'll take a break from Smash, since that's all I've been playing (for the most part) over the past year. I'll probably hop between playing Bayonetta and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Until Bayonetta is downloadable, I think I'll take a break from Smash, since that's all I've been playing (for the most part) over the past year. I'll probably hop between playing Bayonetta and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
I'm doing the same thing. Knowing what's on the horizon, I just can't have as much fun with Smash as I want to, because I keep thinking about how I want Bayonetta, but she's not out yet. So, I'm waiting until Bayonetta is released to start playing again. Heheh.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, I feel ya. I've stopped going to tournaments for a while, and now I'm waiting until Bayonetta is released before I attend them again. I still play the game; I'm just playing a lot of different characters while not committing to any of them.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, I feel ya. I've stopped going to tournaments for a while, and now I'm waiting until Bayonetta is released before I attend them again. I still play the game; I'm just playing a lot of different characters while not committing to any of them.
That's basically what I do when I play Smash now. None of them are Bayonetta, so I don't really care who I'm playing. Hell, I choose random most of the time. Heheh.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I'm kind of in the same boat. Aside from last week where my friend asked me to bring my Wii U to his house so our group could do some 8 player Smash, I actually haven't sat down and played Smash by myself in like 2 months, and I probably won't play much until Bayo and Corrin come around.

Didn't you main Palutena? Do you no longer main her?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm kind of in the same boat. Aside from last week where my friend asked me to bring my Wii U to his house so our group could do some 8 player Smash, I actually haven't sat down and played Smash by myself in like 2 months, and I probably won't play much until Bayo and Corrin come around.

Didn't you main Palutena? Do you no longer main her?
Yeah, I mained her for the majority of the game's lifespan (especially when custom moves were allowed in tournament). I no longer main Palutena. Bayonetta is my future main.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Relevant. Late, but relevant. Wish I had this pic right after the announcement.

If you cant make it out, the letter she's holding has the smash bros logo on it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Don't waste your money on it

I've bought stuff from that site before and it's made out of cheap plastic

The designs are nice, but the quality is bad and they're overpriced

0/10 would not recommend ever

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Don't waste your money on it

I've bought stuff from that site before and it's made out of cheap plastic

The designs are nice, but the quality is bad and they're overpriced

0/10 would not recommend ever
That's odd, I've seen a lot of people saying good things about that site and the pictures I have seen of people wearing the stuff made in it at least makes them look pretty nice.

You're actually the first person I've seen that has a bad experience with it lol

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Hello there!, new here.

I was planning on buying Bayonetta 1&2 since a looooong time ago, but now that she's being added I have made up my mind and I will buy at least the first game, does anyone know if I can buy both games at the e-Shop??

DarkSKY

Smash Rookie
Hello there!, new here.

I was planning on buying Bayonetta 1&2 since a looooong time ago, but now that she's being added I have made up my mind and I will buy at least the first game, does anyone know if I can buy both games at the e-Shop??

I thought Bayonetta 1 comes with Bayonetta 2 ? I could be wrong.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hello there!, new here.

Yes you can, however both games take up around 16gb of space, so only really room for one of them even if you own a 32gb Wii U. Try to get an external hard drive for your wiiu before you do anything. But before you do, see if you can find a used copy of Bayo2/Bayo1 bundle at local stores.

I thought Bayonetta 1 comes with Bayonetta 2 ? I could be wrong.
Nintendo is re-releasing Bayo2 as a stand alone game without a physical copy of the first one. its only going to be $29.99, but still not owning the first game can be an issue for some people.

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Yes you can, however both games take up around 16gb of space, so only really room for one of them even if you own a 32gb Wii U. Try to get an external hard drive for your wiiu before you do anything. But before you do, see if you can find a used copy of Bayo2/Bayo1 bundle at local stores.
Ok thanks :), I'll try to find a copy but if I'm not lucky I will download the first game and then get the disk version of the second one

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I managed to get both Bayonetta 1 and 2 off of JewBay eBay. I should be able to receive it around at the end of the week or month.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
If only the Wii U didn't have region locking. I'd totally ship you guys copies of the Bayo 2-pack for those who don't have it. <3

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I just finished Bayonetta 2 the other day.

Does anyone know if you can find the bonus background art online? (in the gallery that unlocks after you complete the game) I'd love to use one of them as a desktop wallpaper.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Relevant. Late, but relevant. Wish I had this pic right after the announcement.

If you cant make it out, the letter she's holding has the smash bros logo on it.
EWWWW WHAT IS THIS she would never touch Luka as anymore than a joke

Delete this and draw redraw this with Jeanne if anything

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll just hookshot my way out of this thread and into the hearts of at least one million ladies.

Like Luka, best character since 2009.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'd like him more if he wasnt voiced by yuri lowenthal. Seriously, that guy is everywhere and I'm so burned out on his voice.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If only the Wii U didn't have region locking. I'd totally ship you guys copies of the Bayo 2-pack for those who don't have it. <3
That would be super thoughtful of you. :grin:

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I'd like him more if he wasnt voiced by yuri lowenthal. Seriously, that guy is everywhere and I'm so burned out on his voice.
It fit his character as a whiny, yet wannabe cassanova type of character so I think he fit his role in Bayonetta.

But I can understand being burnt out. I forgot where I heard his voice last before Bayo. :p

Edit: It was when I played through Persona 4. lol

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It fit his character as a whiny, yet wannabe cassanova type of character so I think he fit his role in Bayonetta.

But I can understand being burnt out. I forgot where I heard his voice last before Bayo. :p

Edit: It was when I played through Persona 4. lol
Personally, it's gotten to the point where I can immediately recognize Yuri Lowenthal's voice from just a few lines.

He was Yosuke in Persona 4, the protagonist in Persona 3, Luka in Bayonetta, Sasuke in Naruto...

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I managed to get both Bayonetta 1 and 2 off of JewBay eBay. I should be able to receive it around at the end of the week or month.
yo

if you got the listing that ended sunday or monday

**** you i wanted that but my mom didn't bid because she was asleep due to working

but not actually

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Hey guys.

Bayonetta getting in Smash compelled me to buy and play the games. I loved them, so I guess I"m a fan now.

Could I get a link to the Discord?

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
Actually, is You May Call Me Father a track on the Clock Tower stage?
If not, it should be.
I'm kinda sad that I didnt see fly me to the moon in the smash direct of Bayonetta, I don't think I saw you may call me father either....but who knows maybe they didnt show all the music?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So here's the track listing for Umbra Clock Tower:

Let's Hit The Climax!
Theme Of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny (Instrumental)
Tomorrow Is Mine (Bayonetta 2 Theme) (Instrumental)
One Of A Kind
Riders Of The Light
Red & Black
After Burner (∞ Climax Mix)
Friendship
Let's Dance, Boys!
The Legend Of Aesir
Time For The Climax!

I don't know a lot of these by name, but I imagine this is a pretty good list.
Still needs You May Call Me Father and The Greatest Jubilee tho.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys.

Bayonetta getting in Smash compelled me to buy and play the games. I loved them, so I guess I"m a fan now.

Could I get a link to the Discord?
Can't link you to that which does not exist~ (people have tried to make Discords, but they all fell flat)

Top Bottom