• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
When I heard Bayo 2 was being released Wii U exclusive, I was confused. I was like, why? So I did more research, and then I found out Nintendo was footing the bill for this game, so it made sense. Which made me more excited for a wii u. (I was already getting Smash, so another game to play on the wii u was a plus.) When I bought the game, I actually didn't know it came with Bayo 1 as well, so that was an even better bonus for me.

EDIT: My reaction to finding out Bayo 2 came with 1:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I really cannot wait any longer for Bayonetta. This is killing me. For some reason I get the feeling that Bayonetta might be harder than Ryu to use (Maybe just me Over-Thinking it)

I litterly everyday listen to the soundtracks from the first two Bayonetta I've never been this hyped for a character before.
I feel you, man. I'm just counting down the days until February, and hopefully by then we'll have an official release date for her (and Corrin). I have a lot of the songs from the Bayonetta OST in a playlist, and I listen to them constantly.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta 2 was so convenient for me to be on the Wii U, as that's the only console I own in this generation. I was insanely hyped, and it's still my favorite Wii U game to this day.

Now, my most wanted releases are happening on February, it's just so far away. I've watched through Bayonetta's trailer at least five times everyday (I have the entire Smash presentation downloaded on my phone), I need this NOW.

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Now, my most wanted releases are happening on February, it's just so far away. I've watched through Bayonetta's trailer at least five times everyday (I have the entire Smash presentation downloaded on my phone), I need this NOW.
You and me both.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Bayonetta 2 was so convenient for me to be on the Wii U, as that's the only console I own in this generation. I was insanely hyped, and it's still my favorite Wii U game to this day.

I've watched Bayonetta's moveset breakdown so many times, YouTube keeps recommending it to me in the "Watch it again" section of my home page.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, I thought you meant one of those things where people try to breakdown movesets based entirely on preview footage. Going as far as frame data and such, like with Gimr's Cloud video.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ah, I thought you meant one of those things where people try to breakdown movesets based entirely on preview footage. Going as far as frame data and such, like with Gimr's Cloud video.
Ah, no. Haha. Although I would love to watch one of those too. Frame data would be nice to find out.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
When I heard Nintendo first announced Bayonetta 2 in 2012 it interest me, and I never heard of the series before, but I wasn't planning to get the game unless it came with the original. Color me surprised, and it did. :)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I've actually been doing the opposite. I dont want to burn myself out on BAYONETTA ALL DAY ERRDAY because I plan on doing that when she's released. It'll be that much more satisfying since I wont already have everything burned intp my vision, lol.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I've actually been doing the opposite. I dont want to burn myself out on BAYONETTA ALL DAY ERRDAY because I plan on doing that when she's released. It'll be that much more satisfying since I wont already have everything burned intp my vision, lol.
I could never burn myself out on Bayonetta.... :4bayonetta:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's kind of crazy to think that all this happened because Microsoft and Sony turned Bayonetta 2 down from the start.

We got a new game, more costumes, and now Bayonetta's been requested so much that she's in Smash. We're even getting a re-run and Bayonetta is getting far more attention then ever before.

Jesus. Look how far we've come.
I love it.

I'd like to add that Chris from Smashified is planning to finish his 3D model of her he has been doing as a side project all this time for July. Not that it would be anything major but something to talk about Bayo related around E3.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just realized it's been over a month since Bayonetta and Corrin were confirmed.

The time flew by way faster than I expected.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So I wonder why Platinum Games isn't credited? I think SEGA owns the IP I'm not sure about this though.... (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
So I wonder why Platinum Games isn't credited? I think SEGA owns the IP I'm not sure about this though.... (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
Bayonetta is like the Kingdom Hearts series

its Developed by one company (PlatinumGames/Square-Enix), while funded and owned in its entirety by another (Sega/Disney).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think Platinum Games was already credited for the Wonderful 101 trophies/songs, as was Sega for Sonic. Not like Square Enix who had zero involvement before Cloud.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm already happy we will probably have Bayonetta and Corrin released in less than a month. It's time to break them down in the lab. As all of you I'm watching the trailer and moveset breakdown over and over again. I'm looking into all the gifs of their moveset also a few times a day while thinking of when to use what. We survived one month of waiting. Only one month left until we can get our hands on them :D

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Bayonetta is like the Kingdom Hearts series

its Developed by one company (PlatinumGames/Square-Enix), while funded and owned in its entirety by another (Sega/Disney).
I'm glad I just got my two favorite SEGA characters in one game :4sonic: and :4bayonetta:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
sonic makes me want to die

his character is obnoxious and just awful

not to mention that the fan base is literal trash :secretkpop:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Damn, Spritzee. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To those who played Bayonetta on the Xbox when it first released back in 2009, can you imagine if somebody had told you she was going to be a playable character in Super Smash Bros one day?

I was just thinking it's pretty amazing how things can turn around like that.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

I really like Sonic. I love his character traits. He's suppose to he Cocky and Obnoxious too others lol.

I got to agree with you there on the fanbase it definitely is the worse.

Anyways. I wonder how strict Witch Time is going to be?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyways. I wonder how strict Witch Time is going to be?
I feel like it'll be pretty lenient, but we'd have a better idea if we got a look at the animation Bayonetta does when using her down special (like how people with counters get into a ready stance).

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So this is how Bayonetta could look like in Mario Maker.

I think it could happen since she's getting an amiibo.

What next, Bayonetta in Mario Kart 9 as DLC? I don't know how much of this my heart can take.:psycho:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

What next, Bayonetta in Mario Kart 9 as DLC? I don't know how much of this my heart can take.:psycho:
The only costume I'd ever use.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775

Oh man, a Bayonetta themed DLC race track in MK8 would be EPIC! also, think about it, Bayonetta racing on Jeannes Motorcycle The Angel Slayer. An excuse to get the Bayonetta version of After Burner into another game~ they could probably even include Cloud as well. I mean, if you think about it, FFVII did have a segment involving a motorcycle chase scene. Two new race tracks; Fimbulventer and Midgar. Two new songs; After Burner (∞ Climax Mix) and Crazy Motorcycle Chase. While also including Bayonetta and Cloud as DLC characters, coming with Bayonetta and FF based racing equipment. Maybe include two new Mario characters to go along with like ... Pauline and Bowser Jr.?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I loved the Motorcycle Mission in the first Bayonetta. It was one of my favorite part's in the game. I also loved the Crazy Motorcycle Chase from FFVII. I can't wait to see it remade.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I loved the Motorcycle Mission in the first Bayonetta. It was one of my favorite part's in the game.
I replay that chapter constantly because I just love the motorcycle section so much. And the music is perfect too. I'm so glad it'll be in Smash.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I replay that chapter constantly because I just love the motorcycle section so much. And the music is perfect too. I'm so glad it'll be in Smash.
Yeah I agree. I'm glad Bayonetta is getting alot of music in her stage unlike a certain Ex-Shinra SOLDIER.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Really? I thought it was terrible. Pointlessly long and monotonous, and the bike can hardly turn. At least Jeanne's changes things up (though the first segment is quite annoying due to not being able to see the things you're shooting at).

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I still think that having Ryu, Sonic, Megaman, Cloud, Solid Snake and Pacman in the same video game series is the most surreal thing ever. It still sounds like a GameFAQs leak from like 2006.

Bayonetta on her own still is very close.

(speaking of Snake I wish I had any artistic talent because I legit want to make animations for outros and stuff. I was also messing around mentally with the idea of Snake being altered to be truer to MGS3+5 but Boss having future tech is... workable?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom