• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yea it's hard. Mostly because of the lack of speed relexes and the fact of the 4 shoulder buttons. Been playing video games since the NES era with that same one hand. Ever since the Playstation 1 era, I had to use a different body part to take care of L2/R2 situation. That part is my chin. N64 however made it completely unplayable for me.

So in reality, the game controllers are always rested on my chest/stomache, the left joystick is my thumb, the 4 face buttons are my index finger and at times my middle finger, R is unusable in my Bayonetta 1/2 playthrough since I never lock on to an enemy. L is my thumb whenever I use Umbran Climax. Same with ZL for switching weapons.. And ZR for my chin for maximum reflex that I can get out of for dodging. And my Bayonetta 2 controls are on Type B as I'm used to Bayo1 controls.

And you probably already got an idea how I play Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl/4. And I used the GC controller for that game.
Damn you only have one hand and you're better at Bayonetta than me geez.

I'm completely blown away here, major props for you man, I'd love to play some Smash with you once I'm back from my trip.

Though I'm Brazilian, which means lag =V

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Yea, after playing the story twice. I feel like I sucked at the game thanks to the Witch Trials I - IV... especially IV, I hate gauntlet matches in single player :/ I die at least twice in each Witch Trial except for I

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
I haven't got a full run on Bayo1 since that game is ridiculously insane hard... It's some Platinum, mostly gold, and a few stones on my normal playthru. :/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why does the Corrin board get two moderators, and we only get one? Are we not good enough for you, mods?! Huh?!

Heheheh.

I'll just stay proud of my countless stone medals in both Bayo 1 and 2.

;-;
Almost every medal I have in Bayo 1 is stone. Trust me, you aren't alone. Heheh.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Why does the Corrin board get two moderators, and we only get one? Are we not good enough for you, mods?! Huh?!

Heheheh.

Almost every medal I have in Bayo 1 is stone. Trust me, you aren't alone. Heheh.
It is probably because people are more salty about Corrin than Bayonetta, so it makes more sense to have more people watching it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It is probably because people are more salty about Corrin than Bayonetta, so it makes more sense to have more people watching it.
Fair point. I wonder how many salty threads the Corrin mods have had to delete.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, who's going to try and emulate some of Bayonetta's game combos in Smash? Like PPPKK (Jab, jab, jab, dtilt, dtilt).

I also foresee two "styles" for Bayonetta, based on the two games and their differing strategies.

The Bayo 1 style involves heavy use of bullet arts from a distance (sorry Shuraba lovers, the weapon's great and all but that game is built around those guns). Up close it is somewhat passive, mainly looking for that Witch Time opening to deal massive damage, sticking to short, simple combos the rest of the time.

Bayo 2 style is much more aggressive, almost constantly attacking and using Witch Time reactively. Rarely goes for elaborate combos even with Witch Time (likely due to decay from somewhat repeated use), breaking off whenever it looks like the combo will drop, firing the guns for a bit to keep the pressure on before closing in again.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I had an idea for what I'm gonna do once I get my hands on Bayonetta.

I'm going to see how many of the combos from her original game I can recreate in Smash.
Sign me up for that "recreate game combos" thing, man.

EDIT: I quoted myself to show that I had this idea before. Not because I'm stupid or anything. Heheh.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully I'm not too late for this, but..

Bayonetta's SSB4 artwork looks similar to those of her original games.

vs.

So, will Bayonetta's alt costume "A Witch With No Memories" artwork be designed differently (like Cloud) and slightly similar to her first games artwork as a nod to her first game? I would love to see this!

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hopefully I'm not too late for this, but..

Bayonetta's SSB4 artwork looks similar to those of her original games.

vs.

So, will Bayonetta's alt costume "A Witch With No Memories" artwork be designed differently (like Cloud) and slightly similar to her first games artwork as a nod to her first game? I would love to see this!

I certainly hope Bayonetta's alt costume has a different pose. It would be so cool.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
I certainly hope Bayonetta's alt costume has a different pose. It would be so cool.
I think cloud's does? I don't see why not.

I kinda feel the jeanne should be apart of Bayo 1 outfit and not the blue. Red/White outfit blue trails and a Blue outfit with red trails doesn't make since to me.

Edit: Never mind only koopalings and male/female Robin change pose.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm a bit late but I wanted to congrats with all the people who voted her in the ballot, I personally think she's a great addition to the roster and looks a lot of fun to play with!

It' funny because i actually received her game just two weeks before the direct so at her reveal I was all hype :eek:
Anyway, I'm joining the "Stone club" with Bayonetta 1 (hated all the insta-death quick time event), but hopefully with Bayonetta 2 I got better and on 2° apotheosis I've always got at least a gold trophy.

Tayman

Smash Apprentice
At first their going to a bunch of phony Bayonetta mains , after she is released for a month we can find who really mains her

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I need to play more of Rosa....honestly I literally just tried her for a few minutes after I unlocked her lol. Mainly because I was short on time and I gotta shift through my backlog.

Last edited:

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
She has the highest damage out of the three characters and uses the Bayonetta 1 moveset. However she can't take damage making her a glass cannon.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Yea, Rosa is a glass cannon. On the accessory side, I'm not fond of Bracelet of Time, on the gameplay aspect of it. Wish you don't have to hold the Umbran Climax button. Tap it to turn it on and tap it again to turn it off.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The ultimate disappointment of the Direct is the dearth of Enzo representation shown.

I mean, if they can show a trophy for Cereza who does near nothing except be a plot device, why not Enzo, the ultimate character?

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
The ultimate disappointment of the Direct is the dearth of Enzo representation shown.

I mean, if they can show a trophy for Cereza who does near nothing except be a plot device, why not Enzo, the ultimate character?
Guys, youre forgetting the true best character.

Luka.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Guys, youre forgetting the true best character.

Luka.
Yeah, I was quite surprised we didn't get a Luka trophy, especially since he was such a big deal in 1. Sadly, in 2, Luka didn't really do a whole lot, besides being comic relief, or to give some back story on certain things.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/687683102924247042

Bayonetta 2 is getting a standalone release (so without Bayonetta 1 included) on February 19th. That's the same day that Fire Emblem Fates comes out in North America, so maybe that's when the two new characters be released? (otherwise, it's a pretty big coincidence)
Well direct says "Get to know Corrin before FE Fates". And now they are saying " Play Bayo 2 before Bayo comes to smash". Both games Feb 19... hmmm to make both statements true the 19th could work.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Interesting. It makes more sense to release just one patch with both characters together, and then release them on the same day too. So yeah, Feb 19th sounds reasonable. At least Bayo 2 is getting another release this time around though. Nintendo probably saw the demand to play the game.

Last edited:

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
Glad Bayo 2 is getting a re-release since a good portion of the Smash fanbase is pretty unfamiliar with the series. Also it would help give people a good idea how Bayo will feel in Smash.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Fantastic news. Bayonetta must be Ninty's Bae.

Makes sense to help increase sales. The game will surely reach 1m now. ;p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I think they should make both Bayonetta 1 & 2 downloadable in the Nintendo eShop, if they haven't already.

Anyhow, I don't know if I will be able to buy Bayonetta and Corrin in Smash when they release. I'm in a bit of a financial pickle right now, due to post college expenses, which is why I haven't bought Cloud yet. [Shrugs] At any rate, I plan to buy Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta at the same time, most likely in March. The one I'm looking most forward to playing is Bayonetta, because of her long-ranged attacks and overall speed and combo potential. I'll probably spend a few days in Training Mode before jumping right into For Glory. [Shrugs] Eh, maybe I'll just buy her first in February, then Corrin and Cloud in March.

Hmm...I wonder how Kamiya would react if I asked him if he had a favourite book author, as well as a favourite book genre--if he reads much at all. I fancy it would at least be different from the "fav game?" question he constantly gets.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think they should make both Bayonetta 1 & 2 downloadable in the Nintendo eShop, if they haven't already.

Anyhow, I don't know if I will be able to buy Bayonetta and Corrin in Smash when they release. I'm in a bit of a financial pickle right now, due to post college expenses, which is why I haven't bought Cloud yet. [Shrugs] At any rate, I plan to buy Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta at the same time, most likely in March. The one I'm looking most forward to playing is Bayonetta, because of her long-ranged attacks and overall speed and combo potential. I'll probably spend a few days in Training Mode before jumping right into For Glory. [Shrugs] Eh, maybe I'll just buy her first in February, then Corrin and Cloud in March.

Hmm...I wonder how Kamiya would react if I asked him if he had a favourite book author, as well as a favourite book genre--if he reads much at all. I fancy it would at least be different from the "fav game?" question he constantly gets.
Bayo 1 and 2 are already sold on the eShop store ever since Bayo 2's release.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saving the Bayonetta IP was a huge risk for Nintendo and I'm so glad it's paying off for them.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, I'm sold.
There's no reason to not get the game.
With that being said, I'm still going to hunt for the two disk pack.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Ehh...It's paying off for US at least.
Doesn't seem like Nintendo has turned much of a profit for it.

But at least they have done something with it.
:4falcon:
Don't remind me of F-Zero. Or Custom Robo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom