• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone else interested in Bayonetta's victory theme and poses? In the direct Lets hit the climax's was played right before they showed off one of her victory animations, but me personally I think her victory theme could be...

while I hope her signature kiss and
could be her other two victory poses.
I completely agree with you on the poses. Not a fan of the music tho. I feel like it should be mysterious destiny if you use B1 costume and tomorrow is mine if you use B2 costume. Tbh I won't really mind the victory music.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I see her victory theme being the snippet that plays at the end of every Infernal Climax in Bayonetta 2.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyone else interested in Bayonetta's victory theme and poses? In the direct Lets hit the climax's was played right before they showed off one of her victory animations, but me personally I think her victory theme could be...

while I hope her signature kiss and
could be her other two victory poses.
If one of her victory poses is NOT her signature kiss, I will consider Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash a failure.

...okay but seriously i will be upset if it's not there

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Nvm guys found the victory theme i think... starts at 2:26 in her trailer im okay with this.

Yeah I one hundred percent agree if her kiss isn't one of her victory poses me and sakurai are gonna have a problem.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Jubelieus is pretty easy IMO, just takes forever. The only time I ever died on the final bosses were those dumb final QTEs.

Ugh. I failed the Baldur one like three times.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nvm guys found the victory theme i think... starts at 2:26 in her trailer im okay with this.

Yeah I one hundred percent agree if her kiss isn't one of her victory poses me and sakurai are gonna have a problem.
I'm happy about that theme.

Yh I'll join you on your problem if the kiss won'thappen. It 110% has to be in Smash..

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'm hoping "Fly me to the moon" will make it into the game.. such a missed opportunity for Sakurai to not add the one winged angel theme ( Sephiroth ) in the Midgar stage

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm hoping "Fly me to the moon" will make it into the game.. such a missed opportunity for Sakurai to not add the one winged angel theme ( Sephiroth ) in the Midgar stage
The tracklist for the Umbran Clock Tower was already confirmed, and "Fly Me To The Moon" was not in there. Copyright's a *****.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just beat Bayo 2 again. It's waaaayyyy easier than the first game. I only got one stone trophy and that was because I died once to the boss in chapter 2 (which was literally the only time I died during the story). It also seemed a lot shorter, but iirc the first game also had 16 chapters, so they could around be the same length. I still beat the game in literally 2 play sessions, though.

Aesir/Loptr was easier than I thought he'd be. I didn't die to him at all. He's more difficult than Jubileus, but not that much more. I used Alruna (I think that's what the whip is called) and Salamandra. I used the whip to space him out until I got close and then decimated him with the Salamandra. That's probably my favorite weapon combination in the game.

The story was very touching at the end, especially the Balder stuff.

Overall, the Bayo games are fantastic and I cannot wait for February to come so I can play Bayo in Smash

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just beat Bayo 2 again. It's waaaayyyy easier than the first game. I only got one stone trophy and that was because I died once to the boss in chapter 2 (which was literally the only time I died during the story). It also seemed a lot shorter, but iirc the first game also had 16 chapters, so they could around be the same length. I still beat the game in literally 2 play sessions, though.

Aesir/Loptr was easier than I thought he'd be. I didn't die to him at all. He's more difficult than Jubileus, but not that much more. I used Alruna (I think that's what the whip is called) and Salamandra. I used the whip to space him out until I got close and then decimated him with the Salamandra. That's probably my favorite weapon combination in the game.

The story was very touching at the end, especially the Balder stuff.

Overall, the Bayo games are fantastic and I cannot wait for February to come so I can play Bayo in Smash
Bayonetta 2 was indeed way easier than Bayo 1. I played Bayo 2 before 1, and I was thrown off by the difficulty. Loptr/Aesir was a way harder boss than Jubileus, though. I died to Aesir more than 5 times, and I died to Jubileus once. Like I said before, Jubileus was underwhelming. C'est la vie. Also, I agree with you. February can't come soon enough. Heheh.

Last edited:

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
Bayonetta 2 was indeed way easier than Bayo 1. I played Bayo 2 before 1, and I was thrown off by the difficulty. Loptr/Aesir was a way harder boss than Jubileus, though. I died to Aesir more than 5 times, and I died to Jubileus once. Like I said before, Jubileus was underwhelming. C'est la vie. Also, I agree with you. February can't come soon enough. Heheh.
Aesir is hard due to lack of audio or visual cues for his attacks. Not to mention unlike Jubileus,Aesir has attacks have fast start up. Making the fight a pain to Pure Platinum without Bracelet of Time. Mask Lumen is no different with the lack of cues. Which is one of my biggest issues with Bayo 2's combat system compare to the first game

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Out of curiousity, how many death QTE do you think Bayo 2 has... So far that we talk about it, so far there is only 2.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Is it better to play Bayo 2 before Bayo 1 because of the difficulty?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I say it is. It gets you used to the fighting style so that you have an easier time

btw, I LOVE how you can try a move out before buying it! What game does that? Heel Slide felt a bit too awkward for me and I wouldn't have guessed how some of the moves worked otherwise

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just beat both Bayo 1 and 2 again, and I still prefer Bayo 2 over 1. For some reason, I get more DMC vibes off of Bayo 2 rather than Bayo 1, I don't know why. Some bosses are stupid with how quick they can attack, but the regular enemies are still fun to fight. Now, time to master using Jeanne. Being able to activate Witch Time with just Moth Within intentionally is hard. For now.

If you already have experience playing games such as DMC, or any other Platinum action game, I say go with Bayo 1. The story flows better in my opinion. Even though you could totally play the games in either order, and the story will still make sense. If you don't have much experience, then Bayo 2 is a good place to start.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
The tracklist for the Umbran Clock Tower was already confirmed, and "Fly Me To The Moon" was not in there. Copyright's a *****.
Yeah tell me about.....Sigh... wishful thinking on my part, But such a missed opportunity in my opinion oh well as long as my wifu comes out next month i'm set.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You know, it should be a rule that whenever a Bayonetta ditto happens it should always start with a dance-off.

It's the Bayonetta Clause

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You know, it should be a rule that whenever a Bayonetta ditto happens it should always start with a dance-off.

It's the Bayonetta Clause
On the other hand, is it not also in Bayonetta's character to shoot the other guy while he or she's mouthing off?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
On the other hand, is it not also in Bayonetta's character to shoot the other guy while he or she's mouthing off?
The first thing that Bayonetta does when she sees a Joy pretending to be her is to start a dance-off and only starting the fight after the Joy reveals itself so =V

Bayo shoots you if you're monologuing, dancing is ok.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Go check the Corrin board, and look at the thread "An entire thread in defense of Corrin". Someone there complained that Bayonetta was another swordfighter because, even though she doesn't use a single sword attack in Smash, she used swords in her source game, thus making her a swordfighter.

TL;DR: Yes. Yes, they would.
Sorry to quote on an old post...
Not only that, some still complain her being too sexy, and even doubt if she was the ballot winner.

Last edited:

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
This wait is killing me. So since Bayonetta's F-throw, Up-throw, and get up attack weren't showed off and iv'e been theory crafting. I think Tetsuzanko would make a great F-throw (I really want this) kinda like Shiek's F-throw. And break dance should be get up attack and if you hold A you should spin longer and shoot. Up throw... no idea. Anyone else got moves they still want in the game that could be one of those three animations.

Edit: Just the shoulder push animation of tetsu.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This wait is killing me. So since Bayonetta's F-throw, Up-throw, and get up attack weren't showed off and iv'e been theory crafting. I think Tetsuzanko would make a great F-throw (I really want this) kinda like Shiek's F-throw. And break dance should be get up attack and if you hold A you should spin longer and shoot. Up throw... no idea. Anyone else got moves they still want in the game that could be one of those three animations.
Wait, I could've sworn I saw Bayonetta's up-throw. It was, like, a backflip kick. Did I just imagine that?

Other than that, your ideas for the other moves are pretty good. I would love to be able to breakdance as her get up attack, especially if it ended with her posing if you held it long enough like in her source games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is only vaguely related, but what's the best Devil May Cry game to start with?

I got the HD Collection because I wanted to see what the Bayonetta games were based on, but I'm finding the first game really clunky (you can tell it was originally supposed to be a Resident Evil game). I can't find any ways to effectively dodge and I'm stuck on a shadowy lion boss who's way too agile for me to hit effectively and does massive damage with each attack.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
DMC1 is very... old. It's when cuhrazy action games games were still discovering themselves. It's good, but it's very simple compared to the others. 2 is bad, don't play it. 3 is considered the best by a lot of people, and 4 the best by the rest. 4's got a more complex fighting system than 3 with style switching and all that jazz, but 3 does the story and atmosphere better. And the bosses are a lot more fun in 3 imo. Them Vergil fights, baby.

So to answer your question, probably 3. It's technically set before all the other games anyway, so you're not missing anything plotwise.

Last edited:

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
Personally I say start with 3 SE or 4 SE
This is only vaguely related, but what's the best Devil May Cry game to start with?

I got the HD Collection because I wanted to see what the Bayonetta games were based on, but I'm finding the first game really clunky (you can tell it was originally supposed to be a Resident Evil game). I can't find any ways to effectively dodge and I'm stuck on a shadowy lion boss who's way too agile for me to hit effectively and does massive damage with each attack.
Personally I would say start with 3 SE or 4 SE. However finish the first game to fully enjoy the changes in 3 and 4. As for 2 skip skip it, that game is garbage to say the least.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
DMC 3 and 4 SE are the best of the series. 3 had good plot and gameplay, while 4 improved on the fighting mechanics. DMC1 was the first of the series, so yeah, it is going to be rough around the edges.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
DMC1 is very... old. It's when cuhrazy action games games were still discovering themselves. It's good, but it's very simple compared to the others. 2 is bad, don't play it. 3 is considered the best by a lot of people, and 4 the best by the rest. 4's got a more complex fighting system than 3 with style switching and all that jazz, but 3 does the story and atmosphere better. And the bosses are a lot more fun in 3 imo. Them Vergil fights, baby.

So to answer your question, probably 3. It's technically set before all the other games anyway, so you're not missing anything plotwise.
DMC 3 is my favorite in the series and the first one i actually beat on every difficulty. Plot wise i believe the games go 3,1,4,2....

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Would love to see Panther Within worked into her missing moves somehow. It would've made a great dash attack animation but Stiletto is not a bad choice either.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Would love to see Panther Within worked into her missing moves somehow. It would've made a great dash attack animation but Stiletto is not a bad choice either.
Maybe ledge get up attack or ledge roll? Forgot about those as well... endless possibilites.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Yea, that's not going to happen at all. Don't have that reflexes as it gets faster by each harder difficulty. I'm very satisfied with Platinum for being a one handed gamer and yes I'm part handicap in real life.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yea, that's not going to happen at all. Don't have that reflexes as it gets faster by each harder difficulty. I'm very satisfied with Platinum for being a one handed gamer and yes I'm part handicap in real life.
Dude, congrats! I have no idea how you did it. Thats waaaaaay better than my own playthrough.(mostly gold +silver) Must have been hard for you, but well worth it.

Last edited:

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Yea it's hard. Mostly because of the lack of speed relexes and the fact of the 4 shoulder buttons. Been playing video games since the NES era with that same one hand. Ever since the Playstation 1 era, I had to use a different body part to take care of L2/R2 situation. That part is my chin. N64 however made it completely unplayable for me.

So in reality, the game controllers are always rested on my chest/stomache, the left joystick is my thumb, the 4 face buttons are my index finger and at times my middle finger, R is unusable in my Bayonetta 1/2 playthrough since I never lock on to an enemy. L is my thumb whenever I use Umbran Climax. Same with ZL for switching weapons.. And ZR for my chin for maximum reflex that I can get out of for dodging. And my Bayonetta 2 controls are on Type B as I'm used to Bayo1 controls.

And you probably already got an idea how I play Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl/4. And I used the GC controller for that game.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Yea it's hard. Mostly because of the lack of speed relexes and the fact of the 4 shoulder buttons. Been playing video games since the NES era with that same one hand. Ever since the Playstation 1 era, I had to use a different body part to take care of L2/R2 situation. That part is my chin. N64 however made it completely unplayable for me.

So in reality, the game controllers are always rested on my chest/stomache, the left joystick is my thumb, the 4 face buttons are my index finger and at times my middle finger, R is unusable in my Bayonetta 1/2 playthrough since I never lock on to an enemy. L is my thumb whenever I use Umbran Climax. Same with ZL for switching weapons.. And ZR for my chin for maximum reflex that I can get out of for dodging. And my Bayonetta 2 controls are on Type B as I'm used to Bayo1 controls.

And you probably already got an idea how I play Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl/4. And I used the GC controller for that game.
Damn, that's surreal! You make me think of an anime type charachter that can beat yo ass with only one hand. Props to you bro, props to you...

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Thank you. ^_^ For those who are interested in a friendly casual/competitive online match, feel free to friend request me. I don't do For Glory, find them boring. Lol I also prefer no items or just Smash Ball only. ^_^

Top Bottom