• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game-Inspired Custom Stages Collection (Download/Post your own)

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Awesome...you are REALLY good at this. Wow. I'll come up with more ideas soon.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Is there a schematic program/application that you're using for this, or are you doing them in mspaint or something?

I think it would be awesome if there was an easy to get/use schematic program/app that would let us all pass the time creating stages like this.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Boy, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'd been thinking about stages from other unrepresented series for quite some time. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

Here's one I was thinking about for a long while. I call it Peoria,IL.

For those that don't know, Peoria,Illinois is the traditional starting point in the Rampage games. In spite of the name though, I didn't base this off Peoria specifically, but rather to get a general feel for the Rampage stages as a whole. Overall, I think it would work well, and it will certainly be a place to put gliding, wall jumping and clinging to good use.

It may need to be scaled down, but let me know what you think.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the link! My only question is how do I turn the parts? I want angled platforms like / but all it has is \ and says there is no rotate feature?

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the link! My only question is how do I turn the parts? I want angled platforms like / but all it has is \ and says there is no rotate feature?
That's where you will have to flip the peices yourself using paint, etc. I start my stages in the stage builder then always add the final touches in paint.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet

Here's my first go at the Floating Continent from FFIII/FFVI. One of my favorite games of all time, and I think the most suitable for a brawl stage.

The drop blocks are there for the continent's tendency to break up and fall, and the moving platforms are there to help recovery on the bottom half, and to represent the Blackjack below for you to escape for a minute.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Thanks Mark. I'm thinking of some ideas for some Fire Emblem (PoR, RD) stages, as well as some more from various FFs.

Oh! I just got a rough idea for a Cosmo Canyon FFVII stage! I'll get on it.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet

So here's cosmo canyon, with lots of ladders and little houses/shops. I made sure to have Bugenhagen's observatory at the top, and the Gi Cave along the bottom as well. I think this might be a fun stage to play on, though kinda big like hyrule temple.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Here are mine. Keep in mind that a Drop-through platform is placed at the top of the block it's assigned to, so a layout like this:

will yield platforms of this actual layout:

I've provided the inspiration for most of these on the left side. I've also provided the background (Sky, Underground, or Techno), and the music I'm going to use:

I love Koopa Troopa, so I had to make this level.

I think the moving platforms will look cool coming out of his mouth like that.

Not an exact recreate, sure, but if you're playing it you'll be able to tell what it is.

Anyone ever played Lemmings? Luckily they built some ramps over the spikes.

Oh noes! Mario died!

Standard 8bit Mario.

The only way to be KOd is through the top, so people are going to get to some high percents before being launched out.

Did my own version of Axe Bridge. Had to put multiple moving platforms, as so far as I've seen, they're only three blocks long, yet I needed them to reach all the way across. If there's a way to increase the length without placing multiple moving platforms, I'm going to do that.

Here are my re-created Smash 64 stages. Hyrule Castle was always a favorite. And hey, have everyone play as Meta Knight and you can even get the tornadoes back.

Kongo Jungle.

Saffron City, another popular stage.

I like old-skool Peach's Castle.

Shame to lose Yoshi's Island.

Tetris!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Major props to Olikrom for the Metaknight Showdown stages.
Good ideas, simple design, actually possible. And its cool that the images show both the remade level design and the original level picture.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Very nice McFox! Shows that a good stage design can come from small inspirations. I especially like the koopa troopa.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
That's where you will have to flip the peices yourself using paint, etc. I start my stages in the stage builder then always add the final touches in paint.
You don't need Paint just to flip pieces, that's built in. Just select the pieces you want to flip and hit the flip button - it's the first of the 6 buttons in the lower right corner.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Thanks for sharing those stages McFox! They look great and have a lot of detail. Those decorative blocks... is there a peice you can lay so that it's behind the characters? So that it's there for aesthetics but you can't walk on it.
You don't need Paint just to flip pieces, that's built in. Just select the pieces you want to flip and hit the flip button - it's the first of the 6 buttons in the lower right corner.
I don't know if it's just my computer... but I can never really get that button to work. It only seems to work occasionally, like if I select the entire screen. Btw, I linked your stages to your blog, though I'm sure you noticed. Really awesome stuff.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't think there are any just asthetic pieces. By that, I just meant one of those larger ornamental pieces to stand in the place of DK. I'm not sure what I'll use yet, I'll have to see what my options are.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
I don't think there are any just asthetic pieces. By that, I just meant one of those larger ornamental pieces to stand in the place of DK. I'm not sure what I'll use yet, I'll have to see what my options are.
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Also, nice work sceptilian and kingofping4. (sorry, I forgot to give you props for Cosmo Canyon yesterday!) Your stages look great.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Well I know it's not exactly a game, though it did have a game made for it...

It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!

Spikes is the closest thing I had to lava so...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I was wondering about that. Also, I don't think the Flash program is the correct size. The stage builder sizes are:

8x10

11x14

14x18

Just something to keep in mind.

*EDIT* Ok, it's set to the medium size. Just remember when you're planning stages that there is the 14x18 option too, which is significantly larger.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, it's set to the medium size. Just remember when you're planning stages that there is the 14x18 option too, which is significantly larger.
The Flash editor has the other sizes also. The button to switch sizes is the one on the far right (the group of 6 buttons is in the bottom right section).

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun - Venus Lighthouse Aerie

A different interpretation of what the lighthouse aeries would look like as a stage.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
Also, a word of advice to stage makers: Those trapezoid blocks don't exist. :o
Thanks for clearing that up. I put a sort of disclaimer under the link to the editor to let people know. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people, including myself, already used that block for a lot of their stages.... oops, haha. Oh well, these are just basic ideas. We'll still make them work somehow.

Flygon3x

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Two more Pixls

For Super Paper Mario Fans:

Here's Cudge!

Here's Thoreau

Here's Thudley

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
This one might be too loosely inspired ...

Scrap Brain Zone, inspired by the stage from Sonic the Hedgehog. The mechanical-ish tileset and the fact the music is in there just begged me to make the stage. It's based off the sections near the end of Acts 1 and 2 with the pigs rolling bombs down the ramps, and the lower part of the stage was to give it more of that mechanical feel which was lacking with just the platforms. The stage is pretty playable. The stage hazards aren't excessive and people don't survive to insanely high percentages, and the flow of battle seemed to carry us all over the stage. Playing this stage with Sonic is suitably nostalgic, I think.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
It's "Game inspired" not "Game Replicas" anyway. It looks good!

I can't wait until I get to play brawl on MY Wii (it's at home and I'm not) so I can replicate the Pyramid of Power (and some more as well, but PoP is first priority!)

I'm trying to think of a couple more ideas, but they are not coming as easily as they used to. Sad. I'll think of something! Eventually.

MarkRoe

Smash Cadet
The Pyramid of Power is an awesome stage... I took out the ladders because it's better without them(and you can't actually fit all of them in.) Anyway, Brawl is amazing! It feels so perfect when you play it.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice!

I agree. I can almost feel the effort that went into it. I haven't played a whole lot, but from what I have, it's awesome, in my opinion.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post and thread necromancy...But I think this thread deserves a little more attention...and I'm wondering how some of these designs turned out in game! How do they actually look? Has anyone made them and taken screenshots?

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"404 Not Found" popped up when I tried to get to the link in the OP...

Although replicas are fine with me, I thought this was the "Game-Inspired Stages Collection," not the "Game-Replica Stages Collection"...But by all means, keep up the good work...^_^

As for me, I don't exactly make replicated stages, but scenario-recreations (remaking the feel of the level/stage/game)...I've already created a recreation of the Hop Hop Donut Lifts stage from Yoshi's Island (mostly falling blocks with some vertical/horizontal-moving platforms and spike areas, with a large "safe zone" protruding from the right side), and one of Tal Tal Heights (more of a "King of the Hill" type of stage, with one solid layer on the bottom, and two increasingly shorter, pass-through platforms going up, like a mountain...The top part is more valuable section because a bit below the sides of the first two platforms are spikes, but the top part poses its own threat to players, being so close to the top of the screen)...

Top Bottom