• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of the Dojo.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I know how everybody's excited about the weekday updates we receive: I'm excited about this sneak peek, as well! Though, Sakurai can't do that same thing to the site forever.

Granted, there's bound to be more than enough material for updates even after Brawl's release, which would be nigh-inevitable, anyways. But, the amount of updates he has is still unfortunately finite, which raises the question: what will be the ultimate fate of the Dojo site?

There's no way to know for certain until, at the very least, Brawl's realease to the general public, so . . . speculation, anyone?

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
after release they might still continue posting stuff like additional items pokemon, and maybe even add some tips/tricks or sumthing which might actually keep the site goin for a while

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
They could keep the updates for a while, then after that while just post in a huge update everything that's missing, leave it like that for a while, then make an official, organized (as in, less blog-like) website, using almost the same wording and keeping the same pics, so we can look back and remember.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i think that for some months they will keep updatong the site until all the MAIN info of the game is available....after that maybe tehy will leave it as that.....maybe announce some tournie or some activity related to brawl....

but it will not be as lively as it is now.... not even near

(of course this is my vague guest)

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I'm not concerned about whether or not updates will continue after Brawl's release: what I'm concerned with is, he will inevitably run out of updates sometime. My question was "then what?"

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Then the site is left to die. Do people usually frequent a games site after they buy it? I know I don't. Unless it has forums, but that isn't usually the case with most games' sites.

How many of you went to Melee's site after the launch? The site is aimed at people who don't own the game not the ones who do.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It will turn into a big ad for Brawl~ Im sure they have updates planned until after the game is released...they didnt talk that much about items, stages, etc...I really want to see more item updates! Im pretty sure the Melee site had tips and tricks for characters and even announced characters you unlocked after the game was released ^^;; I checked it out a couple of times before I got everyone unlocked.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Most of Melee's site's purpose after release was releasing easter eggs and unlockables. While I think we'll get the majority, if not all, of the roster before release, there's still a handful of unlockable stage updates to handle, along with afforementioned easter eggs, and then profiling updates that come over WiiConnect24 (if they take advantage of this feature, which they had better).

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
. . . Nobody's really getting what I'm asking, are they?

Listen, what I'm asking is, "what will Sakurai do when he runs out of updates?"

Therefore, I am NOT looking for the answer "he'll just release more updates!" Or any variations!

So, let's try this again . . .

(Note, when I say "update," I am refering to the tidbits about Brawl Sakurai gives us each weekday as of current; even if he does something as silly as one sticker at a time, he'll still run out eventually. What I want to know is how the site itself will be "updated," or, rather, "redone" when such a time comes.

I do not see why it is so difficult to understand . . . )

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
umm...what do you think will happen? the site will be forgotten.
if youre eating a cookie, and you eat the whole thing, theres no cookie left to eat. what happens? absolutely nothing. its forgotten. you may remember 'that was a good cookie', but other than that, nothing happens.

Yellow Mage said:
I do not see why it is so difficult to understand...
i dont understand what exactly youre looking for. theres not much they could do. if you have an idea, share it, but besides reorganizing the site info, i see nothing else they would use that site for.

Blackadder

Smash Master
if youre eating a cookie, and you eat the whole thing, theres no cookie left to eat. what happens? absolutely nothing. its forgotten. you may remember 'that was a good cookie', but other than that, nothing happens.
That's one of the more likely things that'll happen.

I think that the site is also updating so that by the end of it, it'll nearly have a guide to the bassics and characters of the game.

Think about it, they'll have a list of characters and there bios, music in the game, and how to play stuff on it for n00bs.

If Petre is right, it'll die. Very likely.

But it could end up as a sort of guide thingy.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty easy to answer this.. after the realese of brawl not many people will go on the site after the first few weeks the site will be flooded why? because that one secreate character or item will be realased.. than it will cool back down.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
That's one of the more likely things that'll happen.

I think that the site is also updating so that by the end of it, it'll nearly have a guide to the bassics and characters of the game.

Think about it, they'll have a list of characters and there bios, music in the game, and how to play stuff on it for n00bs.

If Petre is right, it'll die. Very likely.

But it could end up as a sort of guide thingy.
These were exactly the sort of answers I was looking for: those that detail possible fates for the Dojo when every "update" has been said and done.

Blackadder

Smash Master
These were exactly the sort of answers I was looking for: those that detail possible fates for the Dojo when every "update" has been said and done.
Heh, thanks. XD
I try my best...when I can be arsed.

I argee with Blackladder and petre. The Dojo site will be left in the dust.
It probably will, yes. But um..
The best way to put it is:

Hi! My name is! What? My name is! Huh? My name is chika chika Blackadder!
Note the name BlackADDER, then check what you wrote. XD

ladder indeed...:p

M.K

Level 55
This thread is stupid. What do you think'll happen?
The website will crash into a school for bunnies, but one developer will survive, and go home to savagely beat his wife.

"IS THIS BECAUSE I OVERCOOKED THE ROAST?!?"

A cookie to someone who can name where that came from.

^oh and, the site will continue to post updates until Sakurai feels said updates done.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I think once the game comes out it'll be completely redesigned to look less like a blog. Then hints, tips, items, etc. will be posted, then the entire site will be forgotten and will act like an ad for anyone that doesn't have the game. Simple.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
That will be sad. I mean all of this from the website, then the game comes out, and it'll be forgotten.

I don't know about you guys but I'll certainly go back someday for memories sakes..... All those rumors, character suggestions, heated discussions, speculations, and dreams.... Yeah, I'll be nice to have something to remember all that.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
I'm not concerned about whether or not updates will continue after Brawl's release: what I'm concerned with is, he will inevitably run out of updates sometime. My question was "then what?"
i highly doubt hes sitting there at 11:55 going "oh man, what should i use for an update today?" no, of course not. this is a huge marketing tool and they carefully planned out every single update before the first update was created. he created super smash brothers. that alone tells you hes not stupid..

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I know how everybody's excited about the weekday updates we receive: I'm excited about this sneak peek, as well! Though, Sakurai can't do that same thing to the site forever.

Granted, there's bound to be more than enough material for updates even after Brawl's release, which would be nigh-inevitable, anyways. But, the amount of updates he has is still unfortunately finite, which raises the question: what will be the ultimate fate of the Dojo site?

There's no way to know for certain until, at the very least, Brawl's realease to the general pubic, so . . . speculation, anyone?

You said general pubic might wanna change that

Revcube 64

Smash Rookie
The website will crash into a school for bunnies, but one developer will survive, and go home to savagely beat his wife.

"IS THIS BECAUSE I OVERCOOKED THE ROAST?!?"

A cookie to someone who can name where that came from.
Oh, Family Guy! Airport '07, if I am not mistaken.

The Dojo will stop dead probably. No point any more.

Top Bottom