• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The friendly dinosaur, all alone. Yoshi character discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aren't you the dumb guy that thinks Knuckle Joe is good. You need a backhoe for that hole you're digging.
Lol your trolling is so pathetic, Oasis. This is almost as worse as the nickname you made for me because you don't know how to read. :facepalm: :laugh:

On topic, Boshi is more of a Mario character than a Yoshi character due to the game he first appeared in.

D

Deleted member

He is identified as a Yoshi, & is "The" Yoshi's rival
He's a Yoshi character
/discussion
Until he appears in a Yoshi game and repeatedly appears in the series, he is NOT a Yoshi character.
Just like Waluigi is not a Wario character.

Being a minor rival to a character in one game outside that character's series doesn't make him of that series.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
You see, your points are not convincing me that I'm wrong, I will stand by my logic that if he is a Yoshi, he belongs to the Yoshi franchise.
/TheEnd

D

Deleted member

Fine then. Then I stand by my logic that Mega Man Legends isn't a real Mega Man game and for that reason, it was a good thing 3 was cancelled.

Whatever you say will not convince me otherwise. :troll:

cloud9

Smash Cadet
Convince me that I'm wrong & I may admit it, go ahead try.
Boshi has never appeared in a Yoshi game. Just because he is a Yoshi does not make him a part of the series. There are humans in Call of Duty. Mario is a human. That does not make him a Call of Duty character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, Birdo is pretty intelligent. With being able to lay eggs with her face.

:phone:
That's actually called stupid, not intelligent, when a creature does something wrong.

So wrong it breaks biology

jigglover

Smash Lord
Listen, Boshi IS a mario character, and I WILL NOT add him to the OP, do you want to start discussing the characters now?
@asage, shy guy is the third character in the OP.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is why we should drop the series rep icon thing and have each characters use their own individual icons

jigglover

Smash Lord
.. I don't like that idea. So, peach has a mario has a mario hat, Luigi his supersucker whatever from luigi's mansion, Peach a crown and Bowser some fire. That's easy, but what about Fox, Falco and Wolf? Besides, if there is a thread about that in the general discussion, I don't want it on this one and just want to talk about Kamek, Baby bros., Shy guy and Baby bowser for once.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's actually called stupid, not intelligent, when a creature does something wrong.

So wrong it breaks biology
...That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. I hope you're kidding when you say that.

Listen, Boshi IS a mario character, and I WILL NOT add him to the OP, do you want to start discussing the characters now?
@asage, shy guy is the third character in the OP.
I saw, but still: Shy Guy's one of my biggest wants in the Super Mario/Yoshi series. I'm allowed to say what I want. :mad:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You see, your points are not convincing me that I'm wrong, I will stand by my logic that if he is a Yoshi, he belongs to the Yoshi franchise.
/TheEnd
Just because you don't think your wrong doesn't mean your not still wrong.

It doesn't matter because why the hell did anyone think Boshi was a realistic idea.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A frog is an amphibian, a lizard is an amphibian and lizards have evolved from dinosaurs. Chickens also evolved by dinosaurs. By your logic, not only is a frog a dinosaur, but a chicken is a lizard.

Objection!

But yeah, Boshi is not a Yoshi character, seeing as though he did not appear in a Yoshi game in his entire existence.

D

Deleted member

GAIZ.
THE YOSHI KID FROM PAPER MARIO TTYD IS TOTALLY A YOSHI CHARACTER.
I MEAN, HE IS A YOSHI!

AND THE YOOB FROM M&L PiT? TOTALLY A YOSHI CHARACTER.

Y U IGNORE THESE GREAT OPTIONS?!?

/logic

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Now I want the Yoshi Plush from Link's Awakening for SSB4.
Also since this thread is about Yoshi's characters there is one I just thought about :

The stork (Yoshi's Island)

Appearances :
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, in this game the Stork and Baby Luigi have to be rescued from Kamek and Baby Bowser.
-Yoshi Touch & Go, every game mode begins with Kamek smashing into the Stork and escaping with Baby Luigi, the goal being to get back Baby Luigi and give him and Baby Mario back to the Stork.
-Yoshi's Island DS, in this game the Stork is the most important ally (outside of the babies) to Yoshi, carrying the babies that Yoshi don't use and helping him to switch between them at places named the Stork Stop.

With the Stork being able to transport the babies, we can assume that he/she is able to use their abilities like Yoshi does, this allowing us to represent the babies without being forced to change Yoshi's moveset when also representing two other unlikely newcomers.
So if he make it he will be able to use :
-Baby Mario
-Baby Peach
-Baby DK
-Baby Wario
-Baby Bowser
-Stork Stop to switch between them
-Superstars as a Final Smash.
-And maybe the abilities to use the clouds and bubbles from Yoshi Touch & Go.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. I hope you're kidding when you say that.

I saw, but still: Shy Guy's one of my biggest wants in the Super Mario/Yoshi series. I'm allowed to say what I want. :mad:
How the hell is that dumb, it's true

D

Deleted member

Because creatures, real or ficitional, can have different biological processes.
Just because a fictional dinosaur shoots eggs out it's mouth doesn't make it stupid (nor does it make it intelligent either).

What's next? Pikachu is stupid for being able to produce electricity from it's cheeks?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because creatures, real or ficitional, can have different biological processes.
Just because a fictional dinosaur shoots eggs out it's mouth doesn't make it stupid (nor does it make it intelligent either).

What's next? Pikachu is stupid for being able to produce electricity from it's cheeks?
I know, that part was a joke.

The joke was his biology is so absurd, and also Birdo is so stupid it doesn't know how to lay eggs out of the right end

jigglover

Smash Lord
Now I want the Yoshi Plush from Link's Awakening for SSB4.
Also since this thread is about Yoshi's characters there is one I just thought about :

The stork (Yoshi's Island)

Appearances :
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, in this game the Stork and Baby Luigi have to be rescued from Kamek and Baby Bowser.
-Yoshi Touch & Go, every game mode begins with Kamek smashing into the Stork and escaping with Baby Luigi, the goal being to get back Baby Luigi and give him and Baby Mario back to the Stork.
-Yoshi's Island DS, in this game the Stork is the most important ally (outside of the babies) to Yoshi, carrying the babies that Yoshi don't use and helping him to switch between them at places named the Stork Stop.

With the Stork being able to transport the babies, we can assume that he/she is able to use their abilities like Yoshi does, this allowing us to represent the babies without being forced to change Yoshi's moveset when also representing two other unlikely newcomers.
So if he make it he will be able to use :
-Baby Mario
-Baby Peach
-Baby DK
-Baby Wario
-Baby Bowser
-Stork Stop to switch between them
-Superstars as a Final Smash.
-And maybe the abilities to use the clouds and bubbles from Yoshi Touch & Go.
I actually like this idea. Though I would make it so that he alternates between babies while swooping down and pecking random characters (like metroid as an AT), I don't believe he has any kind of chance though, but I will put him in the impossible character thread.

@Opossum I still stand by my argument that chickens are REPTILES then, you wonder how I used to get in the wildlife quiz every year at school..

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know, that part was a joke.

The joke was his biology is so absurd, and also Birdo is so stupid it doesn't know how to lay eggs out of the right end
That doesn't make her stupid. If she can lay eggs from her face, then she obviously eats food by sitting on it. She knows what she's doing.

:phone:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
And then this thread got more attention than the F-Zero one, when a second Yoshi rep is very unlikely at this point, or any point, actually (except for maybe SSB5/6, then it can get a sticker).

For anyone wondering, no, I am not hating on Yoshi and his series, I am just upset at the fact that alot of people here seem to hate on F-Zero

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, most of the posts here seem to be just arguing over specific characters are viable/Yoshi characters. With F-Zero, it's more concrete, I guess.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, most of the posts here seem to be just arguing over specific characters are viable/Yoshi characters. With F-Zero, it's more concrete, I guess.
Actually, I was just checking the previous pages, and yeah, thank God this kind of thing dosen't happen with F-Zero lol.
I mean, Boshi being a Yoshi's Island character just because he's a Yoshi ?
What's next ? Waluigi being a Luigi's Mansion character just for being his rival ? Or Snake being an F-Zero character because of the 'rivarly' that the community has made between him and Capt. Falcon ?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, I was just checking the previous pages, and yeah, thank God this kind of thing dosen't happen with F-Zero lol.
I mean, Boshi being a Yoshi's Island character just because he's a Yoshi ?
What's next ? Waluigi being a Luigi's Mansion character just for being his rival ? Or Snake being an F-Zero character because of the 'rivarly' that the community has made between him and Capt. Falcon ?
Captain Olimar could be an F-Zero character since they're both he's a captain like Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

Fox and Falco are F-Zero characters because of that one ending in Command, and because of James McCloud and Captain Falcon.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Captain Olimar could be an F-Zero character since they're both he's a captain like Captain Falcon.
Fox and Falco are F-Zero characters because of that one ending in Command, and because of James McCloud and Captain Falcon.
DUH, how could I forget !?
Am I some sort of idiot or something to forget that Fox, Falco and Olimar are all F-Zero characters ?!
I've failed, and now I'm a weakling.
Please forgive my failure-ness, but we must keep the Great Falcon's series out of here, since this is a thread for the guy who's only purpose is to get thrown in a pit Yoshi.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm surprised, I think that this thread is actually the thread that has advanced quickest about SSB4, considering it was made literally two days ago and there is already over 6 pages.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
On the topic of Birdo,a baby never came out of those eggs,and the ones colored like a pink yoshi egg only make items,he can also make eggs at will,kinda like chickens that makes useless eggs,so those eggs are most likely excrements,and if you think throwing your excrement out of your mouth is unnatural or stupid,you should refer to birdo's egg as some sort of "vomit".Owls can't digest hair and bones,so after digesting,they vomit it.

And I want the Baby Bros.,if that doesn't cause black holes for them to fight Mario and Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom