• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fourth Triannual [Symphony of Scales] - A Robin-Only Tournament

Xevshak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xevshak
Hey, I think I'd be down for playing this
Name: Xevshak
NNID: Xevshak
Robin Color: Male, sometimes Black

Platinium

Smash Rookie
NNID
MGPlatinium
There aren't that many Robin players on FG (which is what I end up playing the most), so I don't get as much ditto practice as I'd like. Should be fun!

Name: Platinium
NNID: MGPlatinium
Color: Leprechaun Green

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
This should be an awesome opportunity to see other playstyles and improve, can't pass this up.

Name: @ Duzzzyy Duzzzyy
NNID: Duzzzyy
Robin Color: Female

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I am no Robin player but I recently got interested in playing her. (mainly because I'm a FE fan) I'd like to join this tournament to understand the character better. I hope you don't mind if I step out after I lose though, I'll probably have troubles staying for more than 2 hours.

Name: @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo
NNID: yoshiboo62
Robin Color: Pink

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
No worries, play for as long as you can; you'll just give one glad person a bye. And allow me to welcome you to Robin. :demon:

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could join, but my internet is really ****ty before 2 AM most of the time :s
If someone can record some matches I would be interested !

Also, I wonder if people from Europe and America can play together without terrible lag ?

Last edited:

LavenderSkeletons

Smash Rookie
NNID
LavenderSkeleton
There might be a chance I'll be able to join! I may or may not get back home on the day of the tournament, but I'll pray I get home from my holiday on the Friday before.
I could finally get my ass handed to me by a Robin, other than another Sonic, Mario or Fox...
Joy of joys!

Name: LavenderSkeletons
NNID: LavenderSkeleton
Colour: Pink to make the boys wink (and let their guard down)

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I am sooo hyped for this. I will have to check my work schedule but even if I do work, I'll try to get around it. I am totally down for this.

Name: @ Célja Célja
NNID: EmperorBeefcake
Color: Yellow

I love me some Robin dittos.

Edit: I am good as far as work goes for this tournament, so I should be A-ok for this thing.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I wish I could join, but my internet is really ****ty before 2 AM most of the time :s
I have this problem as well, at least at weekends :/ if it was two days earlier, or six hours later, I could probably join this. (I'm probably the only person here for whom a weekday (not weekends) is the only really viable time to do something like this :p)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Officially de-confirmed, unless you can somehow hold my round until 6:30 EST.

Will be at work.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I be down for this unless something comes out that day but I only good in the afternoon's.

Name:Gamegenie222
NNID:Gamegenie222
Color:Default Male, Sometimes use Default Female.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
can I join even thou i life in Germany? I feel like I have to teach you guys something (smirk)

Janno
Janno123
Female Yellow

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Wow quite the turnout for this! Chat information will be up soon. Raziek if there's a bye or a drop out around that time you can get in on it.

Kuma_Shock

Smash Rookie
NNID
KumaShock
She may not be my main anymore, but I still like using Robin. Sign me up!

Name: @ Kuma_Shock Kuma_Shock
NNID: KumaShock
Color: Red

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hopefully nothing happens like my internet deciding to crap on me all of sudden (again) because I would like to join if it's not too late. I actually never entered any tournaments before. So even if this is somewhat of a low key, casual one this will be interesting for me.

Name: @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal
NNID: CardinalGP
Color: Default Female

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
Will have to prove myself as being the best Robin player some other time I guess D:. Got Tennis practice Saturday cuz we lost today. Dang it, kick me out the tourney.

Creeper3971

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshiguy3971
I'm cool with joining this if I'm not busy when it starts (I probs won't be). Nice opportunity to learn from you fellow tacticians.

Name: Theodore
NNID: Yoshiguy3971
Color: Yellow

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Signups are good up until 14:30 EST tomorrow. Sorry you can't make it Silverfox, and welcome new participants.

Edit: Updated with chatroom and deadline.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As I said, I won't be able to participate, but if anyone who doesn't have the means wants replays recorded and uploaded (no streaming, or I'd actually be taking part), you can forward them to me, and I'll upload them over the next week. Sharing replays is a thing with the latest update, so I can at least do this.

The videos will probably be 480p at best, though. 720p if my computer decides to cooperate and not drop frames, and 1080p is definitely out, so if that's important to anyone, you'll need to ask elsewhere.

also, does anyone know how to submit media to here? I can't seem to find anything pertaining to submission, so I presume it's a usergroup/permissions thing, but it could just be that I'm looking in the wrong place.

SaintxRuin

Smash Rookie
Name: @ S SaintxRuin
NNID: nitr0monkey
Color: Black Male

Never done this tourney thing before, might as well give it a shot. Would like to get better with Robin even if it means getting stomped.

Last edited:

LavenderSkeletons

Smash Rookie
NNID
LavenderSkeleton
I'm back from holiday! ...with a wonky tablet.
Talking in chat will be slow and difficult with typos...

But I can make the tournament, and hopefully I can tip some scales with you guys :4robinf:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
In the case of severe lag or latency issues, what would you recommend @ Zareidriel Zareidriel ? Restart the match? Wait till the lag stops? Let it rock and just go in?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
In most cases, you'll just have to keep playing. Here's some tips we'll go by:

It's good to check the latency against your opponent when the match first begins. If the lag seems utterly -unplayable-, quit the match immediately and bring it up with me. I'll test each user, and if either one has lag that is "unplayable" (as determined by me), that player will have to forfeit the tournament. If the lag is just "painful" you'll have to play the match.

In the case of lag spikes, it's proper etiquette to try and wait the spike out, if possible. But if your opponent attacks during the lag...the fight must go on.

And of course, save all replays, and partial-matches, and if anything about the match is disputed, you can send the replays to me. We'll have to go through any strange circumstances as they occur.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I was feeling sick today and decided to stay home, so I guess I'm in for this now.

Name: Raziek
NNID: Raziek
Robin Color: Default Female, or Red

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also, just for the record, though I love that this is using a Liberal stagelist, I will be timing people out on Pilotwings until it gets taken off the CP list. I'll have video evidence.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Bringing my rushdown Robin
Name: Wolfie
NNID: Wolfie9090
Robin Color: Green or Red
Pilotwings eh?
I'm fine with a liberal stagelist
*still mad that Lylat doesn't have jank edges anymore

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Yeah me too kinda. I liked the advantage it gave us over characters that couldn't handle the jank as well.

You guys are in. I'll make the bracket at 2:30 once signups are closed.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Count me in as well
Name: DaBeast/Michael
NNID: DaBessBeast
Robin Color: Pink or Blue

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So do we need to add each-others' NNIDs prior to the tourney?

I remember there was some confusion with that in the last online tourney I played, and I'd like things to be as concise and comfortable as possible before we get stuck in.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
There'll be time for preliminary NNIDs and tomfoolery between 3:00 and 3:20.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
@ Raziek Raziek you're certainly free to implement any Tactics you choose. If the time-out is as easy as you claim, we'll remove it for next time. Seems like it'd be easier to time-out on Windy though. I imagine we'll be seeing a few over the course of the tournament.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
No, we have had no offers to streaming up to now, though @ Moydow Moydow has offered to upload any replays you send them.

Top Bottom