• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fortress is in Brawl (podcast with gimpy up about bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I thought Gimpy didn't like brawl topics ;)

just kiddin

I thought that too Reflex as soon as you pointed that out, good eye.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Are you certain that the bodyslam is his SideB? Looked like it could be a normal throw to me.
I'm pretty sure he does it from the air at least once, so it's almost definitely the klaw.

Incidently, I think all of you are missing the big picture in terms of the klaw. Can't you see how far he can move with the throw? Eat your hearts out, Kirby and DK...Bowser is the new undisputed king of the suicide KO!

killer tofu

Smash Lord
In brawl i want to main bowser. I was hoping Gimpy would help me out next time we smash fest. I'll start practicing my up-b's now.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if everyone has heard the news, but in the Brawl boards they're talking about the removal of wave dashing in brawl. Apparently, the directional air dodge function was removed. I'm not sure if this is true or not, I'm just saying for true confirmation, I believe the first thing gimpyfish should post on his report of brawl is whether or not wave dashing still exist. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
The fortress looks just as fast(and has a sexy new sound).
Bowser Bomb still looks only useable for edgegaurding and sweetspotting so I don't care much for it.
Klaw looks amazing, I just hope that his standard throws have a bit more pushback now.

And I wonder what moves will make him untouchable.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I dunno if it's just the poor quality but the video makes it looks like the Bowser bomb and the claw have some sort of impervious frames. Suicide impervious koopa claw kills FTW! GAH! I can't wait for tomorrow and I'm not even playing it! It's like we're all playing vicarously through gimpy!

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Also check if Bowser is impervious to taking a hit from behind with his armoured shell. If not, find the nearest representative at the E for all, tell him to tell his people to tell their people to fix it ... NOW!

Oh and check if Bowser has been given a run animation, we need not any further flatulence jokes to explain how Bowser dashes like in Melee.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Not sure if everyone has heard the news, but in the Brawl boards they're talking about the removal of wave dashing in brawl. Apparently, the directional air dodge function was removed. I'm not sure if this is true or not, I'm just saying for true confirmation, I believe the first thing gimpyfish should post on his report of brawl is whether or not wave dashing still exist. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.
Wave dashing might not exist, but I've heard that you dodge the way your momentum takes you in Brawl. That makes wave landing possible by jumping forward, fast falling and air dodging, just trying to look on the brighter side of things

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is a freaking CAR when he runs, let's hope they dont remove that. The only other option they'd have for him is to plod along like he was tripping over his own feet when running, and that'd make him slow AND stupid looking.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I love you for that gimpy. Oh man you have just gotten me SO excited for brawl. It'll be interesting to see what all the Fox mains do, nice that he gets to see what it's like not being a super character for once, will all the fox mains stay him or flee like cowards to metaknight/pit/mario? It's nice to know that the characters I like the most (Bowser, Metaknight, Mario, Pit) are all looking good. OH man that update was epic, just so awesome. THANK YOU GIMPY.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
The future is looking bright for the koopa king, lets hope that when all is said and done, and the tier list is oficial and accurate, bowser will be mid to high tier.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, Gimpyfish, what's your take on Bowser's tilts? all the same? the ftilt is particulary important to me, does it have the same range, speed, hotbox, and priority? how about damage? Is the jab the same thing too? can the second jab be traded for a fortress or utilt still?

also, I still havent been answered if bowser has the red and blck colors, or any new colors to add.

Edit: I apologize if you answered this in your podcast, but currently i cannot listen to audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom