• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fortress is in Brawl (podcast with gimpy up about bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml

his getup attack is also the same (or at least the same animation)

his up tilt fair and bair have the same animation

he has a new getup attack while he is laying on his back it would seem

his ledgeroll at over 100% seems to be the same animation (based on sonic's introduction video)

his spotdodge and rolls seem more or less the same...

but

fortress is in.

good stuff

i'm going to be playing brawl at e for all i've got a 4 day pass, and i'll do every match as bowser, so everything you will want to know about brawl bowser will be answered

i'll check on fortress cancels and what not, ask any specific questions you'd like me to look for while i'm playing

*flex*

podcast with me about bowser (if you are super curious)

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/gimpy1018.wav

its short and not very informative, but i know you guys want all the info you can get

WFL

Smash Journeyman
First, before you do any fortress canceling or anything else, you definitely have to pull of a Gimpyfish combo a couple of seconds in.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
The attack from the ledge looks a little gimped imo. It doesn't go far like it does in Melee. But besides that everything looks the same.

What to check for:
-Check which of his moves leave him invulnurable. I'm guessing every attack where he retreats in his shell
-Check for Fortress out of Shield
-Flame Canceling
-Klaw
-Range of FowardTilt
-Fortress to edgehog

It's obvious you'll try all these things though.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Oh, and since I just remembered that Arash is going to be there.... you guys should do the first ever pro-level brawl bowser ditto. The epicness!
Pro Level? This game is a new slate, mate. It'll be a while before that's used, assuming the physics system isn't identical to melee's. It's a whole new learning experience.

Anyway, when is this event? I will so be all over the Bowser boards when Gimpy's gone "researching."

Edit: ^ By that I meant I will be checking frequently for any info he posts, lol.

Double Edit: Has anyone even found out if wavedashing is still in?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
You should meet up with HugS and hog a Wii so you two can test random stuff. I'm interested in this supposed "floatiness" of all the characters so if you could check that out for me I'd love you forever and ever... or I might just appreciate it.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Oh, right!, check L-canceling with the various air attacks. And just because, try to see if the spotdodge is a bit more useful now. It looks faster to me, but I believe it needs hands on testing.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the new koopa klaw, it's a body slam in either direction. His fire breath seems to be shorter in reach.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Some notes

-His moves have much better recovery from what I saw.
-Bowser Bomb seems to have faster start-up.
-Koopa Claw is faster and not as laggy. (when Bowser lands from this I think this is noticable)
-Bowser's grabs do a lot of freaking damage. 17 damage from what I saw and more flashy. The overall start up seems faster.
-Out of Koopa Claw you can do normal grabs after you land, or quite possibly all I saw were Koopa Claw grabs, but I don't think so.
-Fire seems better in ways
-Run is faster?

-Recovery still poor.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the new koopa klaw, it's a body slam in either direction. His fire breath seems to be shorter in reach.
His new klaw is amazing for damaging. It has super fast start up too, so you could probably even add it onto air combos. BUT, you're right... it's just a body slam.... it's very DI'able it seems... and it doesn't seem to have any killing power anymore on the backthrow. This means no more sexy Ledge >> KlawBackThrow kills anymore. I don't know how I feel about that.

His fire looks improved though, even if it is slightly not as far out. Am I wrong to say that it's not as vertical either? It has less recovery though, which is always nice.

Are you sure that those are not the normal grabs?
He grabbed someone and backflipped in the air at one point.

----------------------------------------------------------

What's REALLY killing me though is his UpB. Is it only me or is there more starting lag than before. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this because I can't reach my copy of Melee right now to check. Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong here.

He Fortresses in the first new vid. Someone give me some good news.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Compared to samus and jigglypuff, yes.
The only reason that Samus and Jigglypuff should die is if they get sent past the blast line. Who else can boast that outside of Peach?

I haven't been keeping up with the live demo stuff, but these are really nice things to hear. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on this thread.

's too bad Wario's not on the demo. I'd have to ask someone to test for me.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Compared to samus, jigglypuff and peach, everyone else in the game has bad recovery. The fortress is actually a pretty good recovery, reaches pretty far and once you understand how inertia and momentum afects it, it's quite easy to maneuver. I like it far better than DK's up-b.

On the subject on asking for things to be tested, could you see if they have alternate colors in the test? If so, please check what spiffy color palletes will Bowser have available!.

EDIT: Oh, yes!, it sounds crazy, but why not see if they didn't add Up trows and Down trows to the claw? It's worth a shot.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
All I care about in his koopa klaw is whether or not he can still give his opponent a good knawing before giving them the bodyslam. Nothing beats eating your opponent. And about the fortress, it still seems to be fairly fast.

AS Money

Smash Lord
At least when gimpy goes we will have a good player playing to watch if they let you record god the people on the videos suck

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hmm...I just decided to take a look at the video that Gimpy provided at the beginning of this thread. Good stuff.

Most specifically, I'd like to address this: about 1/5 into the video, Bowser appears to wavedash. Am I the only one that noticed it?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Are you certain that the bodyslam is his SideB? Looked like it could be a normal throw to me. The fortress looks a bit less awesome to me... I might just be imagining it. Bowser is so awesome. Dunno if they've been posted but more bowser goodness can be found here:

Edit - Video already posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom