• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The forgotten...

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Speaking from a With Anyone vantage:

I don't see a great deal of Ganondorf, although I feel he is second only to Falcon in "ditto potential," possibly tied with Ike.
I'd have mentioned Mario until recently because I've been seeing more of him, oddly.
Pokemon Trainer is pretty rare. Olimar and ZSS aren't so common either.
Diddy and Donkey Kong and Yoshi are rare, maybe because they're sort of obligatory rank-and-file characters that aren't particularly exciting.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I play as those characters regularly, exluded olimar and ZSS, I like normal suit, does better in free for alls and has a meteor smash. I met this awesome pokemon trainer yesterday. He was impossible, except with charizard, even then he was difficult. I could only nail him with projectiles and he mastered grabbing. He deserved respect.

I play as the pokemon trainer from time to time.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi

And DEAD serious, Metaknight. Nobody play him on here, off frees for all with random people, nobody :p

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Captain Falcon. (With Anyone) I only see him on my 2nd match when I use falcon on the 1st match and start sandbagging.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Haha, cool topic. I still play WA every day, teams though, Basic maybe once a month if I'm unable to get a match in teams. As for character frequency?

I'm in the SE region and so in order from:

super rare ---> rare ---> occasionally ---> often ---> always

Bowser
R.O.B.
Wario
Mario
Yoshi
Diddy Kong

Olimar
Ness
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Sonic

Pokémon Trainer
Mr. Game & Watch
Fox
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Samus
Jigglypuff
Peach

Ganondorf
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Lucario
Falco
Link
Toon Link
Sheik

Kirby
Pit
Marth
Snake
Meta Knight
Ike

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Luigi

And DEAD serious, Metaknight. Nobody play him on here, off frees for all with random people, nobody :p
I see a few of metaknights here in GA, they aren't common but they are not rare.

Haha, cool topic. I still play WA every day, teams though, Basic maybe once a month if I'm unable to get a match in teams. As for character frequency?

I'm in the SE region and so in order from:

super rare ---> rare ---> occasionally ---> often ---> always

Bowser
R.O.B.
Wario
Mario
Yoshi
Diddy Kong

Olimar
Ness
Zero Suit Samus
Luigi
Sonic

Pokémon Trainer
Mr. Game & Watch
Fox
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
Samus
Jigglypuff
Peach

Ganondorf
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Lucario
Falco
Link
Toon Link
Sheik

Kirby
Pit
Marth
Snake
Meta Knight
Ike
Ha, I see at least one Ike, usually more every couple of matches. Half of the suck the rest are pretty good or really good, normally pretty good. Here pits are very rare, king DDDs, warios and bowsers. Links as well, I normally see toon links.

Aibou

Smash Master
I'll make my own list:

Very Rare:

Olimar
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch

Rare:

Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Snake
Luigi
Zelda
Sheik
Bowser
Wario
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Peach
Donkey Kong

Common:

Pit
Ness
Mario
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Falco
Fox
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Used In Almost Every Match:

Kirby
Toon Link
Link
Sonic
Lucas
Pikachu
Lucario

Most Used of Them All For God Only Knows What Reason:

Ike

And that's my experience with wifi random. A bunch of fanboys spamming with the common characters, and some strong players with the more uncommon ones.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
For me there are certain characters that are more fun to use in FFAs than 1v1s. I use G-dorf more than anyone else in ffas, mainly b/c you have a better chance of KOing more than 1 person with just a simple smash. They are hard to find in ffas though, and most of them I come across, suck.

It's weird b/c alot of the so-called "high tier" characters aren't used much. ICs can't do their CG efficiently; same for DDD; Snake is boring to use in ffas b/c all you do is lay grenades and spam rolls. I'm glad MK isn't used much, simply b/c he's so f***ing annoying. But I agree with most of the lists provided by others.

Aibou

Smash Master
For me there are certain characters that are more fun to use in FFAs than 1v1s. I use G-dorf more than anyone else in ffas, mainly b/c you have a better chance of KOing more than 1 person with just a simple smash. They are hard to find in ffas though, and most of them I come across, suck.

It's weird b/c alot of the so-called "high tier" characters aren't used much. ICs can't do their CG efficiently; same for DDD; Snake is boring to use in ffas b/c all you do is lay grenades and spam rolls. I'm glad MK isn't used much, simply b/c he's so f***ing annoying. But I agree with most of the lists provided by others.
Heh, I pull MK every so often just to screw around with the noobish mind. Lol it's so funny when all the Ikes, Kirbys, Sonics, and Links get royally f***ed up by a little ball with a sword.

BSP

Smash Legend
I havent been on in a while, but my most seen are : Lucas ( almost every match has a Lucas, and people switch to lucas when you win with ness lol) Ike (duh) pit...i think that's my top, sonic too is smash balls are on.

Aibou

Smash Master
I havent been on in a while, but my most seen are : Lucas ( almost every match has a Lucas, and people switch to lucas when you win with ness lol) Ike (duh) pit...i think that's my top, sonic too is smash balls are on.
That's pretty much all there is with the addition of TL, Kirby, Pika, and Lucario. I don't play there often, but it's pretty funny to wreck those kiddies with some sparkles every once and a while. :zelda:

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I use Ike for pretty much the same reason I use ganondorf lol However I am anemic in LAGGY 1v1s with those two characters.

It's weird b/c I expected to see alot of Marios since NSMBWii came out, but I guess they went away lol

BSP

Smash Legend
no wait, put mario in super rare.

It's pretty easy to figure out who you would see in BB. If the character has spammable moves (like Lucas) a good recovery ( like Lucas) and strong smashes (like Lucas) you'll see them a lot. Mario has none of those at the casual level. lol, im not against lucas or anything, but really, he is the noob character of BB.

Mewter

Smash Master
Why would anyone use Link?
His recovery and general lag absolutely stinks. :p

The most used characters I've seen are Ike, Marth, Pikachu, Falco, and G&W.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Why would anyone use Link?
His recovery and general lag absolutely stinks. :p

The most used characters I've seen are Ike, Marth, Pikachu, Falco, and G&W.
Needs more Falcon. Link gets affected the same like the rest of characters in lag, so if you don't mind his recovery, might as well use him if someone wants to.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
*is always kirby, marth, ike* sometimes snake/mk when i want to be cheap :p

but I just got into using wario, and I love him.

pAce

Smash Cadet
Used In Almost Every Match:

Kirby
Toon Link
Link
Sonic
Lucas
Pikachu
Lucario

Most Used of Them All For God Only Knows What Reason:

Ike
This seems pretty accurate. From what I've seen, bring Peach and Zelda way up (popular characters for taunt parties) and move Lucario and Toon Link a bit down.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
there are so many Zeldas. I see Ganon a lot, Ike, Marth, Lucas is in every match. So is Falco.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Every time I play basic brawl, I see a lot of Zelda's... I'm a Zelda myself.

Silent crisis

Smash Cadet
I have NEVER seen an R.O.B (Okay now i gotta go be him :-P) and i see very few Mr. Game & watch, Bowser or Mario.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I don't find too many other Poke Trainers out there. Ice Climbers and Olimar don't get too much love either.

Top Bottom