• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Flipman"

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
oh, you're right. I completely forgot that RCO lag would probably screw this up. You're definitely right.

So that decreases this from an almost mandatory tech to a situational one. I.e., instances when you're on the ledge but don't have RCO lag stacked on you. In which case, what am I doing on the ledge anyway? Alright.

and I know, I am a huge moblem. lol

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys, the RCO lag doesn't destroy it as much as you seem to think.
And the Flipman isn't that situational.

Even though the RCO lag is messing a little bit with it, the Flipman itself is a pretty **** good way of getting rid of the actuall RCO lag.

I use Flipman all the time these days. I believe I can pull it off like 80% of the times I try.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just make sure you've re-snapped to the ledge with side-b and the RCO lag isn't nearly as terrible as if you'd just up+Bd then done this...

And the edge is nice...

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of like ledge-dashing with him in Melee. You could speed him up a ton when he's coming back from the ledge. Or you could do something that looks like he humps the stage and falls to his death.

High risk, not-guaranteed reward. But if you could do this, it would be great to mix up with the DJ+ air dodge onto stage. I think he's just gonna air dodge up after his double jump, that's when I'll grab- OH ****!

edit: I still can't do it though. :l

Top Bottom