• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first new Kirby Hat revealed!

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I was going to make a topic on this XP. Oh well and I'm guessing we can now Taunt with the Kirby Hat, considering he didn't seem to have the hammer. (Just a guess)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I was going to make a topic on this XP. Oh well and I'm guessing we can now Taunt with the Kirby Hat, considering he didn't seem to have the hammer. (Just a guess)
Well since we have more than one taunt now, I wouldn't be surpised. Maybe only the Up Taunt gets rid of his ability? But the other taunts allow you to do so with the hat on? That is, if whatever Kirby is doing "is" a Taunt.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Well since we have more than one taunt now, I wouldn't be surpised. Maybe only the Up Taunt gets rid of his ability? But the other taunts allow you to do so with the hat on? That is, if whatever Kirby is doing "is" a Taunt.

Well, yes that is where I was getting at. I'm pretty sure that was a taunt, if anyone can vouch on whether what MK was doing in that picture was a taunt, my idea would be more believable.

But now this makes me want to know what Kirby's Meta Knight hat is. XD the idea is pretty funny.

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Do u remeber super smash bros kirby? Because u could use a hammer as him but you couldnt see it. I thinking it will be just like that. :)

Hong

The Strongest
The most significant part is the news that Kirby will be able to copy the powers of Dedede and Meta Knight for the first time ever. Pretty bold statement since the very creator of this character is breaking his own rules. Though since it's just a spinoff it's a welcome change.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Do u remeber super smash bros kirby? Because u could use a hammer as him but you couldnt see it. I thinking it will be just like that. :)
I'm talking about the mallet King DeDeDe holds.

Usually the B move is copied, my guess is KD's B move has to do with the huge mallet he has, therefore I believe that Kirby can taunt while having the Kirby Hat. Unlike Melee/SSB you couldn't taunt without removing it.

And yes I know Kirby had the hammer, I play it quite a bit.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hopefully Sakurai will change his mind and give Kirby his original Hats instead of character-based Hats... hm, probably not going to happen. :(

BTW: That's not Meta Knight's taunt. That's what he does when you're just standing still.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Yeah i don't think any of them are taunting...
I love his dedede hat..:) Metas will problly be his cape...
I don't think his hammer appears untill you use it, kinda like kirby with samus' blaster in melee, or falcos gun...get it?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, if Dedede's Special B Move has nothing to do whatsoever with the hammer, Kirby would have no use of it right? Would Kirby still copy it?

In my book, that leads to a no. What do y'all think?

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Well, if Dedede's Special B Move has nothing to do whatsoever with the hammer, Kirby would have no use of it right? Would Kirby still copy it?

In my book, that leads to a no. What do y'all think?
i would have to agree, i think that dedede's b move will be another swallow move (lol, kirby swallowing dedede to get a swallow move) but instead of copying he shoots them back out but much stronger than when kirby just shoots someone out.

of course there is the possibility that if it is a hammer move ( which seems a little redundant as well) kirby will not run around with a little version of the hammer but will instead just take it out when he uses b.

also those don't look like taunts, all of them look like they're just standing there.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
More proof of swimming in that picture too.
Maybe swim-time depends on your character's weight?

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Kirby looks like a flower :S

Oh and that picture is a good proof that fat does float on water.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Kirby looks like a flower :S

Oh and that picture is a good proof that fat does float on water.
LOL! That was great!!

Also, has anyone noticed that when Kirby gets an Ice ability these days, it's in that parka? Sometimes it's the traditional Ice hat, but sometimes it's like that. The Ice one is like Fire and spews, while this one is like a shield or something (when he uses it in his games).

I'm not 100% sure though; but it's been used at least once.

Chepe

Smash Lord
LOL! That was great!!

Also, has anyone noticed that when Kirby gets an Ice ability these days, it's in that parka? Sometimes it's the traditional Ice hat, but sometimes it's like that. The Ice one is like Fire and spews, while this one is like a shield or something (when he uses it in his games).

I'm not 100% sure though; but it's been used at least once.
Yeah, it is Kirby's Freeze ability costume now. And it was inspired by the Ice Climbers because it appeared after Melee in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. Just like Link inspired Sword Kirby's hat and Ness' hat is found on Wheel Kirby (Yoyo too, just not red)...

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I believe the Ice, Wheel, and Sword hats are all in Kirby Superstar, a long time before Nightmare in Dreamland, or at least 10 years. I can see the Parka and Hat being inspired by the Ice Climbers and Link (in fact, it's probably a certainty), but I doubt the hat is based on Ness.

I always thought it was cool to use the Kirby hats and different colors to try to simulate the hats in the game. Ever notice that the Bowser hat looks a little bit like the Fire Kirby hat, especially when you're using Red Kirby?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sword Kirby's hat is inspired by Link. In Super Star, Kirby even mimic's the original Legend of Zelda sword by shooting out energy when his life is full (for those of you who remember it, if Link had full hearts he shot sword-energy out).

The parka hat was in Amazing Mirror and most likely was inspired by his Ice Climber hat in SSBM.

I doubt Ness had any influence on his Wheel hat, and probably not his yoyo hat either.

Break

Smash Apprentice
You both fail. The Yo-yo hat is based on Ness. Mr Saturn appears in the game as one of the treasures along with a ridiculous amount of other cameo items from the Falchion to Captian Falcon's helmet. Along with the fact that his Sword costume is based on Link and such, we can safely assume his yo-yo hat is based on Ness.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just wonder why they decided to make Yoyo the blue/purple hat instead of Wheel which got the red, but eh...

Oh, and the parka ISNT from the Ice ability, its Freeze like I said - only found in Nightmare in Dreamland, not Amazing Mirror, which only has Ice ability... unsure about Squeak Squad.

gsaran

Smash Cadet
Wheel kirby would be awsome if it was like jiggly puffs roll out attack. It had good knock back too. I would love it if kirbys two specials were changed to the copied persons two specials. If you swallowed samus you would get her charge shot and missiles. It would make kirby more versatile then he would be if he only got one copied move.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
my favorite kirby from melee was roy kirby because of his stunning head of hair, so im looking forward to ike kirby.

im also looking forward to squirtle, charizard, and ivysaur hats.

ALSO, i think it would be cool if when kirby absorbs metaknight, he gets the tornado hat from the games (IMO):

I'm only saying this for MK because if he absorbed MK and got a MK mask.....he would basically look exactly like MK. (without other clothes)

Top Bottom