• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fighters in the Punch-Out series that give you the most trouble?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Not just if you are inexperienced in the fight either.Talk about fighters you had trouble beating,have trouble beating,or find it tough to pull off their weaknesses.Also,feel free to discuss their weaknesses and strategies.

For me,Soda Popinski from Punch-Out Wii( 2nd time ) is one.If I fail to take him out quick,his odd attack patterns go on too long and I can't get back on my feet...

I remember Nick Bruiser from Super Punch-Out(the last guy-or is that Rick?) giving me trouble.

And Super Macho Man from the NES game.Super Clothesline is ridiculously hard to dodge...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Title Defense Soda Popinski gave me trouble. He hits hard and his attacks come out rather fast. I think the worst part about for the fight for me is that it can get random later on, at least to me; I had trouble recognizing a pattern at a certain point in the fight. I was basically forced to beat him before the end of Round 1.

The hardest fight in Punch Out!! Wii was by far Title Defense Bald Bull. This guy gave me so much trouble purely because he cannot be KO'd unless you use a Star Punch against him and he doesn't easily give those away.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In the Wii version of Punch-Out!!, I did get clobbered by Piston Hondo (twice) and Soda Popinski while doing Mac's Last Stand. Outside of Mac's Last Stand, it has really been Mr. Sandman who gave me issues, as contender Mr. Sandman and title defense Mr. Sandman are the only opponents that I haven't been able to complete all the Exhibition challenges against.

For everyone else, I've completed all of their Exhibition challenges.

Amusingly, Donkey Kong is less difficult to handle than Mr. Sandman, since he only really brings out his big guns if you fall for his taunts. So in a way, Donkey Kong operates in a similar manner as Don Flamenco, but he does eventually perform his overhead smashes if you don't do anything to him.

Rick Sure

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrJigglypuff1996
For me it WAS Title Defense Soda Popinski, but now, it's just DK and his strange animations. HE JUST THROWS ME OFF!

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Bald Bull was the first hurdle, then Sandman, then title defence Sandman and then Donkey Kong.

I should replay the Wii version sometime soon.

CMonster1221

Smash Rookie
NNID
CMonster1221
Pretty much many of the title fights until you learn the patterns. Muscle memory at its finest.

MrFilibrawler

Smash Rookie
Bald Bull in Title Defense is ridiculous, I am still on the guy due to the fact that you have to take him out during the Bull Rush... otherwise he won't go down, that kind of difficulty curve is annoying.

Top Bottom