• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fight Is On!!! April 19th Keokuk, IA

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
TIME

11:00 am Warmups/setups
12:00 am tourney start
After that times are too vague to post
Please come by 11:00

MY NUMBER IS 319-670-0051

DATE/PlACE
Keokuk, Iowa 52632

April, 19th

VENUE

First Baptist Church Ed Building
718 Blondeau Street. Keokuk, Iowa 52632

ENTRY FEE

Singles 10$
Doubles 5$ per person

NUETRAL STAGES

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

COUNTER PICKS

Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Distant Planet
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Bridge of Eldin
Mario Circuit
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Japes
Yoshi's Story
Corneria
Norfair

BANNED STAGES

Pictochat
Flat Zone 2
Mario Bros
75m
Skyworld
Summit
New Pork City
Port Town Aero Drive
Warioware Inc.
Spear Pillar
Rumble Falls
Mushroomy Kingdom
Hyrule Temple
Rainbow Cruise
Big Blue

PRIZES

Prizes will be split between 1st 2nd and 3rd

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

TOURNEY RULES

First match of set is chosen by random.

Round Robin Pools
Double Elimination
All Matches are best of 3
3 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties Broken By Lives than percentages
Items Off

Advanced slob picks-Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double Blind Pick- may be called at any time. It's when you secretly tell a person your character than the other player does so and than the guy will reveal what characters you told him and than you have to play by those. Prevents counterpicking characters except advanced slop pick.

TEAM RULES

Team Attack is on
Life stealing is allowed

Im still debating wether I want people using wiimotes or not. I use the classical but I can see how much of a pain it will be. So I'll let everyone know soon.

Most importantly BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

If you are disqualified you will not get a refund.

Try to keep language clean

If you bring drugs alchohol or act in disorderly conduct I will kick you out of the building and won't let you back in. But were smashers...

I NEED SET UPS! PM OR POST ON THIS THREAD SO I CAN MARK YOU DOWN. Thank you everyone.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Story is a neutral stage? Is that the melee one or brawl one? If it's the brawl one then doesn't it suck? Oh and where is pokemon stadium 1 from Melee? That stage is always a neutral stage :)

-BC-

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Story is a neutral stage? Is that the melee one or brawl one? If it's the brawl one then doesn't it suck? Oh and where is pokemon stadium 1 from Melee? That stage is always a neutral stage :)

-BC-
Yoshi’s Island (the one that changes seasons) is what I think he means it's seems pretty neutral to me. Pokemon stadium I still don't see how it was neutral in Melee and the windmill change is lame. :(

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm mostly basing this off of the last tourney we went to, but possible counterpicks could be:

Wario Circuit, The Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, PictoChat, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, Corneria, and Halberd.
Delfino Plaza could be considered neutral, but counter-pick at least.
Norfair is more or less up to you, most of the people I played at the tourney ended up banning it anyway :ohwell: .

§chizm

Smash Lord
I hate you then.
Also, I wasn't sure about Rainbow Cruise because all the blocks are solid now and pretty much gimp everyone :ohwell:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If people are coming to this, I think I might make a long trip. Depending on number of people though -_^

§chizm

Smash Lord
Overswarm isn't it close to an 8 hour trip for you :confused:
You really don't even need to air dodge the big lava in Norfair, you can just shield it. The smaller lava blasts are the annoying part.
I also still need to pick a Brawl main apparently :ohwell:

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
There is strategy to playing each stage. For shadow moses island just try to kill vertically or break down a wall to kill horizontally. If you can tech very well you got the advantage. It's how you make the best of the stage. Big blue I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I swear they fixed it in brawl lol.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Dubuque is gonna try to make this.

Also, lawl at the counterpicks. Dedede's gonna **** if he gets a grab on a full bridge on Eldin, Pit and the animals will when the bridge blows.

Edit -- Tourney in 10 days...I wouldn't mind knowing the time and address so I can plan properly.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Dubuque is gonna try to make this.

Edit -- Tourney in 10 days...I wouldn't mind knowing the time and address so I can plan properly.
We should have the address up tomorrow it's between two places we're waiting to hear back from one of em. If we don't hear back from em by tomorrow. Then it'll be here

First Baptist Church Ed Building

718 Blondeau Street. Keokuk, Iowa 52632

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I'm doing what I can I got so much work to do :S Um.........if anybody has a problem with counterpicks let me know. I forgot about Dedede. Well we'll see if it's a problem i guess lol.

Honestly I just realized I don't even need pools. And if I decide to do them I'm going to make them 2 stock best out of three for times sake.

The tournament schedule for the day is extremely vague. Some past brawl tournaments lasted until 2 am 0_o I want this one to last no more than 10:30 So I'm going to do what I can to cut down time. Also there will be a break for late lunch early dinner.

On another note it's a fairly relaxed setting. We aren't on a time schedule or nothing so if It doesn't last too long than we can screw around play other games go eat or something.

And Sheer will there be housing provided? Night before or night after? Even both?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
NOrfair is incredibly evil. Plus me and sheer found it to not be very noob friendly. Because they will scramble for the vault. And you don't have to go to the vault. And you can murder them for it. And the stage has 5 stage hazards.

But............I will consider banning big blue and eldin. And I will consider adding norfair back in.

I have a question though........Why big blue? :'( Me and sheer played a bunch of matches on it and it wasn't spontaneous and random. There was four cars and they stayed at the bottom most of the match. There was no gimping of any sort.

I'll let everyone know here soon.

I need setups also thanks!

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
NOrfair is incredibly evil. Plus me and sheer found it to not be very noob friendly. Because they will scramble for the vault. And you don't have to go to the vault. And you can murder them for it. And the stage has 5 stage hazards.

But............I will consider banning big blue and eldin. And I will consider adding norfair back in.

I have a question though........Why big blue? :'( Me and sheer played a bunch of matches on it and it wasn't spontaneous and random. There was four cars and they stayed at the bottom most of the match. There was no gimping of any sort.
ks!
I dunno if I'd say Big Blue isn't Random it's very random the loops, jumps, change in the spaceing of cars. The jumps there's nothing to land on at all if you fall.

Top Bottom