• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Madoka is terrible and you all have terrible anime tastes

watch a real show like k-on, **** is so deep you plebs wouldnt understand how ~*~sugoi~*~ desu it is
[COLLAPSE="fosrs"]
[/COLLAPSE]
if you think one piece is terrible you do deserve a slap across the face, also im playing pikmin 2 for the second time, i´m planing into playing majora mask again after seeing an amazing TAS of it.l

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Madoka the best anime of 2011, hands down.
It's only 12 episodes so you don't have any excuse to not watch it.
It's anime like that which appeal to me. I don't mind those that are also 26 episodes too, but really long ones, like Inuyasha, Naruto, etc. I start to lose interest in, mostly because I feel it just drag on, even if it does get better with time, like One Piece. The only exceptions, oddly enough, are Dragonball/Z and Sailor Moon, but I digress.
also im playing pikmin 2 for the second time, i´m planing into playing majora mask again after seeing an amazing TAS of it.l
TAS runs of games are oftentimes a motivation for me to play games too. I also incorporate some of what I see in TAS videos into my own run. It definitely helped me improve my Metroid game runs, that's for sure.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
My favorite Kamen Rider Show is W, maybe you should watch it first.

Alright, I think I'll start watching taht soon.
It's anime like that which appeal to me. I don't mind those that are also 26 episodes too, but really long ones, like Inuyasha, Naruto, etc. I start to lose interest in, mostly because I feel it just drag on, even if it does get better with time, like One Piece. The only exceptions, oddly enough, are Dragonball/Z and Sailor Moon, but I digress.

TAS runs of games are oftentimes a motivation for me to play games too. I also incorporate some of what I see in TAS videos into my own run. It definitely helped me improve my Metroid game runs, that's for sure.
If you like TAS's and stuff you should try speedrunning.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace

there´s also mirai nikki (the future diary) which is 26 episodes long, and it´s about 12 people with diaries that can tell you they future or the one of others around and they are in a survival game to become God :D, also One piece is 557 episodes long now but hey it gets better and better:

from 0 to 58 meh this anime is good but i don´t think i´ll watch all 500 episodes...
59 to 100 it´s getting better i´ll give it another chance...
100 to 200 wow this is getting really epic
200 to 300 good God Eiichiro oda is a genious
300 to 400 HOLY CRAP IT JUST GETTING MORE AND MORE AWESOME
400 to 500 I ONLY WATCH ONE PIECE NOW :D

Lionman

Smash Champion
#CaptainFalcon9000 Are you watching Accel World now? :D
#Wizzrobe There are a lot of KR Shows, some are serious, others are goffy, just check the wiki

search in KRDL, is the best source of toku shows

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If you like TAS's and stuff you should try speedrunning.
I've actually thought about it, but could never think of a game that hasn't been tool-assisted already, and the time and dedication it takes could also be something I'm not entirely prepared for, considering I'm busy with other personal matters. That said, I wouldn't mind trying a TAS of Tales of Phantasia (SNES) one day; I don't think anyone's done a TAS of that at all.
there´s also mirai nikki (the future diary) which is 26 episodes long, and it´s about 12 people with diaries that can tell you they future or the one of others around and they are in a survival game to become God :D
Yeah, sounds like something I'd want to watch.
also One piece is 557 episodes long now but hey it gets better and better:

from 0 to 58 meh this anime is good but i don´t think i´ll watch all 500 episodes...
59 to 100 it´s getting better i´ll give it another chance...
100 to 200 wow this is getting really epic
200 to 300 good God Eiichiro oda is a genious
300 to 400 HOLY CRAP IT JUST GETTING MORE AND MORE AWESOME
400 to 500 I ONLY WATCH ONE PIECE NOW :D
I remember seeing episodes where a couple of years or so had already passed and everyone looks different, more mature, and more badass as a result. I wanted to get into it more, but never quite had the motivation to do so.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@SOL DIVINER

I meant realitime human speedrunning, you can do a lot of Tas type stuff in realtime too. It just takes time to learn the stuff, I myself am still learning a lot of trick that you can do in realtime.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ohhhh. Well, I did do that with Metroid Zero Mission, Fusion, and Super Metroid. I tried to do it with Other M, but then got sidetracked by other games on other systems (my PS3, mainly). I see what you mean.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
[collapse=kind of spoiler]

[/collapse]
MADE. MY. F*CKING. DAY.

also i´m still not watching accel world because i´m focused into finishing pikmin 2 with all treasures, getting 100 purple pikmin is a pain in the ***, but i will watch it because a friend also told me it was pretty awesome, and he was who got me into one piece so yeah i´ll watch it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Ohhhh. Well, I did do that with Metroid Zero Mission, Fusion, and Super Metroid. I tried to do it with Other M, but then got sidetracked by other games on other systems (my PS3, mainly). I see what you mean.
What is this other M thing you are talking about ? Is it a game ? What console has it been released on ?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I have to say, I'm guilty of actually liking the game. I like the fact that Samus actually does talk. Yeah, her personality is the very stereotype of a girl... but she is a girl. What I can admit, is not liking her fear of Ridley, considering the game takes place after Super Metroid, but before Metroid Fusion. At that point, she has fought and beaten Ridley multiple times; in the original Metroid, she fought and beaten Ridley, and in the remake, Zero Mission, she fought and beaten a mechanical version of Ridley, so that technically two encounters. Then in the Metroid Prime games, she encounters Ridley in the first game once as Meta Ridley, and a second time on Noron in Metroid Prime 3, and again later in Prime 3 as Omega Ridley, so that's three more encounters there. Then you have Super Metroid, which precedes Other M; Ridley is encountered in the beginning, and if you dealt enough damage to him, he actually runs from Samus. Again, later in the game, she encounters Ridley in Norfair, so that's two total encounters with Ridley in Super Metroid. You add it all up, that's 7 encounters with Ridley in which she defeats him in all but the encounter at the beginning of Super Metroid.

Had Other M been either a remake or a prequel to the original Metroid, and they made Samus' reaction into that of a scared child, seeing the very being that slaughtered her planet - let alone devour her parents in front of her and taunt her for it - for the first time, then that would be believable. However, considering how many times she encountered Ridley and beaten him by the time Other M took place, I would've imagine her reaction being somewhere along the lines of "how many times do I have to kill this douche king?!". That's pretty much my only gripe with the game. I really don't have too much to complain about other than its cliché and sometimes cheesy story. I can forgive that fact, however, as the Metroid series were inspired by the Alien series of movies, which has now come to be recognized for its cheesiness and clichés. True, Alien wasn't cliché at the time, but in today's age, a lot of the elements in the Alien movies, if used now, will be cliché.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Good God, i started accel world, and as soon as i saw the fat kid typing in mid air on some hologram computer thing i said "ok lionman you win, your tastes of anime are awesome!" and the fact it´s only 15 episodes long makes it better :D

Lionman

Smash Champion
Accel world isnt finished yet, right now there are 16 episodes

The main character is so good, he isnt the typical overpowered guy, the fights are pretty interesting, because they focus in strategy instead of power.

Also, check Sword Art Online, it just started but is from the same creator of Accel World, is about a ficticial MMORPG where the characters log with a kind of VR helmet, the maker of the game doesnt allow them to leave until they complete the 100 levels, if they die in the game they die in the reallity too.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Accel world isnt finished yet, right now there are 16 episodes

The main character is so good, he isnt the typical overpowered guy, the fights are pretty interesting, because they focus in strategy instead of power.

Also, check Sword Art Online, it just started but is from the same creator of Accel World, is about a ficticial MMORPG where the characters log with a kind of VR helmet, the maker of the game doesnt allow them to leave until they complete the 100 levels, if they die in the game they die in the reallity too.
isn´t finished yet? aww men watching one piece weekly is painful enough :( also im at episode 7 already and you´re right the battles are awesome.

Lionman

Smash Champion
I only watched 3 episodes of one piece, too loooooong for me :(

Also, im trying to get into a roleplaying server in SA, anyone plays?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I had a character in DC universe but i never raised him to lvl 30
Really? On what system?

I have 2 characters (maybe 3) at level 30. It sucks trying to get that platinum trophy, because it requires having 6 characters at level 30, which takes forever. Even with a boosting partner, it's tedious as all sin.

On that note, I made a Captain Falcon a while back, but because the name, "Captain Falcon" was already taken, I decided to name him, "ShowMeYourMoves". It worked.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I only watched 3 episodes of one piece, too loooooong for me :(

Also, im trying to get into a roleplaying server in SA, anyone plays?
the first 59 episodes are somewhat tiresome but trust me, it´s so worth it, i´ll post all the cool stuff one piece has without almost any spoilers as soon as i´m done with the first 10 episodes of accel world (im at 9), also if you watch one piece you need to take your time, if you watch 10 or 20 per day then as soon as you reach the current episode you start to get pissed off at the idea of waiting 7 f*cking days for just 1 episode.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Pretty late response but, you can check the regional zones forum and click on Altantic South tournaments and it shows a lot of FL tourneys coming up.
Thank ya kindly mate. I looked at the FL ones and I really don't wanna play in FL tournaments. >.<

But I could go somewhere else.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
so lionman this is why you should give one piece a try even if it´s "too long":

IT HAS
PIRATES

MERMAIDS

FISHMEN

ANGELS

PAID ASSASINS

CYBORGS

GHOSTS

ZOMBIES
(believe it or not these are zombies)
TALKING ANIMALS

SEA MONSTERS

GIANTS

AMAZONIANS

BIG BOOBS

DINOSAURS

AND EVEN GAY PEOPLE

and so much f*cking more so yeah it´s worth the shot, also it works with themes like corruption, racism and slaving, it´s also funny as hell, and you might think luffy is unbeatable furing the first 80 episodes but once you reach crocodile almost any villain can kill luffy with ease, don´t let the scary number "557" scare you off of this piece of art that even akira toriyama said he reads.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Just so you know, you can have all of the fun in One Piece without the boring by reading the manga. No crappy animation, no fillers, the only thing you lose is colours.

I have to say, I'm guilty of actually liking the game. I like the fact that Samus actually does talk.
Then play Metroid Fusion, I've been re-playing it recently and Samus has the same "Adam would blah blah" dialogues than in Ohter M, but the game is good. I mean come on, D pad controls from crash bandicoot, fixed cameras of resident evil
Currently stuck against ****ing Ridley.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Hey if any of you guys have music hacks on your stages, then can someone please explain to me how you keep the custom music in obstacle course for YI without being changed back into the actual obstacle course song after the second season thing in the YI stage changes ._.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
The Birthday Game☺
This game you combine the text of your month of birth,day and your favourite colour and then post what you got.
Pick the month you were born:

January - I kicked
February - I loved
March - I karate chopped
April - I licked
May - I jumped on
June - I smelled
July - I did the Macarena with
August - I had lunch with
September - I danced with
October - I sang to
November-----I yelled at
December-----I ran over

Pick the day you were born on:

1 - a birdbath
2 - a monster
3 - a phone
4 - a fork
5 - a snowman
6 - a gangster
7 - my mobile phone
8 - my dog
9 - my best friends' boyfriend
10 - my neighbor
11 - my science teacher
12 - a banana
13 - a fireman
14 - a stuffed animal
15 - a goat
16 - a pickle
17 - your mum
18 - a spoon
19 - a smurf
20 - a cricket bat
21 - a ninja
22 - Chuck Norris
23 - a noodle
24 - a squirrel
25 - a football player
26 - my sister
27 - my brother
28 - an ipod
29 - a surfer
30 - a llama
31 - a homeless guy

Pick your favourite colour:

White - because I'm cool like that.
Black - because that's how I roll.
Pink - because I'm crazy.
Red - because the voices told me to.
Blue - because I'm sexy and I do what I want.
Green - because I think I need some serious help.
Purple - because I'm AWESOME!
Grey - because Big Bird said to and he's my leader.
Yellow - because someone offered me 1,000,000 dollars.
Orange - because my family thinks I'm stupid anyway.
Brown - because I can...
Other - because I'm a Ninja!
None - because I can't control myself!

MINE:
I karate chopped Chuck Norris because I'm sexy and I do what I want.

let´s see what you people get XD

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I had lunch with a pickle because my family thinks I'm stupid anyway.

Man, mine sounds so bad. :(

Edit, I have to say, CF boards are the most fun so far! :D

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Metroid FUsion was amazing

Speed running zero mission is fun as ****

moekawaiiuguu

Top Bottom