• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Kick Ledge-Cancel

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
I posted this up in the Smash Wiki forum...but it isn't garnering much attention >.>

So I decided to copy/paste it here:

I found this out messing around in the Wi-Fi waiting room earlier today. If you preform a Falcon Kick in the right position (where the ending animation starts as you come to the edge), CF will skip his ending animation all together. If left alone he'll simply fall off the edge (or grab it depending on the stage). Assuming you've done it properly, right when he hits the edge you can use another move instantly. So far the only useful ones I've found are Falcon Dive, Raptor Boost, and Jump -> Aerial. Falcon Punch/Falcon Kick will pretty much cause you to SD. I just wanted to know if I've stumbled on something new, or brought an underground tech to light (since I couldn't find anything like I just described).
I don't have methods of getting it onto my computer.
However I did save a replay of me demonstrating this technique.

This replay includes (in order)

Doing nothing.
Raptor Boost.
Falcon Dive.
Jump.

Anyone care to take this replay and post it somewheres (or just take a look at it maybe)?

Edit: I messed up on the fourth attempt FYI. The fifth try properly shows a cancel -> Jump.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
yup you brought an nderground tech... this was here a big while ago, but isnce it's so random and hard to perform (you have to space right, and if you hit an opponent, you will move slower, which makes it harder to space correctly) nobody gave it much attention. i was only able to use this in battle once, i falcon kicked > up air and killed my opponent :p
this is one of falcons few combos though, so thats a plus :)

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
Well, like I said, I have a replay so I could sendz it to you so you all who are interested can review it. Just need friend/brawl codes.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i know how its done, and i must say its very handy, but pulling it off in a match is very hard....

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Is the ending part on this any different from Falcon Kicking from close to the edge way off stage, or is it just special because he can grab the edge really fast? Either way, not something we could really set up, although if Falcon Kick combo'd to knee it would be worth trying.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i think it does combo into a knee, you have to make the falcon kick end exactly when falcon is about to fall off, then you can jump imediately and follow up with something, never tried a knee though, this needs testing

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
I've done this many time swhen doing a reverse Kick for mindgames but most of it wasn't on purpose and on wifi made me commit some suicides. (Double Falcon kick -_-)

Still, I guess this could be used for something but who would follow you into this? Though this could be awesome for ledge hogging now that I think about it.

Top Bottom