• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falco SHINE GUIDE by NJ'zFinest

Qazam

Banned via Administration
no man my brother u know i really am a little crazy crazy f is 4 falco but in real life i am really

Qazam

because in real life me name is frodo wierd huh no not frodo b but frodo w w so my whole name is Frodo Willie Williamson <bam>

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
:laugh:

yo, i hope u dont get warnings for spaming. post a bunch of times isnt a good thing 2 do.
BUT
it nice 2 c a fan lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Spire said:
Very good guide. Thank you.
Thank you, i seriously think the fox/falco forums have de best guides compared to any other character specific

Qazam

hey ,man whats happinin its me again your #1 fan so far at least so did u think bout my idr i betch did i starting to write my own s@#t xept not about smash uhget me poit **** straigh fool enyway hollo bak soon lata

Platano

Smash Rookie
can anyone say awsome this guide is good stuff
this can bring up my skills a bit so i can be the best
around my place thanks alot

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Platano said:
can anyone say awsome this guide is good stuff
this can bring up my skills a bit so i can be the best
around my place thanks alot
!!! :) !!! ur welcome
oh, and qazam, this isnt a instant messaging program. the best way to talk straight 2 me is through PMing me. you kno, since everyone posts here, they dont need to see our conversatons. :embarrass

JFox

Smash Hero
FoxandFalco, quick question:

I was infinite shining a DK and he managed to DI toward me, and I ended up in back of him, shining him the wrong way. Is it possible to escape the infinite shine for certain characters, or did I do something wrong?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yes, with the correct DI, it's possible to escape shine combos. if you DI torward the shining oppenent (fox) you cut the travel distance and fox may waveshine past you. if you DI away, fox can just barely miss you to continue the combo. This is a key thing to keep in mind when playing fox as a character that's easily shine comboed. this can be counter though, if fox waveshines poorly (wavedash a short distance) or if he waveshines perfectly (wavedash at a long distance) he can keep up with the oppenent, but it's almost impossible for fox to know how the oppenent will DI.

JFox

Smash Hero
Is there anyone that CANNOT possibly get out of the infinite waveshine via DI? I was thinking maybe CF since he slides neither far nor near, making his DI not great enough to have influence. Maybe Sheik too perhaps?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
well, it depends how how fox waveshines. if u waveshing at a long length (perfect wavedash) and they DI torwards you, they should go past you and be able to escape. if you waveshine at a short or avg length, you can still drillshine them again. if they DI away, best thing to do is dash a drillshine after them. but on characters like mario and marth, DIing away is complete freedom.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
How about "Shine-turn"?

You can do a dashed shine turn to a bair--this is effective even if the shine doesn't connect and is used to turn around, for the sweet-spotted bair

Ledge-hopped Shine-turned bair--Is what it sounds like. Fall off the ledge, shine, turn, then sweet-spot bair the edge-guarding opponent, who by this point is suffering from the lag of his missed attack.

Shine-turned ledgehog--This works on CPUs--I've yet to try it on humans--but near the ledge, if you shine, turn, and wavedash back, and the opponent has immediately used their up-b for whatever reason (CPUs do!), then you'll have the edgehog already set up, or you can immediately bair, or any other such variation.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yea, ive actually been waiting for someone to mention that since not alot of players use it.
*quotes and puts in guide*
it'll add wat you said to the part where i explain "reverse waveshine"

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
You might want to credit Matt Deezie, host of one of the very first Melee Tournaments (and certainly the very first real national tournament), the "TG" series (Tournament: Go!) as the originator for the term "shine". He used to wear some sort of crazy sequin shirt he'd flash like mad whenever he shine-spiked someone (as far as I know, he was one of the first competitive smashers to use this technique to kill in a tournament, though it was around in Smash 64 so this could be way off). Before that it was just "reflector". Lame.

KillerCoffee

Smash Cadet
I didn't read all that, but it seems a very in-depth. I suppose I'd better check it out. (I never was really decent/good at Fox)

Top Bottom