• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The eternal debate: How will Brawl be controlled? CONTROLLER DISCUSSION HERE

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How I Think the wiimote could be used for smash:
b button = r & l
1 & 2 = A & B
+/- = start (the one not used could be a jump button...)
I have no idea if the control pad is sensitive enough to tell the difference between smashes 'n tilts.
The controls are still awkwatd imo.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I have no idea if the control pad is sensitive enough to tell the difference between smashes 'n tilts.
The controls are still awkwatd imo.
Nah, the d-pad isn't sensitive enough. It's like pressing the keys on your keyboard.
And the controls are awkward indeed.

500th post!1!1!! Y34HDUD3!!! gets 1000 Exp. points. Y34HDUD3!!! is now an Apprentice!!!

k im done

RDK

Smash Hero
500th post!1!1!! Y34HDUD3!!! gets 1000 Exp. points. Y34HDUD3!!! is now an Apprentice!!!
You lucky *******. :mad: Lol.

The Wiimote will be awful for Smash. I ranted about the whole controller thing for SSBB somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go quote it. The GCN controller will be the best, since anyone who is a veteran to Smash most likely already has one, and that way you won't have to shell out any extra green for that oddball Wii "Classic" controller Sakurai is pushing...

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
You lucky *******. :mad: Lol
:( :p Lol. Don't worry, at this rate you're going you'll get past 500 in no time.:)

The Wiimote will be awful for Smash. I ranted about the whole controller thing for SSBB somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go quote it. The GCN controller will be the best, since anyone who is a veteran to Smash most likely already has one, and that way you won't have to shell out any extra green for that oddball Wii "Classic" controller Sakurai is pushing...
Yeah, since my GC controllers got stolen I had to go buy some new ones for Brawl. That CC is way too much green out of my wallet. At least I could buy some used GC ones. (a new one for me, of course)

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
On the wii-remote A could be use for standard attk C button on the nunchuck for special attk
Z for shielding +and - buttons for jumping 1 for start 2 for w/e And b either for throwing or somthing else

ENDLESS POSSIBILITES!!!!!!!

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, since my GC controllers got stolen
*GASPS IN FRIGHT* :embarrass

That CC is way too much green out of my wallet. At least I could buy some used GC ones. (a new one for me, of course)
I'm sure as the Wii grows in popularity, GC controller prices will drop like a Nagasaki bomb.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Yeah :(. But let's get on topic before we get an infraction.:p

Motion sensing... Prolly will be used for the Smashes with the wiimote sideways, since the d-pad lacks sensibility.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah . But let's get on topic before we get an infraction.
Lol. I can sense Eorlingas somewhere, waiting to whack me with the SWF rulebook thread.

Motion sensing... Prolly will be used for the Smashes with the wiimote sideways, since the d-pad lacks sensibility.
Somehow, attempting to picture anyone using the Wiimote any way BUT sideways strikes me as comical.

And the D-Pad would be AWFUL for sensing the difference between 'tilts and 'smashes. :psycho:

Top Bottom