• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The end of an era

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've been around here for quite a while, and most people around here have been much more than I did. Not to mention I'm not the only who started looking at Smash Dojo daily since it opened. Also, how many people kept watching all over the net for news related to Brawl since we saw the first trailer on youtube, in 2006?

Two years (aproximately) have passed, and a lot of thing have happened in that time. We have been thrilled by every single newcomer reported on the Dojo. A lot of theories appeared about Sakurai's pattern on posting them, thus proving he works in a completely random way. We have been shocked with news such as the amazing wifi connection, the awesome stage builder and the incredible widescreen support. We have loved and hated Sakurai so many times, and we still do.

How many rumours and prophets have spread all over the net? How many false rosters and leaks have we seen? How many theories about what would the final roster look like have we seen? ChronoBound or Wiseguy are just examples of a large list of people who have tried (and sometimes succeeded) on predicting Brawl's characters, and most of us have regularly read their posts.

There have been so many fan clubs, so many support to some characters... And this is at its best momment, now that there are less than two weeks till Brawl sees the light.

This has been an era of rumours, of prophets, of predictions, of expectations, of thrilling feelings. And now... What will be left to us when Brawl is out and everyone plays it? It can easily be called the end of an era in our lives, and the beginning of a new one. But now that these days are the last of this times... How will thing turn out for us, for the character we support, for the stages and music we expect? How will Brawl be when it's finished? As Wiseguy would say...

Prepare to be amazed and astounded for the last time.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Good riddance, I say. This speculating and character supporting has made me partially insane.

I'm -more- than ready to know whether Isaac and others are in or out, who the WTF character is, how many returning and new stages we get, what the last few 1-P game modes are, and how long SSE is once and for all.

Seriously, I think once the game comes out I just won't be on Smashboards for a couple of months, except maybe to see how to unlock X, as I imagine will be the case with everyone else. But after that, we shift from speculating to discovering new strategies, techniques, and secrets, and I'll be right back here with everyone else trying to up my game.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Every better remember that R.I.D.L.E.Y. is the only reason everyone else started making these clubs.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
That was dramatic. lol

Yeah, I actually think I'll miss this time a little bit when Brawl comes out. After we've found all the characters, unlocked all the stages, mastered all the techniques... what will it be like?

I

i8waffles612

R.I.P SSBM, you hardly knew yee.... :(

No J/k It will most likely become the new Super Smash Bros 64

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Aww, doesn't it suck that all this fanboyish speculation is ending and we're going to have to actually PLAY the game now!

Crap!

gigasteve

Smash Ace
The thing is, I have waited so long that I am just prepared to believe anything right now. And watch: Brawl took over 2 years, and if Sakurai was to make another, better Smash, it would have WAY more rumors and the like, after waiting till 2017

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Ah, poor character speculation. Soon the (extremely short) era of character disappointment, then the inevitable era of character acceptance.

Top Bottom