• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The End is Nigh... (Article 13)

DrPerplexion

Smash Cadet
You may know this by now, but the EU's Article 13 is putting SmashBoards and the entire internet in jeopardy. Due to very vague legal wording, media companies could very well abuse these copyright laws and could cause the collapse of the individual content creator. The video made by MatPat from Game Theory explains in depth below. Thank You for reading, and help #SaveYourInternet.
-DrP.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
A MatPat video may not be the best evidence. Does anyone take him seriously?

In any case, I wouldn't say the whole internet, but good luck if you live in Europe.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I mostly just watch him for fun, but he has some good theories. (That's just a theory, a YOUTUBE theory)
The fact I'm fairly certain he got time dilation backwards doesn't help his credibility certainly, but, yes, he can be entertaining.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It’s a stupid article

It’s only Europe exclusive and very likely to not affect YouTube as much as we think
And besides, wouldn't be the first time some uppity little ****s tried to control the internet which has proven time and time again to be nigh uncontrollable.

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
The fact I'm fairly certain he got time dilation backwards doesn't help his credibility certainly, but, yes, he can be entertaining.
He also grasps at straws for connections, such as tiny details or something random in the script.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Only effective in Europe. MatPat is the laughingstock of gaming personalities. Do you really think this is going to be an issue?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Plus I recall most of videos we have Ben using including the music all made by USA people

And this is not there first pitch for this these usually fail regardless

Usually you tubers and media takes it too far and trick you into thinking it’s a big deal when it’s not really.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Matpat haters are just sad

Dude is awesome and puts a lot of work into what he does

HeavenWolfHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavenWolfHD
3DS FC
5155-4164-9910
As a European it could affect Youtube a lot. It depend on how the new bot will work. From what I've heard they will strike any video that they have doubt about. Copyright already make problem with video being claim for 2 sec of music being "owned" by people that don't even own the music. Just wait to see

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Only things with videos that invovle stuff made by Europeon directors is probably what’s gets affect

As a recall correct the stuff we have Ben using not made by europeons

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
Matpat haters are just sad

Dude is awesome and puts a lot of work into what he does
Like Arthur said, he may spend time but it isn't completely correct most of the time. (I watch him though, and i don't hate him on any degree. I also watch GTLive)

Last edited:
Top Bottom