• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament The Elegant Psychic: Gardevoir Social Thread!

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
5X > 5A > 8[Y]

258 damage on wall.

(too good)
A lot of characters, mainly in Power are capable of basic strings with this level of damage. Damage scaling pretty much sets a stone ceiling in this regard.

Anyway, it seems the main hurdle of playing Gardevoir is how to deal with guarding. None of her projectiles cause stagger and she can in fact stagger herself if she hits them with the wrong moves.

In field phase you'll be using charged forward ranged quite a bit as it pierces counters and deals significant push on block. In duel, using Psychic or Future Sight (low) can be great for forcing jumps that are easily shot down with her anti-air if you threaten with her back-x, which inflicts a huge amount of pushback and block damage especially when charged.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
the spam of beams all of it actually lol
The important thing to remember against Suicune is that he has zoning moves at a range that is further than yours. Keep Suicune at about the range of Magical Leaf and don't get greedy with projectiles. Play patiently and work on punishing Suicune. When they get in close, use slide to beat the grab or counter to stored power to push them back out. Once they're knocked down, lay down a Psychic to force Suicune either into shield or a jump. Locuan's post with the projectile priority will really help too, as Psyshock in particular is really good for beating out other projectiles.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Locuan Locuan did you go all Gardevoir at Dreamhack? Saw you made it decently far into your pool.
I did, unfortunately I crumbled under pressure hard by loser's semifinals. I went 1-2 versus NG Obscure in my pool, where I defeated his Suicune handily in the second match. I'm going to start looking into going to counseling to help with my mindset. I think that's my biggest roadblock right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom