• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dream Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I learned about Lucid dreaming in PSychology class.

Last night I had a dream that I had a pet snake. But then I remember I left him in my backpack for two weeks unfed so when i went to get him he was very angry and like super strong. I was fighting him off in this pillowcase and he was overpowering me and it wasn't until I fed him then he was happy again. Then when people started playing music he would slowly slither in a circle then all these other snakes of the same species joined him.. it was very weird not that I explain it.
Wow, that reminds me of the snake dreams i'd have. Where you're walking around and there are snakes everywhere. I mean, you're trying to avoid one you can see in the middle of a field and then you almost run in to another. Then you start running for your life because they're angry and venomous. :/

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Had an absolutley bizarre nightmare.

So it was raining outside. As try to start to go to sleep, I start thinking about a scene from a movie (I forget which one). As I'm thinking about it, the "scene" in my mind suddenly starts speeding up and distorting itself. I start to fear more voices, to the point where I feel overwhelmed. I try to wake up, but I can't. The voices start speeding up faster and faster-

Crash. A thunderclap wakes me up. Or so I think, as literally the exact same thing happens.

Crash. Now I'm starting to think there's something up with the thunder. This gets confirmed when I hear the thunder again. Then again. Then it starts acting like it's on a loop, all while speeding up. I start to hear the voices again. I start trying to wake up, and trying, and-

I wake up. It hadn't rained in a while

Also, am I the only person who feels what they feel in a dream? For example, if I just got punched in the face in a dream, I'll actually feel like I just got hit in the face. I'll feel this even if I wake up right after getting punched.

Y

Yodery

I once had a dream some girl looked at me, said the letter "Q", smiled, and then like, ate me. What the ****.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LMFAO^

Should I post my DREAMS?

SHOULD I!??!?!
would KINDA be embarrassing but oh well im already ****ing crazy

kk, dream #1 (i have at least 120+ of these)

it's late at night and i'm assigned to work at this wal-mart i didn't even know existed in my neighborhood prior to this dream. i work like graveyard shifts. midnight to like six am every day. my job is ridiculous. i go into these staircases found in a random aisle. in the random aisle there are these cereal boxes or whatever and i have to knock a certain number of them down, it slides open and i can just walk the staircase into this like labyrinth area beneath wal-mart. under the regular "floor" of the store there are all these metal pipes and things [twined] throughout the entire area. the whole place is raining underground. it's at a constant most of the time and it's not like the type of rain that really annoys you or you want to get out of. you just sort of get used to it i guess. since i didn't know this beforehand, im in just my normal clothes and of course they get drenched. some random white lady kind of overweight comes up to me and she's talking to me about my new job. i look around the area and there are these tvs in these plastic cases, showing all these really great cartoons from my childhood. while the lady is talking to me about my job, i'm not really listening.. just coninued to look

around the room. it felt like you could get lost down there so easily, there were so many corners everywhere i looked. from what i pick up from the lady while
she was talking is that i'm supposed to basically clean the area entirely down here. there's rust in many places and just nasty things in general, but it doesn't seem
too grimy. like, it doesn't smell down there or anything - the area actually has a really distinct smell to it like someone sprayed a bunch of fresh febreeze or something in the air. like all the rain that was falling through the ceiling of this cellar was hitting grass that just sprouted in spring. the entire area wasn't like too dark or gloomy either how you would expect it to be in a basement. i didn't see really any lights anywhere but it had that really faint glow of sunshine like how an environment
looks while it's sunny and raining at the same time.

which was very odd because there was so much metal and rust all around us. i asked the worker of the wal-mart (the lady who was explaining my job to me) why we
had to clean an area that no one ever visited besides us.. it didn't really seem like anything was going on down here anyways. she seemed sort of irked at my question.. then she said, sometimes you'll be taken to places that will give you something you least expect. it's not always best to question the things that you are presented. and she walked off and handed me a like long brush to scrub and this kind of spraying like portable bottle that i could carry around wherever i went. i start walking just randomly trying to do the job i was assigned and i feel like im going to get lost almost instantly. somehow i enter this room beneath the cellar that takes me into a room where it stopped raining and it feels like we went back up to the regular floor of wal-mart but i didn't recall climbing any steps. the terrain i was on stayed at ground level the entire time. so im just walking through and this girl says, "hey, im going on break - can you take my spot real quick? it will only be fifteen minutes" and i just say sure because i wanted to help her out and she seems like she's been here for quite a while and the way her body and voice asked she suggested that it wouldnt be a big deal. so she explains to me that i just have to sit in this chair, put on this red hat and watch this football game. i ask what football game

she says, you'll see soon enough. so i just take it and sit down. right when i do this football field pops up before me. i see my sister and her friend yaddi playing a
game and it just ended. they walk off the field and head towards me, and kaila is really upset because im assuming she lost. she looks at me and says we'll never
do it, we suck. yaddi is just crying. i say that they can, just keep on trying. then out of nowhere my mom and dad pop up and they seem pretty angry. they tell me
that im not supposed to be in this area and that some person told them i needed to go back immediately to where i was before. so i go back. when i get down there
i kind of get lost. i remember just going wherever i could following the walls corners, trying to remember everything i saw so i would know if i was going in circles.
while i was doing this i was just cleaning anything i saw that deserved to be cleaned because it was my job. then eventually i landed back into the area that i first
was in while the lady instructed me on how to work.

this time there was a group of people around my age, boys and girls. they were all sitting and talking about their favorite music, movies, books, and it was actually really nice to hear things that i'm interested in for a change from people i can easily confront/talk to. i also noticed that all the girls were wearing bikinis and were assigned to like the same job i was, as well as the guys but they were wearing just regular whatever kind of clothes. it felt like when i looked at them i saw way more than just their appearance. i saw like everything about them, their interests, their attitude, outlook on life, personality, etc etc. most of the people were decently cool, but i really had like no interest in talking to them. i just sat back and listened like i normally do in most public situations, unless someone directly confronts me. so im just walking around really, doing whatever i'm supposed to do. cleaning the walls of this cellar underneath a wal-mart where it's raining and this girl comes down the cellar. she's holding what we're all holding, a long stick with a brush at the end and a sprayer thing that can knock off rust off the walls. she's wearing normal clothes unlike everyone else who is down there that's female (wearing bikinis) then she walks up to this one random guy and starts making out with him hard. doesn't say one word. they definitely aren't boyfriend and girlfriend cause the dude seems pretty surprised by what's going on and he kind of is startled. you can tell he appreciates it but he's not really into it. the girl stops and says, cute - but no cigar. then she looks directly at me and makes this semi-exicted shriek like she saw something different in me and she runs up, wraps her arms all the way around my neck, and we start making out. she stops and says, much better! in fact, just what i was looking for. then i say, i've never even kissed anyone before. and she says, trust me - i know.

and we start french kissing and it gets really serious. the rain in the area starts to pick up really hard, it's beating down against our skin quickly but it feels fine
she stops and goes "who are you?" and I say the exact same thing back to her. she laughs and we continue. i remember saying something about her lips or something of the sort and she said yeah, you'll be seeing a lot of them. like, implying that we were hooking up or whatever and i was completely blown away/okay with it. i remember it being extremely intense and passionate, we were both really into it.

right after we just started talking to each other nonstop about everything. for some reason we knew each other off of the bat. it was like something in the cellar let
us see deeper into each other's lives and connect wayyy faster and deeper than we would anywhere else. like we were directly looking into each other's mind or
persona - their entire entity or being. all i remember is us both smiling and talking about music and each other/random **** for a really long time and the dream ended

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

So it was raining outside. As try to start to go to sleep, I start thinking about a scene from a movie (I forget which one). As I'm thinking about it, the "scene" in my mind suddenly starts speeding up and distorting itself. I start to fear more voices, to the point where I feel overwhelmed. I try to wake up, but I can't. The voices start speeding up faster and faster-

Crash. A thunderclap wakes me up. Or so I think, as literally the exact same thing happens.

Crash. Now I'm starting to think there's something up with the thunder. This gets confirmed when I hear the thunder again. Then again. Then it starts acting like it's on a loop, all while speeding up. I start to hear the voices again. I start trying to wake up, and trying, and-

Also, am I the only person who feels what they feel in a dream? For example, if I just got punched in the face in a dream, I'll actually feel like I just got hit in the face. I'll feel this even if I wake up right after getting punched.
Painful dreams. I've had a few. I remember one, a long time ago. i was standing on a bridge overlooking a small, muddy river. Out of nowhere, I get pushed off the bridge in to the river, to find myself surrounded on all sides by crocodiles. A big crocodile swims to me and bites me in the arm and it doesn't hurt. the small crocodile, however, swims up to me, nips me on the hand and it really hurts. That was my first experience with a painful dream.

Second one was the one I explained before, where my stomach got torn out my a monster. That one hurt beyond belief. @.@

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I once had a dream some girl looked at me, said the letter "Q", smiled, and then like, ate me. What the ****.
Obviously mistook you for the Quartermaster.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Had a dream that someone was explaining the continuity of the Metroid series to me while I was eating a bunch of fruity flavored Tootsie Rolls.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Had a dream that someone was explaining the continuity of the Metroid series to me while I was eating a bunch of fruity flavored Tootsie Rolls.
You would have finished your tootsie rolls long before he finished explaining it if he was talking about the continuity of the LoZ series. :smirk:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
D...did they consider Other M canon?

Because then that would've been a nightmare.

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Warning, kinda depressing stuff here.

I've always had the notion that one day my father would suddenly snap on my entire family. When my mother and him argue, you can tell there's something in his head about to blow off. He usually slaps himself violently to let steam off. I dreamed that day came.

I was at my family's beach house (I haven't been there in years, I don't even know if we still legally own it, but anyway...) when my parents got into a heated argument over some stupid **** like who's bringing what towel to the beach. My father physically hits my mom for the first time, screaming while he does in rage. I ran upstairs cause I figured I was next for some reason. I dialed 911 and it told me to dial the full local number which I didn't even know. On the second floor there's a balcony, and I heard my dad running up the steps. Scared to death I actually jump off the balcony somehow handing on my feet with absolutely no damage. I run down the street screaming for help but in this dream there's not even anybody else but us in town. The rest from then is a blur, but at a point a remember my dad picking me up on his right shoulder and throwing my against the house.

... Am I okay?! I mean, my parents are fine. A healthy couple. I love them. Don't let the depiction of my father from this dream apply to how he really is. It's just the rare times that they get into arguments, things get out of hand. Horrible, horrible stuff. I woke up crying.

Y

Yodery

I also had a dream I was one day walking down the local street like there was something wrong with me, and like, in the background, I can hear music by a band called The Pixies playing. I kept walking, and everything got foggy, the music stopped, and it started to rain. The second it started to rain in my dream, I got anxious as hell, and I started to cry.

I then woke up, but I wanted to fall back asleep so I can tell myself in the dream that I was an idiot.

@Kellz
Wow that's terrible.... I recently lost my older brother to suicide, and I often dream of like, images of him very depressed, and eventually taking his own life... I wake up just feeling... idk.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman

I don't literally "feel" it, but, like, let's say I dream i'm at school talking to someone, and someone punches me on the shoulder to wake me up, i'll dream the person i'm talking to in my dream is punching me in the shoulder.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I dreamed that I was in the DS9 episode Past Tense during the climactic scene when the National Guard assaults the Sanctuary district. Quick recap of the actual episode: Commander Sisko and Dr. Bashir get sent back in time to early 21st century San Fransisco, where areas called Sanctuary districts have been set up for the unemployed, but they've degenerated into a living hell of poverty and crime. A man named Gabriel Bell is killed trying to help Sisko and Bashir, and this man was supposed to protect a group of hostages a few days later when a riot breaks out in the Sanctuary. To protect the timeline, Sisko assumes the role of Bell and protects the hostages. The National Guard eventually storms the Sanctuary, and Sisko succeeds in keeping them safe, restoring the timeline.

I was Commander Sisko in the dream, which meant that I was supposed to be Gabriel Bell in that timeline, but for some reason I was away from the hostages when the Guard stormed the Sanctuary. Another man named Michael Webb kept them safe, and everything looked fine. Then, another man named B.C., who didn't like Webb, shot him and killed him out of jealousy. The Guard opened fire again, and in all the shooting a Guard member manning a machine gun in the corner was killed, slumping over onto the weapon. The weapon started firing, and killed everyone in the room, including the hostages.

Mission failed, no more Federation.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I had a dream where I was shot in the back once. It hurt so much that it woke me up, and the pain in my back was really intense, to the point that I thought it really was injured. I got up and took a shower, hoping the hot water would help relax it.

Only sort of worked. I had a pretty stabbing pain there for the rest of the day. Was really weird.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So I've had a really disgusting dream and it creeped me the **** out. Anyways, I went to this place and looked up the definition to some of the stuff that happened.
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

According to this nothing in my dream was a subconscious of what I wanted but symbolic of something else. I have no clue if this is true or not though so take it as it is.

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Had a dream I reported a post on SWF.

Exciting.

:phone:

z00ted

lol, dreamdictionaries
you didn't post the dream :[

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, my usual dislike for dream interpretation notwithstanding, I find it incredibly unlikely that you can find the meaning of your dreams in a dictionary devoid of all personal context.

Salad

To see or eat a salad in your dream suggests that you need to express your feelings and take in the positive influences in your life needed for personal growth. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are longing for nature and good health.

To dream that there is a bug in your salad represents worries and concerns about your health.
Are they serious?

z00ted

LMFAO I would love to sit there and write a few interpretations on that site.
Nice avatar, Mr. Bob-San.

z00ted

Trust me, I've had worse. LOL but u'll never kno!!!!!!! cuz i wont post ;0 jus lik u
made up dreaaams?????

cannedbread

Smash Lord
so have you guys ever dreamed while a tv or something is on in the background and your dream sort of follows whats happening on the tv

like one of my favorite dreams ever was this scary as **** survival thriller sort of scenario where i was in a forest and i was barely surviving and ****, wild wolves around the corner and i can't tell if they hear me and i'm just trying to get away from the forest alive, for some reason i left my tv on mtv hits and hollaback girl by gwen stefani came on just as the wolves found me, i'm running for my life and getting mauled by wolves and fighting them back with my rusty machete while IT'S BANANAS, BE AY EN AY EN AY ES

i've also had some crazy dreams while falling asleep to music

Top Bottom