• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Down Throw Throw Down

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's Down Throw is wicked beast. If they're at low percent, D-throw to Raptor and BAM they get thrown in the air to follow up with an aerial or, if you're fast and know the spacing, a Raptor spike. D-throw to timed Falcon Kick is wicked as well.

Of course, these are not the best follow-ups.

At high damage, like 30-40 and up, the D-throw positions them in the air in front of you. This is where KoJ comes into play. It is as if this is how KoJ was MEANT to be played. It rarely fails after practice. You're in the middle of the map, use your speed to get in there...now they're dead.

Grab, hit, d-throw. Now they're at the end of the map. Then KoJ and BAM. They lose a stock.

D-throw to Dair is also wicked, but at lower damage. At lower damage they go wicked close so you SH Dair and then attack them. It's actually positive to D-throw to Dair to D-throw to KoJ. It works wonders.

So yeah, the D-throw is wicked. Discuss.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
yep, the CPU AI really gets destroyed by Falcon's combos.

...that is what we're talking about isnt it

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
More like local tournaments and fellow Brawlers with a nice little reputation and fellow peers who either are or Brawl with recognized players <3

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
More like local tournaments and fellow Brawlers with a nice little reputation and fellow peers who either are or Brawl with recognized players <3
Except you're wrong. dthrow to knee works only with terrible DI, same with dthrow to dair. As the raptor boost after dthrow I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the same case as the other 2 follow ups.

It's a good throw, but certainly not as good as you're making it out to be. You even missed falcon's best follow up to the dthrow, the uair.

EDIT: LOL, dthrow -> dair- dthrow -> knee. You wish lol.

Iwan

Smash Ace
If Dthrow>>dair>>Dthrow>>knee worked....I'd be the best player in the world. Because I'd never lose.

But it doesn't work. Thanks for trying though...always welcome (C'mon guys....little harsh on the new guy....jeez).

lol

Ozzie23

Smash Cadet
Falcon's Down Throw is wicked beast. If they're at low percent, D-throw to Raptor and BAM they get thrown in the air to follow up with an aerial or, if you're fast and know the spacing, a Raptor spike. D-throw to timed Falcon Kick is wicked as well.

Of course, these are not the best follow-ups.

At high damage, like 30-40 and up, the D-throw positions them in the air in front of you. This is where KoJ comes into play. It is as if this is how KoJ was MEANT to be played. It rarely fails after practice. You're in the middle of the map, use your speed to get in there...now they're dead.

Grab, hit, d-throw. Now they're at the end of the map. Then KoJ and BAM. They lose a stock.

D-throw to Dair is also wicked, but at lower damage. At lower damage they go wicked close so you SH Dair and then attack them. It's actually positive to D-throw to Dair to D-throw to KoJ. It works wonders.

So yeah, the D-throw is wicked. Discuss.
Sorry, I'm kinda new here and there are way too many acronyms. KoJ=???

seshun

Smash Apprentice
I find it more useful this way.

Dthrow>Dash foward quickly into a short hop(dont jump out of the down throw! Just downthrow into dash then jump REALLY QUICK IT TAKES PRACTICE.)>Nair>Uair or Nair> whatevr you want baby. it really works. I ***** a marth with this combo.

the reason i say it takes practice because for some stoopid reason falcon has a little lag after the down throw. And you have to time the dash so lag from the down throw wont mess you up. If you doit right, you will immediatley dash after the down throw allowing the impossible.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
No love for the true combo Dthrow -> Falcon Punch -> Dtaunt? I can't believe you left that one out.

Also, TheKeyKidKombo (Dthrow -> Dash Dance -> Trip -> Backroll -> Dtaunt -> Jab -> Chase -> Edgeguard -> Reverse Punch -> Recover -> Chase -> Knee -> Knee -> Knee -> Knee -> Knee -> Recover -> Dtaunt -> Knee -> Knee -> Edgeguard) is always a sure kill.

Mad skillz yo.

Top Bottom