• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Double Super Wavedash

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
Just tested this out in frame advance and it is not possible to do a Triple SWD. I was really hoping it would be possible. =(
I think it should be possible if you turn around after the initial DSWD. The backwards crawl is what messes with momentum so SWD - crawl back - turn - crawl back should result in the Triple SWD.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
this is cool.

also a question along similar lines:
can you still load cancel like in melee? (from SWD off the ledge giving you extra momentum)
I haven't been able to land it, but I wasn't sure if that may have just been because the timing in P:M was slightly different or not.

(for those who don't know what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdpNVPYuK4c)
I have done 2 things similar to this.

1 which is most relevant is started the charge cycle before reaching the ledge during a SWD.
What happened in my case was my charge had just started, so the momentum was carried through but I didn't even realize what was happening and I died. It was during friendlies. needless to say we paused and laughed our asses of for a minute.
I'm sure if you precharged it like phanna does in the video you posted you could do something similar.

2nd was you just lay a bomb during the SWD. Your momentum is carried in the air. So as far as practical application it's the same imo. I've done this to get some really stylish edgeguards/spikes on my little bro. Salt levels to the max.

-

as far as the DWSD that Hylian originally posted about, I've been able to go back FARTHER than where I was initially standing. Including staying in crawl mode so its like speedball from Metroid Zero Mission. lol

here is a video of me doing the technique. I do it like 3 times in a row.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Do a SWD and face the direction you plan on travelling. At any point during you flying across the level crouch and then do a quarter circle back to the direction you were facing. If you did it right you will know.
So, if I'm facing right, then SWD right, do I crouch+Control Stick Left, or crouch+Control stick right?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Crouch and quarter circle left. You just SWD in any direction then crouch and quarter circle the other direction. e.g., SWD to the left and then crouch quarter circle to the right to DSWD.

Top Bottom