• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dojo: Revealing too much? (Debate)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It's interesting how some people were complaining we weren't getting too much information and now some people think we're getting too much. Don't go to Smash Dojo if you don't want to get spoiled. To me, Smash Dojo's good and helps to know what the game's going to be like.

Croco

Smash Lord
I don;t think Sakurai has spoiled too much yet.
The information/content he has given us might only be 10-20% of the game.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I'm bumping this to the top of the first page because JJFMJR's computer only let's him see the first 3 threads apparently. Either that or he's blind.
Hopefully JJFMJR see's this post.

pirkid

Smash Lord
12 weeks and 2 days. (74)
Take away weekends, 2 days per week. (50)
Add the occasional double update. (Variable X=0.5*12) (56)

17 characters. 15 Final Smashes + moves.
(37.6%)

10 How To Plays.
(11.8%)

7 Game Modes, 2 of them are videos.
(8.2%)

10 stages.
(11.8%)

9 items. 5 (6) assist trophies. 2 (3) Pokemon balls. 18 total.
(21.2%)

7 music tracks.
(8.2%)

1 notice, also a video.
(1.2%)

85 total.
(100%) (3.5% videos, not including trailer)

Using prediction, we can expect:

9 or so new characters, 12 moves/smashes.
5 new techniques, 7-9 new stages.
12 items. 5 new music tracks.
4-6 new story revelations.
2 new game-play videos.
Another trailer. (Hopefully from the conference coming up.)

If that's spoiler for you, then go camping.

uberpwnage43

Smash Cadet
this is a great topic. In my opinion, the dojo does spoil alota stuff. Of course, like alot of other ppl hav said, just dont visit the dojo if u dont want spoilers. Of course, i cant help my self and i always end up looking at the site very morning just to c whos gonna b in the game

Takalth

Smash Ace
Don't go if you don't want spoilers.
Process for posting on a forum:
1) Skim the first post
2) Assume that nobody else has said what you intend to. Don't check to see.
3) Carefully avoid reading any post that may counter your response. You can't risk the discomfort of having to think.
4) Write your post.

I only use your quote because it's the most recent, but tons of people are guilty of this.

Guess what...Not only has your comment been made before, but it has been shot down, as you'd know if you spent a few minutes reading before posting.

As I (and others) have said, if you don't want Brawl spoiled, you'll pretty much have to stay off of most of the Internet and away from other smashers. Big announcements like new characters actually generate their own news story on half of the gaming websites in existence. If you go to a local SmashFest, you'll probably overhear a conversation about Ike vs. Marth or some such.

Now, if you want to argue with the point I just made, great. Just don't pretend that it was never posted.

BTW, for the record, I like the spoilers. I just get tired of people who think that people ought to read their posts but they shouldn't have to read anyone else's.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
who cares how much they reveal or not reveal.
the game is still going to kick ***, and every single person that posted in this thread is going to love it, regardless

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
12 weeks and 2 days. (74)
Take away weekends, 2 days per week. (50)
Add the occasional double update. (Variable X=0.5*12) (56)

17 characters. 15 Final Smashes + moves.
(37.6%)

10 How To Plays.
(11.8%)

7 Game Modes, 2 of them are videos.
(8.2%)

10 stages.
(11.8%)

9 items. 5 (6) assist trophies. 2 (3) Pokemon balls. 18 total.
(21.2%)

7 music tracks.
(8.2%)

1 notice, also a video.
(1.2%)

85 total.
(100%) (3.5% videos, not including trailer)

Using prediction, we can expect:

9 or so new characters, 12 moves/smashes.
5 new techniques, 7-9 new stages.
12 items. 5 new music tracks.
4-6 new story revelations.
2 new game-play videos.
Another trailer. (Hopefully from the conference coming up.)

If that's spoiler for you, then go camping.
Sakurai's mindgames are too much. The Metaknight update was something a lot of people didn't expect. Sakurai can do many things we don't expect as well. That's why I stopped predicting him. He doesn't have a set pattern on what he does.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
You Fail!

Hello everyone, I've been watching this forum for a while and finally made an account. So, here's my first thread:

I have somewhat of a debate for all of you: Do you think the Dojo is telling us too much before the game comes out?

Here's a two basic sides of the argument that I have come up with to start:

Yes, we are learning way to much from the site's constant updates. While some of them are short and don't ruin much (items), other ones that detail characters and their moves feel like too much of a spoiler to me.

No, I'm not saying we are not finding out enough, but the info given to us on the site, for the most part, is incredibly simple. The two or three sentences about each detail do not go in depth as much as most of us here would know (for example knowing hit boxes and timings of moves, etc). This leaves much speculation to be had about anything told to us.

Feel free to elaborate on either of these answers to this question, or come up with one that is completely different. Have fun!
NO! simply dont visit the site or fourmes until the game comes out:mad:

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
To me, Smash isn't really one of those games that can be spoiled all that easily. Granted, they're spoiliers, to a degree, that are revealed on the site. But the only things that might bother me or actually "spoil" anything for me would be direct plotline, from the Subspace Emmissary. The type of things usually revealed don't really bother me, they're stuff I enjoy learning, for the most part. The items and how to plays don't ruin much, and are a great tactic on Sakurai's part to keep everyone interested in a game that, for an '07 release date, is really pushing the envelope. I think a lot of people, before we knew for sure, would've expected, or at least hoped, to see Brawl Q3 at the latest, but that's not the case.

That said, it was pretty exhilirating to see those new character introductions in the trailers, and try to get glimpses of the new stages, and I'm sure I'm gonna be excited as hell when i unlock the characters that we're not told.

I guess, in summary, I like the Dojo updates. The daily weekday thing keeps us interested and talking about Brawl, which was the point, and there's enough time to make it mostly little updates that don't spoil too much. However, some updates give a little too much away, particularly new character introductions. Returning character confirmations I don't particularly mind, but I'd definitely prefer not to know all the new characters before i even get the game.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
dojo is just right we get just enough info to keep us informed but not too much to spoil anything major (which i dont see how it can be spoiled aat all seriously its a game i dont give a **** if its a total suprise or not all i want to do is play the **** thing) keep in mind that the dojo site is just another way of marketing and keeping brawl in the publics eyes, no news= lack of intrest, really bad rumors, and the game wouldnt get as much of a following, the dojo site is grat the way it is and for people sayin its reveals to much just look at to days updat yep thats right metak knight i mean come on if u didnt know he was in the game ur a *******, not all the updates are gonna be super ground breakin but if u feel that updates like this are just too much then go hide in the closest and dont come out till december 3

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
I would agree with some about Sakurai giving away too much. But I honestly don't mind. I mean, I would rather know who will be in Brawl now than finding out when I get the game.

Top Bottom