• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I can't believe it, I still can't believe it. We got the dog, we got DUCK HUNT!!! Better than we could've imagined even! But sadly, there were other casualties, at least from who I was hoping to see (pretty much anyone from the DK franchise), but the Duck Hunt dog does make up for it... Now to go brag to all of my friends, heheh.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I must admit the Duck Hunt situation was something that hadn't crossed my mind until recently when everything started coming out, but now I'm very glad to see him.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Duck Hunt Duo saved the roster. They really did it. I really don't want B&K anymore.

I still think the overpresented gunmans a little bit...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Duo saved the roster. They really did it. I really don't want B&K anymore.

This is exactly how it was to me. Starfy, Toad, Meowth, Tingle, or Dixie Kong would have saved the roster for me too... but all of them were deconfirmed and Dixie is a no-show for some reason and I was still going to buy the game even though I sorta liked the roster... but I never expected Duck Hunt Dog to actually get in... and because of the dog and duck team, I'm completely satisfied with the SSB4 roster. Duck Hunt Dog truly was the underdog and I'm beyond hyped that the character most people considered a joke and extremely unlikely actually got in!!!!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus

I think it could be a Japan thing. In Japan, there were the light gun games, and Duck Hunt was among them. In the US, Duck Hunt stood out on its own much more because it was bundled with the NES... So for us, seeing Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley stuff incorporated into the moveset seems a bit obscure, but as part of the overall Zapper series of games, it's quite fitting.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
YAY, i wanted him in the game but i was thinking he can't made it, glad i was wrong

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy Mr. Peepers along with some back up is in the game as a fighter. I'll be happy to play as him, screw what people say about him being in the game. I'm content with the roster and his addition.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can't wait for Duck Hunt Uprising and Dalmatian gets his own character slot in Smash 5
Underrated comment is underrated.

Real talk DHD is easily one of the best newcomer additions to Smash 4. I knew he had huge potential for a quirky, fun moveset but it looks like Sakurai and company went above and beyond my expectations.

Can't WAIT to get my hands on him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DHD is top in the line up of characters I want to try for my main

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
A confession: I didn't expect DHD to appear, and certainly didn't expect to like him. But he is near the top of the list of new characters I want to try out after seeing him for a bit today.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't expect any of the characters I want to try and main to appear in the game but they were all nice surprises

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know anything at all about the character (I started playing video games pretty late okay) but seeing him in Smash really is making me happy about his inclusion. I love dogs for one, and his move-set is just so unique. I might even main him idk.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I keep hearing about a Dalmatian color.

If there's an image I would like to see it as Dalmatians are my favorite breed.

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
I feel Duck hunt dog is more so representing the NES era with some of his attacks that are not related to his game.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I feel Duck hunt dog is more so representing the NES era with some of his attacks that are not related to his game.
More like just the Zapper series. Sorta like how Ice Climbers had a stage with the fish from Balloon Fight, combining other similar retro games.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I'll admit, before, I wasn't so hot about Duck Hunt Dog.
But you know what? Now that I see him in action, he seems surprisingly fun to use. So I'm gonna use him.

And I'm gonna mock and laugh at my enemies.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...when can we expect @ Arcadenik Arcadenik to finally change your avatar and replace it with this 2014 cute-ass duo?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Duck Hunt Dog's final smash is clearly their most awesome feature. However, aside from this obvious winner, what do you all think is Duck Hunt's most hype inducing move?
For me it is the hogan's Alley can. It is just so unique and fitting, I'll use the crap out of it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Duck Hunt Dog's final smash is clearly their most awesome feature. However, aside from this obvious winner, what do you all think is Duck Hunt's most hype inducing move?
For me it is the hogan's Alley can. It is just so unique and fitting, I'll use the crap out of it.
The moveset, and the fact that they're the closest I'll get to B&K in Smash (they even have a ****ing recolor for it!)

Also, these guys are cute as ****.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The moveset, and the fact that they're the closest I'll get to B&K in Smash (they even have a ****ing recolor for it!)

Also, these guys are cute as ****.
I agree, but I was asking for 1 move that you find particularly awesome!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree, but I was asking for 1 move that you find particularly awesome!
Oh! Sorry, I totally missed the "move" bit, there!

Honestly I love the Up and Side Smashes the most. The way the dog cowers in fear with wide eyes, etc. is pretty adorable, and it just looks like a cool attack. I also love Fly Away for how simple it is. And all of their other specials are pretty interesting. Want to know if there's any special properties on the clay disks, or how the can will really work.

Also the jab attack looks like Rat-atat-rap and almost brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry, this character has just been making me pretty emotional. Instant main. Team Shulk Hunt.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh! Sorry, I totally missed the "move" bit, there!

Honestly I love the Up and Side Smashes the most. The way the dog cowers in fear with wide eyes, etc. is pretty adorable, and it just looks like a cool attack. I also love Fly Away for how simple it is. And all of their other specials are pretty interesting. Want to know if there's any special properties on the clay disks, or how the can will really work.

Also the jab attack looks like Rat-atat-rap and almost brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry, this character has just been making me pretty emotional. Instant main. Team Shulk Hunt.
I'm so happy with his smashes. They are basically exactly as I envisioned them.

Top Bottom