• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hmmm

Hayate no Gotoku?

Well actually that anime is long as hell........
Indeed...52 episodes for season 1 with season 2 currently going...

Speaking of which, with Teczero's Nagi and JustNoOne's Shana, could we be seeing a new trend with Rie Kugimiya characters? But since I mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised to see avatars of Louise, Flora, the lesser Moe-ful Alphonse, the return of Taiga, among others poping up...

Edit: On a couple of days in the last two weeks, I wents around 40 hours without sleep on each of those days. And to top it off, on one of those days, I also wents around 30 hours without food... :p Minato can comfirm this...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I have NO idea. I haven't gone to bed earlier than 4:30 in like 9 days or something

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
^that's pretty legit.

also, I think I'll watch kannagi, it sounds like something I'd definitely enjoy =3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Indeed...52 episodes for season 1 with season 2 currently going...

Speaking of which, with Teczero's Nagi and JustNoOne's Shana, could we be seeing a new trend with Rie Kugimiya characters? But since I mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised to see avatars of Louise, Flora, the lesser Moe-ful Alphonse, the return of Taiga, among others poping up...

Edit: On a couple of days in the last two weeks, I wents around 40 hours without sleep on each of those days. And to top it off, on one of those days, I also wents around 30 hours without food... :p Minato can comfirm this...
See now I miss my ZnT avys :(.

I don't know Flora out of your list I forgot that character or just haven't seen it *shrugs*

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

Wait wait....

Lemme get this straight...

thirty hours no food?

40 hours no sleep?

wtf............... were you doing?

LMAO thats some CRAZY ****.

Vts - are you looking for a specific genre of anime or you don't really care?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol, it's not about how easy or hard it is. btw it's....not that hard to go without sleep for a while if you're doing something interesting; food is MUCH harder, but it's still not impossible to do.

more importantly....what was so interesting you went without food and sleep for that long? xD

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
going without food isn't too hard
all you need is water and your good (does water count?)
i remember playing rpgs all day without eating from morning till next day
i usually don't notice until someone comes up to me and says so
plus you usually don't eat at smash tournies anyways until its over
well i don't at least

i need sleep, the most i have done is 30 hours but those were for finals
then passed out and woke up at 11pm then enjoyed being a night owl as always for break

just to stay on topic suzuka is a pretty good "sports" anime
also hayate no gotoku is amazing

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Basquash! (the aforementioned Basketball anime with Rie Kugimiya as Flora) is actually much better than I originally expected before watching it. I was watching 8 ongoing series this spring season, and Basquash! is one of the four (Haruhi counts as one of the four) that I'm actually caught up with on a weekly basis (the other four, I still haven't seen the third episodes for, since I stopped due to finals). So yeah, I think Basquash! is amazing. The story's pretty unique as well, with very little of the stereotypical plot points in its story. I've already suggested it to Minato, and I would also suggest it to you guys as well.

And Hayate no Gotoku is so random! XD I love it!

And the answer to kirbyraeg's question will probably not surprise you. But here's the story:

On May 20th, I work up a little before noon. I tried to get sleep around 1:30 AM on May 21st (prior to this, I was actually watching Hayate no Gotoku XD), but I couldn't, due to anticipation for the potential of a new Haruhi episode. So during the time that I should have slept, I decided to rewatch the first 7 (chronological) episodes of Haruhi, in case Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was true going to air (while I ate the last bit of food before going on my unintentional "fasting" period). I finished those 7 episodes at around 9 AM, leaving 40 minutes until Japan airs the next Haruhi episode. So I waited a bit while surfing around to see if I can find a live stream of the episode airing. Then after it finally aired and having watched it, I spent the next couple of hours talking to various people on various forums, or on IM. Then at around 4 PM on May 21st, I went to a local weekly mini-Smash tournament at a local Play n Trade store (still haven't ate a thing). There, I talked to some of the anime-loving Smashers there about Haruhi's new episode. I got home at around 10 PM, but I still didn't sleep or eat anything. I, instead, not online to talk more about the episode. And I also decided I wanted to start subbing the latest episode, starting with some karaoke subs for the new ED, for fun. I ended up doing this until around 2-3 AM on May 22nd, which was when I feel asleep (since I just couldn't stay up any longer due to lack of sleep and no food). I didn't eat until I woke up until around 3 PM on May 22nd, which was when I got something to eat (I think it was actually a little over 30 hours of no food). So there you have it! HARUHI being the reason, which shouldn't be a surprise.

Next new Haruhi is expected to be on June 18th, at 11:40 AM EST, 8:40 AM PST.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ya animesuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> animea
animea site and forum has almost everything anime related for direct download
animesuki just has unlicensed anime torrents but has more activity

edit - omg that sounds ridiculous but amazing

what group do you fansub with?

edit - nevermind. i skimmed didn't catch the for fun lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'll be watching every Haruhi episode raw, first, since I already know the story, then rewatch it with CoalGG, since they release fast and has decent quality (but they use way too much un-needed slang in their subs), then rewatch it again with a.f.k. (the original fansub group of the first season), since their translations are top notch in accuracy and quality (they just release it a little late, since they translate everything, including the credits and stuff).

Edit: Oh, I thought you were asking what group I download to watch... LOL

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah i saw this list on animesuki earlier today

i will probably watch/look into
Tokyo Magnitude
Canaan
Taishou Yakyuu Musume
That whole ****in fourth row, but especially Seito no Ichizon

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Tomoyo is mine

i like your new avi though

who's going to AX?

edit - i just read that they are airing haruhi on a japanese station with subtitles here in socal. i wonder if they are airing the new episodes.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
String Clannad avatars... again. =D

i just read that they are airing haruhi on a japanese station with subtitles here in socal. i wonder if they are airing the new episodes.
I don't think so, though it would be awesome if they did. Save us the trouble from the subbers that has a chance to miss sub.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
steel like ryou like now cause she has cards and predicts stuff so
uh ....
she promotes gambling making it possible for us going out to tournys and playing smash on the weekends.

i dont know lol

JustNoOne

Smash Lord

Shana eating melon break rules :3

I'm gonna try and find melon pan in the nearest asian supermarket tomorrow, all this melon pan talk are giving me cravings :3

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
steel like ryou like now cause she has cards and predicts stuff so
uh ....
she promotes gambling making it possible for us going out to tournys and playing smash on the weekends.

i dont know lol
more like she predicts that isai will be at every smash tournament ever hosted and a lot of people show up in anticipation lol

melon pan is.....something I haven't had before. I should fix that sometime!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Tomoyo is mine

i like your new avi though

who's going to AX?

edit - i just read that they are airing haruhi on a japanese station with subtitles here in socal. i wonder if they are airing the new episodes.
Whenever I stop checking here for while, the posts start to come rapidly...

Anyway, Minato was originally planning on going to AX, but now he kind of doesn't want to. I would love to attend AX one of these years, though...

And I guess you're a little behind of the Haruhi news. But I'll be here for all news Haruhi... From June 6th to June 19th, at 10 PM PST each day, a Haruhi episode will be shown in the original broadcast order on the digital channel United Television Broadcasting (18.2) in the SoCal area.
That would mean that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II is airing as I type this.

Top Bottom