• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Death Battle Thread

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Good news for you, next time is one of the fights you wanted and posted here! It's Megatron vs. Frieza, to be precise.

I am betting Frieza.
To me, that fight will look like trying to kill a fly that's overpowered.

Have you seen their size difference? One small and the other is big!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To me, that fight will look like trying to kill a fly that's overpowered.

Have you seen their size difference? One small and the other is big!
That really doesn't matter in the realm of fiction.

Hulk and Godzilla is notably debatable despite the size difference.

Superman fights beings far bigger then him daily.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Guys,it having a tournament of Death Battle matchups called tournament of champions,this tournament is the matchup most voted,but you need to became a YpuTube member to vote

It had past matchups,one of them are voted

Matchups of Week 1
Luz Noceda VS Anne Boonchuy (The Owl House VS Amphibia)
Monokuma VS Korosensei (Danganronpa VS Assasination Classroom) (most voted)
Shulk VS Lightning (Xenoblade VS Final Fantasy)
Kasen Ibaraki VS Fleetway Sonic (Touhou VS Sonic The Comic)

Matchups of Week 2
Gru VS Megamind (Despicable Me VS Megamind) (most voted)
Zeus VS Odin (Greek Mythology VS Nordic Mythology)
Little Mac VS Ippo Makounouchi (Punch Out! VS Hajime No Ippo)
Peacemaker VS Soldier Boy (DC Universe VS The Boys)

Matchups of Week 3 (This Week)
Ragna The Bloodedge VS Velvet Crowe (BlazBlue VS Tales Of)
Sailor Moon VS Madoka Kaname (Sailor Moon VS Madoka Magica)
Scorpion VS Wolf (Mortal Kombat VS Sekiro)
Composite Ryu VS Composite Goku (Street Fighter VS Dragon Ball)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Clearly I don't know enough about SF lore because I'm very surprised to see Ryu of all people being matched up against a composite Goku. Yeah he's strong, but Ultra Instinct strong? That's insane. But again I don't know much about SF other than the very basic stuff.

Touhou vs Bri'ish super sonic would've been wild, very disappointed they didn't choose that one

Also can I just say that the ending of the Bill vs Discord fight was kinda...confusing? Like I didn't know who won until they actually confirmed it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Clearly I don't know enough about SF lore because I'm very surprised to see Ryu of all people being matched up against a composite Goku. Yeah he's strong, but Ultra Instinct strong? That's insane. But again I don't know much about SF other than the very basic stuff.

Touhou vs Bri'ish super sonic would've been wild, very disappointed they didn't choose that one

Also can I just say that the ending of the Bill vs Discord fight was kinda...confusing? Like I didn't know who won until they actually confirmed it.
It was mostly because Discord saved Equestria while all the more sacrificing himself from Bill.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Ryu composite probably have more scales,he is considered Marvel scale,Fortnite scale,Tekken scale,Smash Bros. scale,Power Rangers scale,Brawlhalla scale,G.I Joe scale,SNK scale,Namco scale,Tatsunoko scale,Transformers scale and etc

While Goku,i think his scales are in shonen jump crossovers...and fortnite

And if Goku composite will be have the SSJ4 from DBGT

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think there's a pretty solid chance we could get King Ghidorah VS Deathwing next season.

Because next year will be Godzilla's 70th anniversary and World of Warcraft's 20th anniversary.

King Ghidorah VS Deathwing is also one of Ben's favorite fights.

If so...Then HYPE!!!!

On top of that. Next year would also be the 60th anniversary of Ghidorah’s first appearance since Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster was released in December of 1964. It would make sense to release a Ghidorah fight on his 60th anniversary.

Just give me this, Destoroyah VS Iris and a King Kong MU and I won't ask for any more kaiju MUs ever again.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I think there's a pretty solid chance we could get King Ghidorah VS Deathwing next season.

Because next year will be Godzilla's 70th anniversary and World of Warcraft's 20th anniversary.

King Ghidorah VS Deathwing is also one of Ben's favorite fights.

If so...Then HYPE!!!!

On top of that. Next year would also be the 60th anniversary of Ghidorah’s first appearance since Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster was released in December of 1964. It would make sense to release a Ghidorah fight on his 60th anniversary.

Just give me this, Destoroyah VS Iris and a King Kong MU and I won't ask for any more kaiju MUs ever again.
That would be interesting, i had predicted that Ghidorah Vs. Deathwing is a likely candidate from the previous ballot to appear next season, if the crew realizes this then they'll have a good reason to include the match in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That would be interesting, i had predicted that Ghidorah Vs. Deathwing is a likely candidate from the previous ballot to appear next season, if the crew realizes this then they'll have a good reason to include the match in.
It's one of Ben's favorites, I'd say its almost guaranteed.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Guys,it having a tournament of Death Battle matchups called tournament of champions,this tournament is the matchup most voted,but you need to became a YpuTube member to vote

It had past matchups,one of them are voted

Matchups of Week 1
Luz Noceda VS Anne Boonchuy (The Owl House VS Amphibia)
Monokuma VS Korosensei (Danganronpa VS Assasination Classroom) (most voted)
Shulk VS Lightning (Xenoblade VS Final Fantasy)
Kasen Ibaraki VS Fleetway Sonic (Touhou VS Sonic The Comic)

Matchups of Week 2
Gru VS Megamind (Despicable Me VS Megamind) (most voted)
Zeus VS Odin (Greek Mythology VS Nordic Mythology)
Little Mac VS Ippo Makounouchi (Punch Out! VS Hajime No Ippo)
Peacemaker VS Soldier Boy (DC Universe VS The Boys)

Matchups of Week 3 (This Week)
Ragna The Bloodedge VS Velvet Crowe (BlazBlue VS Tales Of)
Sailor Moon VS Madoka Kaname (Sailor Moon VS Madoka Magica)
Scorpion VS Wolf (Mortal Kombat VS Sekiro)
Composite Ryu VS Composite Goku (Street Fighter VS Dragon Ball)
Updates about tournament of champions,i will say the next matchups and who is the most voted on the past week

Matchups of Week 4
Sackboy VS Maxwell (LittleBigPlanet VS Scribblenauts)
Wilie E. Coyote VS Tom (Looney Tunes VS Tom & Jerry)
Hiccup & Toothless VS Hiro & Baymax (How To Train Your Dragon VS Big Hero 6)
Luke Skywalker VS Saber (Star Wars VS Fate)

and the most voted and winner of the last week is Sailor Moon VS Madoka,also almost had a tie of Sailor Moon VS Madoka and Composite Ryu VS Composite Goku

Me as a person who wanted Sailor Moon VS Madoka that won on tournament of champions:

images (2).jpeg

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Updates about tournament of champions,i will say the next matchups and who is the most voted on the past week

Matchups of Week 4
Sackyboy VS Maxwell (LittleBigPlanet VS Scribblenauts)

and the most voted and winner of the last week is Sailor Moon VS Madoka,also almost had a tie of Sailor Moon VS Madoka and Composite Ryu VS Composite Goku

Me as a person who wanted Sailor Moon VS Madoka that won on tournament of champions:

View attachment 378750
Sackyboy? are you kidding me?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
WOULD WATCH

I can just imagine how the fight would start...

Wilie trying to eat Tom thinking of the cat as a better source of food with the cat himself fighting back while Jerry and Roadrunner watch from the background as the two duke out through the desert/canyon roads.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gojo vs. Makima is next. Who do you think will win?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't watch both of them, probably that red hair dog lady people love simping to.

For the symbol on the wheel thing, I'm predicting the suit logo.
Yeah, except people simping for characters is not a factor in who would win a Death Battle.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Seen the fight, Megatron had no chance of defeating Frieza but at least put up a good fight.
Not to mention, Cybertron was turned to ash, or destroyed, rather than being conquered by Frieza as Megatron wanted.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i knew that Frieza will won
And how Makima and Gojo will fight since both died?
images (6).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

and i know a little bit of Chainsaw Man,while Jujutsu Kaisen i don't know a lot,i just heard

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
View attachment 379033
View attachment 379034
and i know a little bit of Chainsaw Man,while Jujutsu Kaisen i don't know a lot,i just heard
This matchup is also a controversial one like Frieza vs Megatron, but if this latest episode was any indication, I’m sure they will absolutely do it justice and make it great.

A lot of people don’t like Gojo vs Makima since they say that the connections are forced and that both have way better opponents to fight instead of each other.

Plus, the match up only exists due to Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man kind of having a rivalry with each other due to... gaining popularity around the same time.

But I'm pretty interested by how a fight would be like between these two.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
This matchup is also a controversial one like Frieza vs Megatron, but if this latest episode was any indication, I’m sure they will absolutely do it justice and make it great.

A lot of people don’t like Gojo vs Makima since they say that the connections are forced and that both have way better.

Plus, the match up only exists due to Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man kind of having a rivalry with each other due to... gaining popularity around the same time.

But I'm pretty interested by how a fight would be like between these two.
i prefer Denji VS that pink hair guy from Jujutsu Kaisen,but Makima VS Gojo is fine,both have their simps

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 379033
View attachment 379034
i heard gojo's not completely dead so he's likely to return to life.

As for Makima? all we have left is Nayuta.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

Matchups of Week 4
Sackboy VS Maxwell (LittleBigPlanet VS Scribblenauts)

View attachment 378750
Updates about tournament of champions,it was the most voted and revealed matchups on the left side

The most voted matchup on the last week is Wile E. Coyote VS Tom

The left side of the tournament is the who will be the most voted on Week 9 who are:

Monokuma VS Korosensei (Danganronpa VS Assasination Classroom)
Gru VS Megamind (Dispicable Me VS Megamind)
Sailor Moon VS Madoka Kaname (Sailor Moon VS Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
and Wile E. Coyote VS Tom (Looney Tunes VS Tom & Jerry)

Now it will be the right side of the tournament who is this week

Matchups of Week 5
Kratos VS Asura (God of War VS Asura's Wrath)
Homer Simpson VS Peter Griffin (The Simpsons VS Family Guy)
Jimmy Neutron VS Dexter (Jimmy Neutron,The Boy Genius VS Dexter's Laboratory)
Naruto VS Monkey D. Luffy (Naruto VS One Piece)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Updates about tournament of champions,it was the most voted and revealed matchups on the left side

The left side of the tournament is the who will be the most voted on Week 9 who are:

Now it will ve the left side of the tournament who is this week

Matchups of Week 5
Oh, this will be hard! I kinda want all of them to happen, especially the last three.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is this idea for a Death Battle from me. This may be odd, and these two may have better opponents, but this might hopefully be an interesting one, nonetheless.

Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street) vs. Neo (The Matrix)

Both are the main characters in the media they appear in.
Both are live action movie characters.
Both have powers in their respective worlds. (Freddy with the Dream World and Neo in the Matrix)
Both of said powers involve affecting the worlds they are in, reality warping style.
Both have powers that can carry to the real world to some extent. (Freddy's attacks can carry over with his victims in the real world and Neo can use some powers in the real world)
Both worlds they are part of or enter that they have powers in are mind based.
How the worlds they have power in work are different in nature. (Freddy's world is dream based and Neo's world, the Matrix is technological based)
They are opposite in morality. (Freddy is evil and Neo is more so a good guy)
They deal with other entities in their world. (Freddy victimizes children who dream and Neo deals with the machines like the Agents in the Matrix)
Both have opposite beginnings that deal with their dream world. (Freddy was seemingly killed by angry parents before coming to the dream world and Neo apparently started as an inhabitant of the Matrix before awakening in the real world)

Music Track name would be: Oneiric Matrix.

Now, you're probably wondering; with how differently access to the Dream World and the Matrix work, how would this fight even work, itself? Well, anything can happen in Death Battle, if for a reason.

Here is my take on how it would happen.

In the Matrix, an event that shakes the Matrix shakes the entire reality, while in the Dream World, a similar event caused by Freddy Krueger occurs. Both of them happen at the same time, causing both these worlds to connect and start to merge. With this, seeing a new world to terrorize, Freddy decides to start attacking the citizens of the Matrix with his powers. Seeing the danger, it is up to Neo to stop Freddy Krueger and perhaps undo the merging of the two worlds.

What do you all think?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

Now it will be the right side of the tournament who is this week

Matchups of Week 5
Updates about tournament of champions,i will say who won on last week and matchups from Week 6

The most voted matchup on the last week is Kratos VS Asura

Matchups of Week 6
Lucina VS Grovile (Fire Emblem VS Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
X VS Optimus Primal (Mega Man X VS Transformers: Beast Wars)
Percy Jackson VS Zagreus (Percy Jackson VS Hades)
Scott Pilgrim VS Kazuma Sato (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World VS Konosuba)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Scooby Doo vs. Courage the Cowardly Dog is next, who do you think will win?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Scooby Doo vs. Courage the Cowardly Dog is next, who do you think will win?
Courage.

Although Scooby had a universal feat, he required Shaggy's help to do so. Courage shattered the sun all on his own.

And sealing the entity wasn't some attack potency feat, he simply sealed it away, big difference and even then had help from the gang.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Courage.

Although Scooby had a universal feat, he required Shaggy's help to do so. Courage shattered the sun all on his own.

And sealing the entity wasn't some attack potency feat, he simply sealed it away, big difference and even then had help from the gang.
I was thinking Courage too, actually.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
i think that Scooby will win,and....i'm not very hyped for this matchup,because Courage don't fight,Scooby fought on some cartoons
Everyone brings up how Scooby defeated this universal entity as well as this universal destroying feat in Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

He required help in both of them. He had help from the gang against the entity and even then it wasn't some attack potency feat, they just sealed the entity away and nothing more. There's a difference between attack potency and sealing a being away.

As for the universal feat. He required Shaggy's assistance. He didn't do that on his own.

Rules of Death Battle is outside help isn't allowed.

Meanwhile Courage screaming so loud that he shattered the sun? That was all on his own.

Press F for Scooby. Courage wins.

Top Bottom