• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The day it comes out.

Radagascar

Smash Cadet
Probably has been another thread on this somewhere...but I don't see it and I just thought about this. The day it comes out...it's going to be nuts. The anticipation and hype surrounding this game is insane (for us at least). I want to be at the store when it goes on sale and rush home to play it as soon as I can...possibley skipping school or w/e. What about you guys...the day it comes out? Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Most likely I'm going to be staying home from school that day(unless they release it sooner) so I can pick it up and play it all day ^_^

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'll try to get it if my friend's brother can help me get it at Gamestop. I want to get it on the exact release date, but school days make it more difficult.

Wreked

Smash Lord
There is going to be three days when i'm probaly not going to be on smashboards.
1. Ridley update. I can just see the ridley thread people rub it in everybody's face. I might just read posts it might be funny.
2. Sonic. See above.
3. Release day. To busy playing Brawl.

.M.e.t.a.k.n.i.g.h.t.

Smash Cadet
I'm just going to pre-order the game from the local store....have my mother pick it up and play it when i get home from school

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Ill probably wait 4 to 5 months after it comes out. Ill read about it on smashboards, and see where the competitive scene is going, aswell as what techs were removed, what was added, and what the new advanced techniques are.

If it seems worth my time, I'll buy it. If not? I'll still buy it, but probably a few years from now, just to play single player and maybe some multiplayer with friends so I can experience Brawl.

But I'm in no hurry to get this game, since I don't even know if it's going to be worth getting.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ill probably wait 4 to 5 months after it comes out. Ill read about it on smashboards, and see where the competitive scene is going, aswell as what techs were removed, what was added, and what the new advanced techniques are.

If it seems worth my time, I'll buy it. If not? I'll still buy it, but probably a few years from now, just to play single player and maybe some multiplayer with friends so I can experience Brawl.

But I'm in no hurry to get this game, since I don't even know if it's going to be worth getting.
Good one. Now let's hear from people who actually matter.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this site is going to crash on the day it's released they'll be som many people on that it's gonna be totally insane, but anyway I will sure get Brawl the day it's released, man I'm gonna be so happy, I'll probably play it nonstop for a whole day :chuckle:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Good one. Now let's hear from people who actually matter.
Excuse me? My opinion matters as much as the next persons. Wherein it's just an opinion. I can't believe you're trying to provoke me over this post, which I put a lot of thought into and is quite honnest and devoid of my usual condesncending ''there is only one way to play smash blah blah blah'' attitude.

I'm not even gonna bother, you'll just come back and keep poking me with your proverbial stick until this thread spins off topic and everyone blames me.

Honnestly though, you're a jerk.

Croco

Smash Lord
I think it depends what will be going on for the release date.

If there is a release date party for Brawl at the Nintendo Power Store in NYC.. I'm jumping on a train around 2-3 am or the day before.. and waiting for the party to begin.

If not a party..
I'll go to EB games in NYC and pick it up.

The Bino

Smash Lord
OK Dude your name is brawlpro and the game hasn't even been released lol that's an original name lol just had to point that one out it made me laugh lol

Dylan - I understand you want to see what's in the game tech wise and what's been released, trust me i want to find this out for myself, but i also want to play the game itself in general, i loved Smash 64, when i played Melee for the 1st time i hated it, it was nothing like the original, didn't have that greatness i had came to love, i beat the game and unlocked all chars but i didn't really play the game that much, i played more Smash 64 more.... than i started to play it more and more and came to realize that Melee was much more in-depth in terms of strategy than 64 was and i came to understand the moves and mastered my main.... than i stumbled upon advanced techs all by myself... excluding SWD, i knew almost all other basic ATs - LCanceling Edge Guarde Tech off walls etc, i was just learning about WDing in summer of 05 and than discovered SWF November 05 and learned all that i could at the time from SWF and entered the Tourney Scene back in April of 06 and still learning some stuff up to this day, long story short, this game is so strategy in-depth that i still enjoy it now as i did when i 1st really got the game and was unlocking the chars and stages

Brawl will probably be the same way for me, i know i won't like it as i do Melee when i 1st play it, but i will grow to love it and even stop playing Melee and play Brawl mainly and only break out Melee on occassions... regardless its gonna be a sweet game especially with Sakurai making it with BALANCE in mind hopefully there won't be 1+ Million ppl playing Fox or Falco just cuz their top tier, but play Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby and the other chars that aren't seen so much in Melee at tourney's

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
OK Dude your name is brawlpro and the game hasn't even been released lol that's an original name lol just had to point that one out it made me laugh lol
do you ****ing think that hasen't been asked before moron, its a ****ing name, get over yourself, if i didn't make this someone else would have, so shut up! you are a serious ******* for laughing at somethin like that, this guy is named smash god but is he a god wtf?

marth/falco pro is another name of a user, soo he isn't a pro...

ppl like you are stupid...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
do you ****ing think that hasen't been asked before moron, its a ****ing name, get over yourself, if i didn't make this someone else would have, so shut up! you are a serious ******* for laughing at somethin like that, this guy is named smash god but is he a god wtf?

Wow. You are REALLY tense. Rough day? o_O

Anyway, to be honest, I think these boards are actually going to be pretty deserted the day Brawl comes out in America. I mean, I guess not deserted, but with so many Americans busy playing Brawl, I think there will be a lot less going on around her—at least during the day.

Then, a few hours after the game's released, when a bunch of people have unlocked everything, the place will fill up with a bunch of "OMFG!1!!!!!! WALUIGI IZ TEH PLAYABLES!!!1 WTF"

Or something. :ohwell:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow. You are REALLY tense. Rough day? o_O

Anyway, to be honest, I think these boards are actually going to be pretty deserted the day Brawl comes out in America. I mean, I guess not deserted, but with so many Americans busy playing Brawl, I think there will be a lot less going on around her—at least during the day.

Then, a few hours after the game's released, when a bunch of people have unlocked everything, the place will fill up with a bunch of "OMFG!1!!!!!! WALUIGI IZ TEH PLAYABLES!!!1 WTF"

Or something. :ohwell:
QFT

Dec. 3rd is the day Smash Boards really doesn't update much. Heck, even the mods McFox and Mic_128 is going to be playing Brawl instead of closing pointless threads.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
QFT

Dec. 3rd is the day Smash Boards really doesn't update much. Heck, even the mods McFox and Mic_128 is going to be playing Brawl instead of closing pointless threads.
true, true, I know for a fact that I sure won't be on this board at least until the next day that is

Anaxarchus

Smash Rookie
I'll be getting together as many smashers from my school as I can, and we will all skip school, go to someone's house, and play brawl for like 48 hours straight.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan - I understand you want to see what's in the game tech wise and what's been released, trust me i want to find this out for myself, but i also want to play the game itself in general, i loved Smash 64, when i played Melee for the 1st time i hated it, it was nothing like the original, didn't have that greatness i had came to love, i beat the game and unlocked all chars but i didn't really play the game that much, i played more Smash 64 more....

than i started to play it more and more and came to realize that Melee was much more in-depth in terms of strategy than 64 was and i came to understand the moves and mastered my main.... than i stumbled upon advanced techs all by myself... excluding SWD, i knew almost all other basic ATs - LCanceling Edge Guarde Tech off walls etc,

i was just learning about WDing in summer of 05 and than discovered SWF November 05 and learned all that i could at the time from SWF and entered the Tourney Scene back in April of 06 and still learning some stuff up to this day, long story short, this game is so strategy in-depth that i still enjoy it now as i did when i 1st really got the game and was unlocking the chars and stages
Thanks for posting this, Im glad you decided to share your smash experiences with me :)

In terms of ''playing the game in general''

I also wish to do this, but my main reason to buy a new smash game would be to play it competitivly. If brawl proves to be too simple, or too easy, or just not as good a 1v1 competitive fighting game as melee, then I won't buy it right away

I'm a patient guy, I'd just wait maybe a year or something for the price to drop a little and then buy it and enjoy the game for everything its worth.

But first and foremost Im intrested to see if brawls a competitive success, if it is than I will probably save up some money to get it immediatly and start battling online

If not, well theres no way in hell I'll miss out on a smash game. I'll just wait awhile :)

And yes, I have given up my origional ''No wavedashing, no me playing brawl'' attitude, because I dont even think wavedashing is that important anymore. Its a GREAT technique in melee, but it isnt an essential technique that will make or break brawl considering there will be new techniques.

eh? you just did, if you really didn't want to bother, then you shouldn't have posted...
I meant I wasnt going to bother starting an argument with him. When someone insults me, I will not hesitate to defend myself. I have proved this time and time again.

@ Brawlpro

Dont sweat it, Im sure youve been bugged about your name more than in this one thread, and I more than most people understand that every now and then we all have to release a little anger. Glad to hear you're calm now, but im sure that rant felt good, didnt it?

I hope your fox is improving, off topic or not, if you stop firefoxing around the stage vs marth and letting him control you, and tighten your technical skills, you'll 3-4 stock your marth friend no problem, he has terrible spacing.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I marked the weekend and the day it comes out off my calender at work so I know I have time to play. It will be winter anyway. It won't be THAT hard waiting for it though, since I will have Galaxy.

But, I think I can wait until I get home from school.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan - I understand you want to see what's in the game tech wise and what's been released, trust me i want to find this out for myself, but i also want to play the game itself in general, i loved Smash 64, when i played Melee for the 1st time i hated it, it was nothing like the original, didn't have that greatness i had came to love, i beat the game and unlocked all chars but i didn't really play the game that much, i played more Smash 64 more....

than i started to play it more and more and came to realize that Melee was much more in-depth in terms of strategy than 64 was and i came to understand the moves and mastered my main.... than i stumbled upon advanced techs all by myself... excluding SWD, i knew almost all other basic ATs - LCanceling Edge Guarde Tech off walls etc,

i was just learning about WDing in summer of 05 and than discovered SWF November 05 and learned all that i could at the time from SWF and entered the Tourney Scene back in April of 06 and still learning some stuff up to this day, long story short, this game is so strategy in-depth that i still enjoy it now as i did when i 1st really got the game and was unlocking the chars and stages
Thanks for posting this, Im glad you decided to share your smash experiences with me :)

In terms of ''playing the game in general''

I also wish to do this, but my main reason to buy a new smash game would be to play it competitivly. If brawl proves to be too simple, or too easy, or just not as good a 1v1 competitive fighting game as melee, then I won't buy it right away

I'm a patient guy, I'd just wait maybe a year or something for the price to drop a little and then buy it and enjoy the game for everything its worth.

But first and foremost Im intrested to see if brawls a competitive success, if it is than I will probably save up some money to get it immediatly and start battling online

If not, well theres no way in hell I'll miss out on a smash game. I'll just wait awhile :)

And yes, I have given up my origional ''No wavedashing, no me playing brawl'' attitude, because I dont even think wavedashing is that important anymore. Its a GREAT technique in melee, but it isnt an essential technique that will make or break brawl considering there will be new techniques.

eh? you just did, if you really didn't want to bother, then you shouldn't have posted...
I meant I wasnt going to bother starting an argument with him. When someone insults me, I will not hesitate to defend myself. I have proved this time and time again.

@ Brawlpro

Dont sweat it, Im sure youve been bugged about your name more than in this one thread, and I more than most people understand that every now and then we all have to release a little anger. Glad to hear you're calm now, but im sure that rant felt good, didnt it?

I hope your fox is improving, off topic or not, if you stop firefoxing around the stage vs marth and letting him control you, and tighten your technical skills, you'll 3-4 stock your marth friend no problem, he has terrible spacing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The day it comes out...

I don't know. I might just have to buy it and find somebody with a Wii. There's no way I'm going to survive until after Christmas, or July, whenever I get a Wii. o_o

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman

~REMOVED~

Dylan, if you're worried about the competitive aspect of the game, you could always do what I plan on doing, and get the game to help DEVELOP the competitive side. Hell, there's going to be a lot in the game that people will be etching out in hopes to recreate some of the old melee stuff, but won't be looking for something new, so while they're wasting their time on the old, bust out your hammer and forge the new.

That's what I think at least...

And balls right! I'm happy my birthday is on the 7th lol. I can just ask for it early :p

The Bino

Smash Lord

OK well let me state something from the getgo, this is the 1st time i have seen you post before in a thread that i was looking at and was going to post in myself, i might have seen your name, don't know who you are, and don't care and totally disregarded your name in general until now.... plus you haven't even been on the boards since July 07 and you already have closing real fast to 2000 posts, that's just a little ridic if you ask me, that's a lil too much time spent on the boards, again i don't know you, you could be a 14 yr old kid who is spending his youth playing video games and going on websites like this like Mew2King did back then and before he was 14 so i don't know and again don't care who you are, you haven't been around long enough for your name to come up in any discussion that im concerned with

and im a dumb@ss for laughing at something like that huh? Well sorry if something that was someones name such as brawlpro, when Brawl hasn't even been released be humorous to me. And i wasn't asking if your name was Brawlpro or if it was something else u ***bag learn to read something that's been written in clear english before saying something that wasn't even a question before hand

Smash God as a user name is different from Brawlpro in the aspect that Smash exists and is playable by all meanwhile Brawl isn't, again learn to read..... the same thing with Marth/Falco Pro - samething with Smash God..... he could be pro in Melee cuz those 2 chars are in Melee, but again Brawl isn't playable by the public, so again learn to read

People like me are stupid huh? Oh im so sorry i said something that you didn't like or you got offended by, get this straight, i don't care for your feelings nor do i care about you at all, ppl like me are stupid because we just say what we have to say unlike alot of ppl who hold $hit back because "i don't want to offend anyones feelings" I call it like i see dumb@ss.... oh wait i don't fit in with the Brawl Topic Forum because i didn't make a brand new thread everyday when a new update arrives, but i get upset whenever i see these dumb *** thread being made - Peach was shown in a trailer, next minute, thread made - Peach Confirmed!!!!! like i couldn't figure that $hit out by myself.... this entire section of this site has gone to hell with everyone making a good amount of pointless threads because ppl haven't figured out where the search button is to look for a F*cking thread that they want to talk about stuff in so they make one of their own....... just like this thread and i quote:
Probably has been another thread on this somewhere...but I don't see it and I just thought about this
You know if he used the SEARCH FUNCTION this thread wouldn't exist, but it would be in the thread that already exists instead of having like 2-5 of the exact same threads, we could all use our brains and make this forum a lil bit more cleaner and organized instead of making a thread intitled (Is there going to be online?) or (How many chars do you think is going to be in Brawl) or 3 other threads of discussing the update that had just occurred that f*cking day and then having some idiot post a thread of the godd@amn update.....

Now who the f*ck is dumber here huh?

and it did feel good but it was a little over exaggeration by me sry...i guess...i was still mad tho =P
I won't even bother saying anything else after i saw this but i had no choice and had to voice my opinions that are actually relevant instead of yours ******ing about my name and blah blah blah blah, but if you had to release some stress and someone aggravated you and now your sorry, you should've rethought what you were saying in the 1st place... anyway im done argueing with this

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nooo stop the fighting!!! Take me instead!

You know what, you ****ing scrubs? If I see so much as a single item in brawl, Im not buying it. If wavedashing isnt in the game, then its not worth playing. I cant believe they're putting stages in the game that arent the exact same as melee's.

Furthermore, final smash.. ah screw it.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Dylan your arguement has been done time and time again and i have state my opinion on it already

Im not argueing, just retaliating, i had to leave right after i posted that so when i got back home i checked the boards before im heading off to sleep and i saw his post and had to reply, but im not fighting nor argueing just stating facts and justifying my post with them

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
Nooo stop the fighting!!! Take me instead!

You know what, you ****ing scrubs? If I see so much as a single item in brawl, Im not buying it. If wavedashing isnt in the game, then its not worth playing. I cant believe they're putting stages in the game that arent the exact same as melee's.

Furthermore, final smash.. ah screw it.

Then why are you on these boards?

Top Bottom