• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(The Correct Way)New to Lucario? Learn a few things in two minutes! (Video guide)

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Hey!

This is a new series I'm starting to help out players. The Correct way. A series where i show you options/strings , defensive and offensive ways to use your character in this case; Lucario!

Because it was the 1st. Its a bit messy on the layout side. Feedback is appreciated as long as its not totally mean and mainly constructive criticism LOL But ye. Fire away! Subscribe if you enjoyed as i might do your character of choice next!

If you have any questions; Comment Below. Leave your character suggestion for whos to be next!
For now ; peace~!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I dig the video, however a slight error I noticed was @0:29 you mention in the text that it's a Fake F-air > Wavebounce > shield > grab. The Wavebounce was actually a B-Reverse.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Its also called a wave bounce apparently from this topic :p Its just the name the community gave for lucario specifically :D but thanks! ^^

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Ah. To clear up the confusion between B-Reverse & Wavebounce, I recommend anyone in the community to read this thread.

Other than that, I have some combo ideas in case you make a part 2 Lucario video that was titled, "Smash 4: The correct way #2 :Lucario" or something like that.:shades:

Combo ideas:

U-tilt > Force Palm
U-tilt > Force Palm > F-tilt
U-tilt > Force Palm > F-air > F-air or U-air (not entirely sure if this works or not. I'm not around my WiiU atm)

Aura Sphere Charge > shield > Short Hop D-air
Aura Sphere Charge > shield > jump canceled U-smash

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I don't think I will do lucario again but I will keep them in mind. Uptilt to side b did you say ? Also thanks for posting that thread

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I discussed this with someone. There is like 1-4 that are not. If you would like to give examples i would be happy enough to explain why i added them in.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I discussed this with someone. There is like 1-4 that are not. If you would like to give examples i would be happy enough to explain why i added them in.
I'm saying this because the video is misleading. If you're just showcasing combos/strings without explanation as to how to set them up, or why they are useful, or how you'd utilize them in a match, then it should be assumed they're general, reliable combos and strings that will work consistently. And they're not.

Down Tilt - Dash Attack > Down Tilt to Jab. Up Throw - Nair - Jab shouldn't work. They'll shield the Jab. Catching landings with Side B are useful, but you don't go in to explanation as to why. Back throw - Aura Sphere is likely a DI dependent move, more than likely it doesn't work at all. Up Tilt - Nair - Down Tilt - Dash Attack, you can't connect the Down Tilt from the Nair.

This video lacks clarity and consistency.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Down tilt jab is actually a combo i use every so often, very often. Down tilt > Dash atk isnt legit i just did it at the end of the string as most players try to tech. Nair > Jab works perfectly aswell because of the nair having barley any landing lag. Its like a mario/falcon doing up air into JAB. The video was suppose to be like that. Surely a player would have common sense to understand why side b'ing like so is useful after seeing "Side B Spacing" and so. Nair can connect into a lot of attacks. Im pretty sure any of my lucario replays show me doing nair into w/e. But overall thats the whole point of the series; You are not suppose to take it as a full on guide. Its mainly for someone who is lazy to go read/watch a proper tutorial. Or if they play the character just for fun or want to know some basics.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Down Tilt - Dash is legitimate, and better than Down Tilt - Jab. They have the same damage but the Dash Attack gives you better positioning in most circumstances, while the Jab fails to string properly against certain floaty characters at higher %. The Nair - Jab only works if you fall with the Nair and then Jab at low %. It doesn't work in the instance you show where you rise with the Nair.

Anyway, the clarity to the guide is misleading and incomplete. That's all I'm going to point out.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Its not misleading lol. Its not like they wont experiment. Dair Drop/Rise is the same. It still works as long as you fast fall. I stated these are not all guarantees didnt I? and percentage matters right? I don't think you understand the point of these videos.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Its not misleading lol. Its not like they wont experiment. Dair Drop/Rise is the same. It still works as long as you fast fall. I stated these are not all guarantees didnt I? and percentage matters right? I don't think you understand the point of these videos.
And I don't think you understand how to take criticism. You're also wrong about your combos.

Last edited:

Shokwav

Smash Rookie
At what percent is the side b spacing unpunishable by sonic, falcon, etc. dashing to you on reaction?

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
At what percent is the side b spacing unpunishable by sonic, falcon, etc. dashing to you on reaction?
Its punishable and doesnt need a percent range. Its lucarios best spacing tool due to the fast range. Anyway... Ive added the next episode to the series! SONIC ! ^^ watch it if you like

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Informative video. I never really fancied Lucario until I watched someone use him in one of those SHI-G JP tourneys and he seemed to do quite well with him. So I started to pick him up recently and he seems to be quite good. Then as I look to the left my my computer desk, I see a Lucario Amiibo sitting there, new in box. I originally wanted to sell him off but after using him a bit, plus with my love for the whole "fighting" type pokemon thing, I may as well keep the amiibo and slowly start to have Lucario as one of my more used characters. Not sure if he is main worthy since I usually play lower-tiered characters but he doesn't seem at all overpowered, excluding the casual stand point of his aura + rage doing the work lol. This video will definitely me as I attempt to lab him.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Informative video. I never really fancied Lucario until I watched someone use him in one of those SHI-G JP tourneys and he seemed to do quite well with him. So I started to pick him up recently and he seems to be quite good. Then as I look to the left my my computer desk, I see a Lucario Amiibo sitting there, new in box. I originally wanted to sell him off but after using him a bit, plus with my love for the whole "fighting" type pokemon thing, I may as well keep the amiibo and slowly start to have Lucario as one of my more used characters. Not sure if he is main worthy since I usually play lower-tiered characters but he doesn't seem at all overpowered, excluding the casual stand point of his aura + rage doing the work lol. This video will definitely me as I attempt to lab him.
Defo not the best Lucario guide if im honest, The thing that i would say is he " Struggles" to kill. His kill options are really slow. You should bait/punish with lucario more then anything. Gl with the character!

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Hmm. His "struggle" to kill isn't as apparent to me as I once thought lol. You can pull off a force palm out of shield and his B-air can KO very early. His Smash attacks are a bit trashy though, so in that matter, I can totally understand lol. And I know this isn't the best Lucario guide, but it is something that can start someone off with easy combos lol. Also thanks!

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Hmm. His "struggle" to kill isn't as apparent to me as I once thought lol. You can pull off a force palm out of shield and his B-air can KO very early. His Smash attacks are a bit trashy though, so in that matter, I can totally understand lol. And I know this isn't the best Lucario guide, but it is something that can start someone off with easy combos lol. Also thanks!
Yep. Its what you are saying who its for; Starters! :D. Bair is extremely hard to land vs a top level player

Top Bottom