• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Kirby (Video Compendium)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Good news fellow Kirby fans. I've taken the first steps to starting my Kirby Video Guide: making an outline. I plan to start working on it during Spring Break.

I will keep this page updated, and post how things are coming along, up until the video is finished. Right now there is no release date to speak of, but I hope to get it done before summer when tournaments and fun will likely get in the way of dreary video editing. :)

The premise:
This video will consist of two parts.

The fisrt part is to document each of Kirby's attacks and explain the fundamentals of use/combos/etc. I will demonstrate the theory of each attack with footage from actual matches to show the practical applications.

The second video is a catch-all where I demonstrate uses for moves beyond the basics. Kirbycides, Strategy/Tactics, Glitches, and situational or cornercase uses for attacks.

Here is the current outline, comment as you please. Make sure to let me know if I've forgotten anything, as this is a working-list.

Basic Attacks
Jab

Dash Attack

Tilts
  1. D-tilt
  2. F-tilt
  3. U-tilt
Aerials
  1. N-air
  2. D-air
  3. F-air
  4. B-air
  5. U-air
Smashes
  1. F-smash
  2. D-smash
  3. U-smash
Special Attacks

Swallow
  1. Starshot
  2. Copy
Stone

Final Cutter
  1. Ground
  2. Ledge
Hammer
  1. Ground
  2. Aerial
Grabs & Throws
  1. Down Throw
  2. Up Throw
  3. Down Throw
  4. Forward Throw

---------------------------------------------------------
Kirbycides
  1. Swallow (Swallowcide)
  2. Throws (Kirbykaze)
  3. Suicide Canceling
Glitches (I may cut these out to save editing time)
  1. IC Super Jump
  2. Tiny Yoshi
  3. Flat Kirby
  4. GW Pan Glitch
Deadly Death Maneuvers
  1. Bowser
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. Marth
Miscellaneous
  1. Megaton Punch
  2. F-air Recovery
  3. D-air Stun
  4. Dropping Hammer
  5. ??? (more when I remember them)

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
:)

I think you should have a whole section dedicated to recovery and edge/air guarding. It makes up a huge part of Kirby's game, and discussing strategies in one go is better than having them spread out across the different attacks.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's a good idea, but probably not going to happen. As it is, I was shooting for a short video and ended up with two longish videos. o_0

My goal right now is just to complete these in a timely manner; I tend to put a lot of work into my projects which takes up extra time.

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Dag i havent been here in a while, anyway if u need clips of stuff i got like 2 that i was gonna sent to KK90 for his vid he was gonna do.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeea this video looks like its gonna be really helpful, though hopefully the move section won't be too tedious to look at..

GL with it T!mmy

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'll try to not make it tedious, but I intend to make a complete guide. The main trouble is just finding time to get everything done... editing takes so long. o_o

Top Bottom