• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Challenge!!

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
m thinking of doing something interesting... im going to call it

THE LUCARIAN CHALLENGE,

how it will work is that i set up a bunch of challenges ( insane but possible ones like 3min melee without taking damage.)

the first to complete (AND RECORD IT,) it will get a certain amount of points depending on the dificulty,

(like 250 for the 3min melee*without taking damage*.)

i plan to do this in all of the other char threads as well but there is one problem...

NOT EVERYONE CAN RECORD D= *gasp*

to solve this problem i think that everyone that registers that *cant record* should register
their wii freind code and wii message code so they can send me replays directly.

Questions? (first challenge will come after the first few posts and its NOT going to be the multi man melee thing.)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, Brawl really has no real challenges that can be done.

Melee at least had Event 51. THAT was a real challenge made of pure awesome.

Giga Bowser is the ****.

Giant Mario is MADE of ****.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
well i have my lists of challenges my first one is...

Defeat 3 lvl 9s in a team fight with,

stock 1 for everyone

no handicap

no FF(frendly fire)

no items (NOT EVEN FINAL SMASH.)

sounds easy but ive tried and tried (got so close 1 char to go at 107%)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
May I remind you this is brawl sir?
my challenges are not going to be only for brawl =D

though people might have trouble recording melee also...some might not even have melee.

oops i triple posted again...

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
wtf you just triple posted instead of using the edit button!

Most people don't consider lv 9s to be competitive at all either :/

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
wtf you just triple posted instead of using the edit button!

Most people don't consider lv 9s to be competitive at all either :/
then lets see you pull this off... it should be easy right?

just now you have shown your ignorancy

btw this is in brawl

and who cares what most people think most people probally dont even think...

and remember you must record it...

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
I just said most people don't think it has anything to do with being good when it comes to the competitive scene (which was what I assumed you meant when I first read the title.)

ps: you meant ignorance right?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I just said most people don't think it has anything to do with being good when it comes to the competitive scene (which was what I assumed you meant when I first read the title.)

ps: you meant ignorance right?
no

ignorance is a pronoun

ignorancy is the practice of being ignorant(not sure if its a acctuall word anymore.)

ty Nitrix

btw what char did you use to do this? i cant imagine any char that can move fast enough to do with ease?

Browny

Smash Hater
btw what char did you use to do this? i cant imagine any char that can move fast enough to do with ease?
you just gotta abuse certain tactics. i can beat 2 level 9 marths with sonic, by constantly spring-gimping thier recoveries for like 30% KO's lol. Although i suspect ness would be able to do it. lots of PKT's the entire match and dair spike at every opportunity could work... its how i did event 41 in hard :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
well i have my lists of challenges my first one is...

Defeat 3 lvl 9s in a team fight with,

stock 1 for everyone

no handicap

no FF(frendly fire)

no items (NOT EVEN FINAL SMASH.)

sounds easy but ive tried and tried (got so close 1 char to go at 107%)
my challenges are not going to be only for brawl =D

though people might have trouble recording melee also...some might not even have melee.

oops i triple posted again...
Not only for Brawl? Who are you going to have us use? Mewtwo?
If we won't be using Lucario, why post it in the Lucario board?
then lets see you pull this off... it should be easy right?
you just gotta abuse certain tactics. i can beat 2 level 9 marths with sonic, by constantly spring-gimping thier recoveries for like 30% KO's lol. Although i suspect ness would be able to do it. lots of PKT's the entire match and dair spike at every opportunity could work... its how i did event 41 in hard :)
THAT is why people don't consider CPU's to be competitive. The reason is because they can be exploited and their patterns can be read extremely easily. They do not learn. They do not adapt. They can be gimped the same way over and over and over and over and over. You can stand on the edge of Corneria in a 99 stock battle with Toon Link and Dsmash all day. You will win. They will keep trying to approach you.

BTW, I've done this before with multiple characters. You'd think it'd help on 2 on 1s at the end of teams if your partner somehow loses. It doesn't. CPU's do not develop team strategies for whoever you choose for them. They fight each team battle as 2 1vs1, but you can switch partners. CPUs are NOT good practice.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
okay change of plans instead of this being the challenge board this will be the challenge discussion board cause there are not that many challenges in brawl...or melee...

*sig'd

10priceless.
is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad one :/

Pronoun examples: He, you, she, it, etc.

It's a noun.

And the word you mean.

Remember: A noun is a person, place, thing, or IDEA.
then ignorant is a adjective(it describes a noun,)

Defeating 3 lvl 9's is actually really easy. I can do it, and I don't even main Lucario. I'm sure the Lucario's on this forum will be looking for challenges with actual merit.
[/url]
Well maybe it’s a challenge to me (cause I suck) gotta practice ( cant imagine what im doing wrong,)

Anyway (MORE MUSIC!!!!!(by Rave)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/77418

and if you like that:

there is ENVY!! (called heaven rd.3)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/153594

if you already heard both you should of downloaded them...

this one i dont look so much up on... good till 1:25
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/70554

and Zero bass (aka Rave again)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/136501
They fight each team battle as 2 1vs1, but you can switch partners. CPUs are NOT good practice.
nor is playing over wifi... wifi just...sucks....

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
nor is playing over wifi... wifi just...sucks....
Regardless of that obvious fact, WiFi is actually a much more reliable form of practice than against CPUs, as your opponents are actual humans. Just don't plan on powershielding anything.

nightSN

Smash Ace
heres something challenging! face 3 cpu, lvl 9, 3 stock, cpu on teams, no ff/items, no handycap and dont get touched (not even 1%)! cpu must be fox, pit and kirby.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
heres something challenging! face 3 cpu, lvl 9, 3 stock, cpu on teams, no ff/items, no handycap and dont get touched (not even 1%)! cpu must be fox, pit and kirby.
oh oh! dont forget on the map battlefield there is barely any space when playing against 3 lvl 3's

Top Bottom