• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Casltevania thread (including Lords of Shadow)

finalark

SNORLAX

So I recently got into this series, and I must say that I really like it. So far I've played the original on the NES, Symphony of the Night, Super Castlevania IV, Bloodlines and Lament of Innocence. Anyway, on to the series!

Overview:

In the Castlevania games, members of the Belmont clan (and occasionally others) must fight the forces of evil until they eventually reach and slay Dracula. Most of the 2D games are platformers in which you can upgrade you whip (the main weapon of a majority of Castelvania protagonists) and obtain other items to use. However, Symphony of the Night changed things up a bit by making the game more exploration based in a similar style of that of the 2D Metroids. From what I know of the 3D titles, they are beat 'em ups with a foot in exploration (although I don't know if it's the same for the Nintendo 64 titles).

So yeah, that's Castlevania in a nutshell. I'm new to this series so I'm kind of a CV noob, if any of you guys want to correct me on anything please do.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

The current upcoming game in the series, apparently meant to reboot the franchise. From what I've read the gameplay will be similar to God of War in terms of combat. It will also have platforming and puzzles according to an interview with IGN. The game is currently set for a 2010 release date for the PS360. It's also worth mentioning that Kojima is involved in the project.

Official Website: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/castlevania/

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
i love it. ive play sotn, circle of the moons, the one with juste, harmony of dissonance, and aria of sorrow. it seems like the metroid games for gameboy but harder and completing a map actually serves a purpose. they dont point the way you have to come across and figure it out for yourself. most cases you fight death and dracula. theres multiple endings that are unlocked by completing map and equipping certain items losing or winning you final battle. the worst one to me is castlevania judgement. my favorite cv characters have to be hugh grant, alucard, and soma cruz. cant wait for the upcoming one.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I've beat Super Castlevania 4 over 9000 times it is by far the best Castlevania game. SOTN is fantastic but it's too easy :(

Anyways, here's a TIP from Dash Fox for Castlevania 4 to make your runs faster:
-You can use your sub weapon and whip (even in the air or any direction) at the same time with enough practice, it has a tiny frame window to execute though. I'm pretty sure that you have to push the Throw Sub weapon button first and the whip button second.

Also, Rondo of Blood is pretty hard (PC Version), even harder than the SNES counterpart (not a port, it's a different game).

kr3wman

Smash Master
SCV4 is so ****ing good.

I started playing Castlevania on the N64... Pretty bad introduction to the series LOL.

Fortunately I borrowed the SNES classic from someone.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I've beat Super Castlevania 4 over 9000 times it is by far the best Castlevania game.
OMG YES a thousand times over :D I can replay that game always and never get bored.

I can't wait for this new game though, looks good.

Top Bottom