• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I still don't know what to evolve my Terriermon into, it's gotta be either one of the Gaomon, Leomon or Garurumon lines since they're some of my favorite Digimon.
Don't be afraid to experiment with what else it can Digivolve into. You can willingly revert down to prior forms (and is actually required as evolving and devolving grants ABI which you need for certain forms later). Plus you might want skills that can only be learned by certain forms, which your Digimon will always know and carry over into other forms.

For example: I went into the various poop and slime Digimon lines so my Hangurumon lines will have attacks that can cause Dot and Panic while shimming around to other families to get some support skills like Crit and Attack boosting supports and Revive before returning back to the original line.

Last edited:

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Damn, you're right! I've been playing Digimon for at least more than 5 years or so and I somehow forgot I could branch out so I can have Digimon with unique attacks. I used to have a Mirage Gaogamon with Flower Temptation in the DS games!

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Damn, you're right! I've been playing Digimon for at least more than 5 years or so and I somehow forgot I could branch out so I can have Digimon with unique attacks. I used to have a Mirage Gaogamon with Flower Temptation in the DS games!
That mechanic is heavily emphasized in these two games especially, so go nuts! :p

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Well, guess what? Ended up evolving my Terriermon into Gargomon after all because it was the only option available lol

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
you can do that? the digivolution options in these games must be quite something
Yep. Each Digimon has a minimum of 3 different digivolution paths to go through. So Renamon can turn into upwards of 5 different Champion levels and each of those Champions have upwards of 5 different Ultimates to choose and so on. It's important to do as each form learns different moves. Some Digimon are support heavy, some are magical or physical attack based, some offer debuffs and so on. And through digivolving up and back down, any Digimon you have can become ANY Digimon in the game through manipulating your digivolve paths. It's pretty rad, honestly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yep. Each Digimon has a minimum of 3 different digivolution paths to go through. So Renamon can turn into upwards of 5 different Champion levels and each of those Champions have upwards of 5 different Ultimates to choose and so on. It's important to do as each form learns different moves. Some Digimon are support heavy, some are magical or physical attack based, some offer debuffs and so on. And through digivolving up and back down, any Digimon you have can become ANY Digimon in the game through manipulating your digivolve paths. It's pretty rad, honestly.
ooh, id get it right now, but i need to put some money aside atm

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
ooh, id get it right now, but i need to put some money aside atm
http://digidb.io/digimon-list/
You can find all attainable Digimon and their paths on that website. The game has quite an impressive list IMO. Plus if there is a specific Digimon that isn’t on there, chances are they have a collectable medal of it so you can see your favorites no matter how obscure they are.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
You can find all attainable Digimon and their paths on that website. The game has quite an impressive list IMO. Plus if there is a specific Digimon that isn’t on there, chances are they have a collectable medal of it so you can see your favorites no matter how obscure they are.
What I most cared about was my boys machinedramon got his burst form and Etemon finally got KingEtemon as a form when they weren't previously availble in Sleuth, only Hacker's Memory.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
What I most cared about was my boys machinedramon got his burst form and Etemon finally got KingEtemon as a form when they weren't previously availble in Sleuth, only Hacker's Memory.
Well the complete edition ported over all the changes and additions that were made in HM so you should be good to go!

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Well the complete edition ported over all the changes and additions that were made in HM so you should be good to go!
That's what I mean. XD Them doing that made playing Sleuth again all the better because it gave me my dudes this time around :p

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
you can do that? the digivolution options in these games must be quite something
Not only that, but the digivolution mechanic is handled pretty different depending on the Digimon games. In the original Digimon World, for example, to evolve your monster you had to follow a very specific set of parameters depending on how well you train your Digimon and take care of it, since you could get either a Greymon, a Tyrannomon or even a Numemon. Of course the possibilities are endless even if most Digimon have a canonical route or not.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well my favourites are usually the main characters in the anime so i dont think they count as obscure, then again there are a few random ones im fond of

Not only that, but the digivolution mechanic is handled pretty different depending on the Digimon games. In the original Digimon World, for example, to evolve your monster you had to follow a very specific set of parameters depending on how well you train your Digimon and take care of it, since you could get either a Greymon, a Tyrannomon or even a Numemon. Of course the possibilities are endless even if most Digimon have a canonical route or not.
its been years since i played that, i do seem to recall having a monochromon and planning to turn it into metalmamemon but never getting that far

this was back before the gamecube so it was a long time ago

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Something just has dawned on me; many people are quick to dismiss Digimon simply because Tekken or Tales of are way more popular and serve as their main competition when there is actually no reason as to why not both could get in alongside Digimon since several third party companies already have 3 reps in, being Sega, Capcom and Konami (even though in the case of the latter two they're added by echoes, they still count) and Smash has had a history of adding more than one third party rep in the same game, with Capcom getting two in Smash 4 and Konami getting another two in Ultimate so I see no reason for Bamco to not do the same with Digimon and/or Tekken/Tales of. It'd be really dumb of them to ignore or dismiss what would be their second best grossing franchise. Really the only issue I see there is if Bamco actually wants more than one rep in Smash since they're currently the only veteran company to have one rep.

(I personally like to think Tekken is deconfirmed due to Heihachi cameoing in a taunt and Sakurai stating to have difficulties transfering his moveset into a 2D game like Smash, but then again Sakurai has never really been a man of word and goes through unpredictable patterns).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Something just has dawned on me; many people are quick to dismiss Digimon simply because Tekken or Tales of are way more popular and serve as their main competition when there is actually no reason as to why not both could get in alongside Digimon since several third party companies already have 3 reps in, being Sega, Capcom and Konami (even though in the case of the latter two they're added by echoes, they still count) and Smash has had a history of adding more than one third party rep in the same game, with Capcom getting two in Smash 4 and Konami getting another two in Ultimate so I see no reason for Bamco to not do the same with Digimon and/or Tekken/Tales of. It'd be really dumb of them to ignore or dismiss what would be their second best grossing franchise. Really the only issue I see there is if Bamco actually wants more than one rep in Smash since they're currently the only veteran company to have one rep.

(I personally like to think Tekken is deconfirmed due to Heihachi cameoing in a taunt and Sakurai stating to have difficulties transfering his moveset into a 2D game like Smash, but then again Sakurai has never really been a man of word and goes through unpredictable patterns).
yep, we have no way of knowing how sakurai or NB feel about any of these characters in smash or how many of them theyd be ok with at one time all we can do is wait and see

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You say "their second best grossing franchise", I say literally half of their company. Pacman is by Namco. Tales is by Namco. Tekken is by Namco. Heck, even Soul Calibur is by Namco. Digimon and Tamagotchi are by far the biggest names to have come out of Bandai, back when Bamco was two companies, and it's clear which of those belongs in a fighting game. Give us our Bandai rep, Sakurai!

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Somehow that didn't come to my mind but damn you're right. It's still as equally important for them though since Namco keeps promoting the series regardless.

I'm beginning to speculate they could representate the Bandai part with Digimon, just like how they repped the Enix part of SE with Hero and Atlus's part of Sega with Joker so it's not like they're complete strangers to it. Maybe they could add a Microsoft rep to go with Rare, lol.

No one has discussed this either but anyone thinking about the possibility that we might get a Tamagotchi Mii costume? Maybe Mametchi?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion

I took the liberty of posting your comments on Twitter! If you want you can have a look and comment!
https://twitter.com/Agumon4Smash/status/1187805481114460160

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If it was a spirit, I would understand, but his latest Japanese VA Unshou Ishizuka straight up died shortly after doing :ultincineroar: for Smash, and we still don't know of any replacements yet, since the latest Tekken entry is a mobile phone one that probably uses archival audio.

As far as I'm concerned, unless I'm proven wrong, the guy's deconfirmed three times over.

Last edited:

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Well, that could be the case now that you mention it, though Tekken has a bunch of characters Sakurai could choose between but then again, isn't Heihachi the most iconic one? Really though I could see him being a Mii Costume again just like in Smash 4.

Graizen Graizen I'm flattered that you decided to do this I guess, I do appreciate it!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think Heihachi is happening. Tekken could still happen (They could always go with Kazuya or Jin instead) but Heihachi is probably retired for the moment.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Also a quick tip for all yall who are not keen on long grinds. I had to use this trick during my first run of the game back on Vita and seems the process has been made a little easier with a mildly increased production rate in the Complete edition. There is an item known as a Tactician USB. It's a held item that boosts the amount of experience you earn in battle. These items stack and as Digimon Digivolve they can hold multiple items. Usually by Ultimate level they can hold three items. So if you have your active Digimon holding three each, you get a massive experience bump.

Obtaining them can be a bit time consuming but you can do a small shortcut of sorts. The best way to obtain them is to have a farm dedicated to the task. You'll need the farm to be level 2 at least and have the farm goods be Developer's Know-How (Which can be purchased in the shop at the Digilab for 25,000 yen each) in each slot. Next you'll want to fill that farm with Builder personality Digimon. Once you've done so, set them to develop items using the 1,000 Yen option. A full Builder line up should have a development time of 20 minutes. When the time is at about a minute, save the game. You can keep saving little by little to get right to the sweet spot of right before the development finishes. If the item produced isn't the USB, you can quickly soft reset to the main menu using the + button so to quit without saving. Reload the game and wait for development to end again. Rinse and repeat.

These items are crucial if you want to bulk up quick and bypass grinding by a significant amount.

I also recommend staying in the Digilab when the development is about to end but checking the produced item via the Digi Line message prompts. It's faster than activating the farm console as it will force you to take/sell the items, then back out with an overall longer process due to loading times and menu navigation.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Also a quick tip for all y'all who are not keen on long grinds. I had to use this trick during my first run of the game back on Vita and seems the process has been made a little easier with a mildly increased production rate in the Complete edition. There is an item known as a Tactician USB. It's a held item that boosts the amount of experience you earn in battle. These items stack and as Digimon Digivolve they can hold multiple items. Usually by Ultimate level they can hold three items. So if you have your active Digimon holding three each, you get a massive experience bump.

Obtaining them can be a bit time consuming but you can do a small shortcut of sorts. The best way to obtain them is to have a farm dedicated to the task. You'll need the farm to be level 2 at least and have the farm goods be Developer's Know-How (Which can be purchased in the shop at the Digi-Lab for 25,000 yen each) in each slot. Next you'll want to fill that farm with Builder personality Digimon. Once you've done so, set them to develop items using the 1,000 Yen option. A full Builder line up should have a development time of 20 minutes. When the time is at about a minute, save the game. You can keep saving little by little to get right to the sweet spot of right before the development finishes. If the item produced isn't the USB, you can quickly soft reset to the main menu using the + button so to quit without saving. Reload the game and wait for development to end again. Rinse and repeat.

These items are crucial if you want to bulk up quick and bypass grinding by a significant amount.

I also recommend staying in the DigiLab when the development is about to end but checking the produced item via the Digi Line message prompts. It's faster than activating the farm console as it will force you to take/sell the items, then back out with an overall longer process due to loading times and menu navigation.
In addition to that, if you get a PlatinumSukamon/PlatinumNumemon their Support Skill, Platinum Service/Bonus, increases the amount of EXP earned in battle by 50/100% and the quickest way to get them is by this digivolution line Pabumon-Motimon-Hagurumon-PlatinumSukamon-Etemon-PlatinumNumemon. Also Sistermon Blanc and Sistermon Ciel/Noir's Support Skill, Supervisor, also increase EXP but not by very much.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
In addition to that, if you get a PlatinumSukamon/PlatinumNumemon their Support Skill, Platinum Service/Bonus, increases the amount of EXP earned in battle by 50/100% and the quickest way to get them is by this digivolution line Pabumon-Motimon-Hagurumon-PlatinumSukamon-Etemon-PlatinumNumemon. Also Sistermon Blanc and Sistermon Ciel/Noir's Support Skill, Supervisor, also increase EXP but not by very much.
Yeah, one could go the extra mile for the Sukas but I tend not too only because they're not exactly good. They're best for late game or post game when your Memory is maxed.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, one could go the extra mile for the Sukas but I tend not too only because they're not exactly good. They're best for late game or post game when your Memory is maxed.
Sistermon Blanc is for early game, PlatinumSukamon is for mid to late game and PlatinumNumemon is for end and after game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i got the cyber sleuth pair, not sure when ill start it as i wanna finish off something else first and lm3 is out soon

Top Bottom