• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawl to end them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airluigi

Smash Cadet
As most most of us should know brawl was a huge success and its ads were everywhere. Most of the ads repeated this catchy but treatning quote: "The Brawl to end them all!" what could this mean, is this the final part to the possible super smash bros trilogy, or is this just a huge misunderstanding?:confused:

airluigi

Smash Cadet
it means Sakurai won't be doing another smash, but doesn't mean Smash itself is final
So you think the rumors ARE true I'm jus saying cause that would be pretty dissapointing to many ssb fan all over the world

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
no. he is saying that SAKURAI is done making smash, not that smash is done. games dont need the same guy to make them, and hopefully with him out of the picture we can get some new exciting stuff in smash =D

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
no. he is saying that SAKURAI is done making smash, not that smash is done. games dont need the same guy to make them, and hopefully with him out of the picture we can get some new exciting stuff in smash =D
I dont think a EA/Rockstar representive would be a great idea..For example,the 1st Def Jam Vendetta game as compared to the follow-ups. :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
it means Sakurai won't be doing another smash, but doesn't mean Smash itself is final
It's not even saying this.

Wow people, it's just a catchy rhyming marketing slogan.

Sakurai said he wouldnt do another smash after Melee....

Lo and behold, here we are playing Brawl.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't this mean that there will be no more Brawls, but not necessarily no more Smash Bros?

edit: i am stupid

gorgon.

Smash Ace
They tried to find something that rhymed with "Brawl"...

Since when did people start listening to marketing jingles?

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Can I have what your smoking?

Sakurai DID put new and exciting stuff in Brawl.

Explain what he did that was not new and exciting?

And about the tag line, I think thats all it is and it will remain that way unless officially stated otherwise.

Yawgmoth

Smash Cadet
Well, it does seem like it will be ending competitive smash. Who is honestly going to buy SSB4 except the casual players who think Brawl is a better game?

Nintendos marketing strategy is basically like this now:
1) make a cheap/poor quality game
2) save tons on production costs
3) target it at people who wouldnt know the difference
4) (optional) delay it to make it seem like its being refined, but dont actually do anything (or make it even worse to drive away noncasual players)
5) ???
6) profit

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
Can I have what your smoking?

Sakurai DID put new and exciting stuff in Brawl.

Explain what he did that was not new and exciting?

And about the tag line, I think thats all it is and it will remain that way unless officially stated otherwise.
no, im out ='(

alright, most of the stuff he added was pretty cool. but tripping? come on
and the stage builder makes me cry, its alright, but nothing special. SSE was sub-par for the amount of time that was spent on it, and he didnt take out all the clones.

EDIT: oh yeah, i just lost the game

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ITS JUST A FREAKlNG ADVERT.

We've had enough topics on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom