• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser boards spam thread. you guys spammed so much that i closed this. wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
somehow being turned around when i up b off the stage and not grabbing the wall and falling to a slooooooow death

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
like...seriously?
You just press upb with your sheild up. since nothing happens when you press b, the Up cancels your sheild and the B makes you do your Up-B.

Was that a joke?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I was unsure. I didn't want to flame him for not knowing, I didn't want to tell him if he was joking and I wanted to tell him if he didn't really know.

What a pickle!

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I was being serious, I wouldn't have asked if I could have found it, but I lurked and lurked , but to no avail ;-;

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
No worries. I just wasn't sure. People like to spam here for post count since it's basically the spam thread.
Do you understand, I could probably explain it better though pm if you still need help.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I guess they figure they can get insta-fame or something for it. I guess back before I officially joined ( I viewed the boards since like 05, made and account, lost the password, made a new account this year) there used to be like a reputation system or something like that, where you could get good feedback for posts, and your reputation would improve or decline. Doesn't sound like that bad of an idea really..

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It doesn't. Respect is based more on proper participation, or just being ****ed good at smash. I'm a middle of the road quality smasher, I jsut know alot about the game and enjoy discussing it, and Brawl.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Rep used to be used here, but they didn't have a limit to how much rep you could spread. So a bunch of super noobs just came in and plus repped until they had like 50000 points. So they decided to take away the rep system. I learned all that from lurking =]. Also: thanks for the info man. It really helped in the bowser ditto I was in.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I still find it hard to belive people spam for post count. What does it prove?
+1
EL OH EL. EL OH EL.

It provesthat you're an idiot, basically. Or it's just done in a thread so stupid (as hin the OP is an idiot) that the people know it's a worthles topic going nowhere so just do it for fun since they know a mod will come and close it soon enough... then again so many threads get locked here. **** j00 gimpy! It's probably because we suck at staying on topic (mainly because there is very little topic to talk about).

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
You're in the middle of a grab, and you want to up-b whilst grabbing? Nope, you cant. However you can throw them and Up-B as soon as you're able.

I imagine that you could grab the, headbutt them until they break free and then Up-B then, it could be favorable depending on their reflexes.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I thought it was possible? I've read it work with bowser and link best, but I guess someone lied to me :(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
well you can throw them into an up-b, like link can d-throw or uthrow into an up b, if that's what you mean.

by into i mean after you throw them you up-b and it hits them.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bowser has no grabs that instantly go into his Up-B and the headbutt thing won't work because you drop further away from him and go into the recoil animation when they break out.

Wisdom Teeth time SleepyK :( <333

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I still find it hard to belive people spam for post count. What does it prove?
I'm pretty sure I've seen Bailey post in this thread once or twice saying something like "I don't main Bowser..." or "I still don't main Bowser".

That's borderline spam, but legit since this is the bowser spam thread XD

Still ridiculous by any common standard though. And why would you want to up-b like that? You're better off down throwing and tech chasing or something. I wouldn't look for the up b or up air out of a normal grab->throw. Maybe uair out of the klaw grab with a forward throw, but the klaw grab back throw is a much better option anyways, in my opinion.. I don't know, maybe I'm missing what you're driving at here..

EDIT: AH my wisdom teeth are coming out soon too *_*

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Haha, wisdom teeth blow. I was born with zero of them! (Pretty friggen' rare). So I don't know you pain.

Bowser is awesome. With Victory's combo, you can add an optional mindgame or two.

Just curious, is there any character that Bowser has an easier match against?

tac0

Smash Journeyman
What should I be doing against DK's?
I've only played one good DK., and he ***** me :(.
Also: what should I follow up my grabs with?

Also:Also: I started using bowser knowing nothing except what I learned from lurking, but I never learned how to impliment (sp?) the klaw into my strategy. How would I go about that?

Ohhhh and can I call it the cutie claw? :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
What should I be doing against DK's?
I've only played one good DK., and he ***** me :(.
Also: what should I follow up my grabs with?

Also:Also: I started using bowser knowing nothing except what I learned from lurking, but I never learned how to impliment (sp?) the klaw into my strategy. How would I go about that?

Ohhhh and can I call it the cutie claw? :)
I just call it the klaw. And I know what you mean. Before I started to check the boards back in 05 I was mostly captain falcon or falco, and I basically use whoever, since I've lurked so much I'm pretty familiar with almost every character, like at least enough that I know their character specific strategies and am able to perform them. Lurking is how it's done!!

The klaw is all mindgames for me. I never like approach with it, but if I can get someone chasing me or if they seem to techroll like towards you every time, jsut hit em with a reverse klaw. It's great for tech chasing since it lasts moderately long, you can get them right as their standing up, but the reverse klaw when they are chasing you is pretty situational. It seems to come up more against dash attack and chaingrab happy players that just like to take you head on, throw in a dash dance here and there, and jsut run after you, but it helps eliminate that aspect of play.

Feel free to jump in anyone else..

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
due to brawl people wanting a massively increased post count with no purpose i'm closing this thread and never re-opening it

and i'm also going to be keeping a closer eye on these forums

so watch yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom