• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bombs are Inert

Squadallah

Smash Rookie
It feels like every time I want to take out a bomb, I get attacked by a fast or aggressive character. It's getting to the point that using bombs against some characters is counter productive, because it's like they know exactly when I want to take one out, and they attack me when I do since I'm wide open.

And then like 10% of the time I blow myself up with a bomb. Or when I think I can land a combo, the bomb explosion knocks them back too far.

Help.

BooM!!

Smash Cadet
If you have a bomb and don't feel safe using it,
Jump > air dodge > a or z to z-air > throw the bomb > follow up with DAC or boost smash or whatever you wanna call it. You can follow up with other stuff like more spam too.
I find this way a lot better because the z-air almost guarantees that the bomb will hit. Plus, it's a good way to put pressure on people because all of these attacks are pretty far ranged.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I usually never get hit when grabbing a bomb. I find the best way to pull a bomb is to provide urself with a spacer first. An example would be a boomerang as a spacer then bomb pull. Its also alot easier and safer to pull a bomb from a short hop since ur not stationary, your less of a sitting duck.

While bombs are nice for combos and everything. Bombs and boomerangs work great as traps or mind games. By throw a bomb behind them and a boomerang above their options are more limited to they can do. Sometimes they rather risk the bomb hitting them then your sword, but by that time u should be charging them and hit them after the bomb.

One of my favorite bomb styles is to throw one straight up in and jump grab another one and throw it toward them. They could choose to charge you, where u can shield, pull back, or combo them into the bomb above you. Or 2 they could try to retreat, where you successfully pulled a spacer. And theres also a chance the forward tossed bomb will hit them, so when u see that as a possibility you charge to combo off the bomb. And if u really felt like being defensive, if they back up you can catch the bomb u tossed straight up and then throw that one at them as well.

Bomb are a really great distraction and will sometimes make the other players focus on them rather then you. or they ignore them completely which will allow you to hit them with it quite easily. You just have to figure out what type of player they are and how they compensate for the bombs being thrown around. Then its at simple to just use your bombs accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Izaw

Smash Ace
NEVER. Stand still when you take out a bomb, always jump backwards or forwards while taking out the bomb. Also if you can, try to Arrow Cancel it. If you don't know what I mean by Arrow Cancel, click on the youtube link above my signature.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to tell you all a little secret :D

Jump > pull out bomb HOLD A > (while holding A) cstick left/right

fsmashing while holding a bomb has been known for a while, start using it T_T

Top Bottom