• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Blessings of Tap Jump On + Tilt C-Stick

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
hi guise

Like many players, I used to play with Tap Jump Off. However, I was given the advice to try Tap Jump On and Tilt C-Stick simultaneously, and I must say it's pretty helpful.

My dthrow -> uairs have become a lot more consistent, and I can now easily SH uair -> double jump, which allows extensions to mid~low% combos.

The cool thing about the c-stick is that it cancels your analog input for one frame when activating the A button, so, if you input Up with the analog stick and, during the squat animation, press the c-stick up, it will cancel the analog, giving you an easy short hop, and buffer an uair in the meantime, perfect for dthrow/dash attack follow ups. You can buffer a double jump during instant uair's last cooldown frames. It also makes it easier to wall or trade with stuff like Sheik's fair.

*This is not doable with Smash C-Stick, you'll just JC Usmash in the process.

Worth giving a try.

Last edited:

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
I've never heard about the cstick canceling the analog input, that's pretty cool. I assumed jc tilt stick would still result in usmash, due to jc usmash still happening if you are already holding up on the analog stick when inputting it manually, cool info, thanks man :]

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah the up C not turning the jump into an Usmash is something I didn't know and definitely game changing. I'm probably going to test A sticking now.

I'll keep tap jump off because I already claw to press the X button with my index for jumps, so I can jump and tap C stick up simultaneously with no problem at all. It's too crucial to be able to DI up while not wasting your second jump imo, that why I will never be able to play with tap jump on.

tdksparda

Smash Rookie
May work for some people but I don't think it's for me, when i first picked up smash 4 i was SDing and missing combos everywhere had no idea what was wrong, turned off tap jump and everything instantly worked as I wanted it to

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I cant play with tap jump, i mapped my jump on L however since it removes the whole process of being quick to the C stick from jump, i love it!

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I play with tap jump off for the most part, but I have no problem with tap jump. Playing enough Smash 64 makes it a non-issue, especially if you main Falcon or Fox in 64. I hadn't known about the buffering thing. That is pretty helpful to know, I'm gonna have to lab up on this. Might be something really quite helpful here.

Top Bottom